Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Roy only had what? 4 weeks from being appointed to picking the first squad.. that really isn't long to put together everything.. it wouldn't surprise me if he had no time to talk to Richards..

Richards and Carrick must be a bit pissed off that they could both be playing in the first team for EURO 2012 if they didn't mind being included on the stand by list :)

Yeah because a phone call takes ages right? We are only talking about 30 people who are viable, it's 2-3 days out of 4 weeks and he is being paid massively for it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
so if it should be based on talent, why is Martin Kelly going rather than Rio who played 3 times as many games than him, and for the team that finished runners up in the league?

Because Roy or the FA do not want to handle the Rio and JT issue, thing is you notice that Rio has not refused a call up and actually wants to play even with JT in the side? It's a clusterfuck, if Kelly has to play and makes a mistake the press will cripple the lad, Rio is well liked and respected but can also do the job as good if not better than any one else in that position. His numbers for this season say it all, that is what is hard to accept, same as Carrick having incredible stats this season and yet not even being considered because Roy can't be arsed to make a phonecall. It's Capello all over again, 100k a week for fuck all.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah because a phone call takes ages right? We are only talking about 30 people who are viable, it's 2-3 days out of 4 weeks and he is being paid massively for it.

Any player who refuses to be on the stand-by list or any bollocks like that shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.. huge ego's need to be brought down :D we need players who want to play for England and will do anything for that, not players with huge ego's...

I have every faith in Martin Kelly to have a very good tournament.. he is really underrated by opposing fans :/

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Any player who refuses to be on the stand-by list or any bollocks like that shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.. huge ego's need to be brought down :D we need players who want to play for England and will do anything for that, not players with huge ego's...

I have every faith in Martin Kelly to have a very good tournament.. he is really underrated by opposing fans :/

The huge egos are already in the squad and we all know who they are. If you are trying to tell me that Carrick or Scholes are in the same boat then you are clearly delusional. Scholes retired, Capello wanted him for the last World Cup but could not be arsed to pick up the phone and so Scholes stayed retired, Roy didn't ring him either and that is the protocol for callups, the manager calls you. Carrick was treated like dirt by Capello despite being first XI for a side winning League and CL titles, he was moved in and out of the squad at random, never given a fair chance to shine. For that reason he told Capello to forget it, he wasn't prepared to spend 6-8 weeks every year being called up but doing nothing beyond training and then being dropped with no reason. As for Micah Richards, that one is a mystery, yes he lost form but that was more down to bad club management than the player himself, this year has proven that he can be the real deal given the chance, no phone call for him either.

It's a nonsense. You might not agree but I am entitled to my opinion and that opinion is that England are the same fucking mess they have been for over a decade, the FA are clueless and the managers just go along with it for an easy payday.

Martin Kelly? Not even close to being ready, potential sure but didn't exactly pull up trees in a very mediocre Liverpool side.

soze

I am a FH squatter
IMO Rio is not there because if he was there should be huge pressure to play JT and Rio and the two of them together would not be great news. I have no idea why JT was picked over Rio if I were manager he would be dropped until the court case was over.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
IMO Rio is not there because if he was there should be huge pressure to play JT and Rio and the two of them together would not be great news. I have no idea why JT was picked over Rio if I were manager he would be dropped until the court case was over.

Why not great news? Rio has been clear that he wants to play and he understands that would probably mean alongside JT. If he is cool with it then why isn't Roy?

No, someone at the FA was being smart and thought 'we have Cahill and JT, they play together every week so lets forget Rio, chances are we won't need him anyway'. Stupid cunts now have egg on thier faces, Rio is seething at yet another slight and Roy will not answer questions on the subject. Fucking farce.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Why not great news? Rio has been clear that he wants to play and he understands that would probably mean alongside JT. If he is cool with it then why isn't Roy?

No, someone at the FA was being smart and thought 'we have Cahill and JT, they play together every week so lets forget Rio, chances are we won't need him anyway'. Stupid cunts now have egg on thier faces, Rio is seething at yet another slight and Roy will not answer questions on the subject. Fucking farce.
I just think the lack of pace between them could be exposed mate, Rio is a great mind still but his legs are going. JT and Rio vs a quick counter attacking team could cause problems.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
"Edinson Cavani has today been cut to 6/4 to join Chelsea from 10/1. " ......... insane

Vladamir

FH is my second home
182191_391069474276820_930052294_n.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I just think the lack of pace between them could be exposed mate, Rio is a great mind still but his legs are going. JT and Rio vs a quick counter attacking team could cause problems.

Defending is 90% brain power, shaping and positioning yourself, he has adapted well and because he is so composed on the ball he could do a damn fine job for England. You mention pace but he has more than JT ever had, is far better positionally than Cahill. I won't compare him to the young lads, it's just not fair and they deserve thier chance, thier first real test should not be at tournament level though, especially against someone like Benzema who with good service can be a real handful.

rynnor

Rockhound
Defending is 90% brain power, shaping and positioning yourself

If that was true you'd have 40+ year old defenders - I dont see any? What your saying is really only true against set pieces and normal play - in a counter attack with a fast striker rushing the goal you need speed.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If that was true you'd have 40+ year old defenders - I dont see any? What your saying is really only true against set pieces and normal play - in a counter attack with a fast striker rushing the goal you need speed.

Maldini did it for a decade with sheer ability. Rio is the same type of player, he has no issue with the ball at his feel, positionally very good especially when alongside another top quality defender. You can not tell me that he isn't one of the best four centre backs we have, that would be utter nonsense.

rynnor

Rockhound
Maldini did it for a decade with sheer ability. Rio is the same type of player, he has no issue with the ball at his feel, positionally very good especially when alongside another top quality defender. You can not tell me that he isn't one of the best four centre backs we have, that would be utter nonsense.

I would have taken Rio and dropped Terry - it doesnt make sense to me in a footballing sense alone let alone the court case. Terry is too slow now and presents opportunities to the opposing side - he's a weak point.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You can not tell me that he isn't one of the best four centre backs we have, that would be utter nonsense.

this is the crux of the matter. Maybe Rio shouldn't be automatic first choice any more but ceryainly warrants at the very least a place on the bench. Ch3tan says about not bringing along passengers, but how can you call a centre back who was amongst the top 5 in the world just a couple of years a go a passenger? it was not long ago that Rio was a world class defender, something that lescott and jagielka (despite both being good players, I think lescott in particular had a good year) will never be.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Defending is 90% brain power, shaping and positioning yourself, he has adapted well and because he is so composed on the ball he could do a damn fine job for England. You mention pace but he has more than JT ever had, is far better positionally than Cahill. I won't compare him to the young lads, it's just not fair and they deserve thier chance, thier first real test should not be at tournament level though, especially against someone like Benzema who with good service can be a real handful.
I don't think JT should be there. Rio would be fine paired with a Cahill to do all the running. But JT and Rio are both to slow vs a counter attacking team. And for whatever reason JT is there so Rio is not. I am not saying it is right just what i think is happening.

Everz

FH is my second home
It was done for the wrong reasons, imo. I don't think Rio should have been there as he would have been bit part and given the choice the Jagielka/Lescott partnership is an extremely solid one.

As for Pearce having to call Richards and Hodgson not doing it, I don't know what the lad has done but that is a huge insult no matter what the level. If the manager hasn't got the respect to call the player personally then that player has all the right to refuse to be on stand-by. Low-level behavior from Hodgson to arguably what is our best RB.

Everz

FH is my second home
Also as for the Rio fitness issue.. he was fit enough to play 2 prem games and a cl match is 6 days.. but not 3 england games in 10 days?

Never advocating his inclusion, but it is a poor excuse.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Maldini did it in one of the slowest leagues in the world yeah :D

Everz

FH is my second home
Also the Baggies are falling apart :D!

Odemwingie, Olsson already left and now Mulumbu wants out. They are falling apart so badly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
"When they won the Champions League I told myself, 'Why not Chelsea?'," said Hazard.
"There was a struggle between Chelsea and [Manchester] United but, for me, Chelsea has the best project. It's a wonderful club."
Chelsea are reportedly paying £32m to sign the talented youngster, who added on French radio station RMC: "The [Chelsea] team is young and I have a better chance to play there.
"If I play well enough at Chelsea, I could win my place in the starting team."

Hazard^ . So what he really means is, Roman made some assurances that the new manager will be forced to play me, and paid me and my agent a lot more money than United were pre-pared to.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In my FM game, Pep quit Barca just like he did in real life.... his replacement? Wenger, who stepped down as Arse manager.

Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom