Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I have seen Gerrard and Lampard play for England with the heart and desire they give their club quite a few times..

Rooney gives a lot as well.. I think we have not had the best luck with getting a good manager in for years now... Capello was ok but him not learning decent English did fuck us up a bit...

Look at Spain.. they have about 5-6 players at Barcelona who have all played together for years and years.. that really does help a lot..
The exact same with Germany.. they have 8(!!) players at Bayern Munich who are all first team players for Germany and a few of them have been playing together for years..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I have seen Gerrard and Lampard play for England with the heart and desire they give their club quite a few times..

You are talking bollocks now and I have an evil hangover so I shall say this and leave it, those two have never been able to play alongside each other because of ego and any good performances they have had individually have come against much weaker opposition. Owen Hargreaves did more at World Cup 2006 than either of those two have managed in thier entire England carreers, he played with total determination and passion but also completely without fear and ego. Ashley Cole is a complete cock but at World Cup 2010 I was proud to see him wear the shirt, he contested every ball and worked so fucking hard for his team, just a shame the rest of them failed him. People always talk about Lampard and Gerrard, when did either of them have a good tournament? At least Rooney fights but without supply his head goes down and he becomes frustrated. England have pissed away a golden generation because management are inept and cannot get egos under control nor form any real kind of team spirit.

The FA should shoulder the blame, they appointed weak managers or ones who had no intention of doing the job but taking £5 million a year for 2 weeks work. Hope and pray Roy and his staff can do something but judging by the squad he picked I cannot see it happening, it's the same old faces with the same old attitudes.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I can't really remember Ronaldo/Messi/Robben/Ribery/Tevez or any other world class player be amazing and give it their all at any world cup/euro against good opposition many times tbh... it's not just our players.

I think Gerrard had quite a good World Cup as well compared to the rest of the team...

And yeah I'm not talking about Gerrard and Lampard playing together well, but I have seen both of them show desire to win quite a few times in the England shirt...

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Weird move as he's been one of your most consistent players in recent seasons.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I said that at the World Cup vs the US they sing the anthem like a War Cry and are really into it. Then you look at our players and they barely give a shit, from that moment on they were always showing more heart than our players.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
So Cahill's ruled out of the Euro's.

Call up Rio? Woy says no.

Call up Micah? Can't do that, refused to be on standby.

I know let's get Martin Kelly

:ROFLMAO:

Everz

FH is my second home
I said that at the World Cup vs the US they sing the anthem like a War Cry and are really into it. Then you look at our players and they barely give a shit, from that moment on they were always showing more heart than our players.

Adem Ljalic was banned from the Serbian squad for not singing the anthem. Hah.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So Cahill's ruled out of the Euro's.

Call up Rio? Woy says no.

Call up Micah? Can't do that, refused to be on standby.

I know let's get Martin Kelly

:ROFLMAO:

Terribly handled, we have a number of good players who are no longer interested in playing because they have been so shabbily treated, both now and in the past.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
6 liverpool players in the squad...... 1 of them who has barely made the starting line up of an average team this season, even with johnson injured...... don't get me wrong i'm glad to see some youth given a chance.... but seems like a terrible decision to me

Lethul

FH is my second home
Terribly handled, we have a number of good players who are no longer interested in playing because they have been so shabbily treated, both now and in the past.

But but woy is awesome !!!!11
Kelly is awesome though /:)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
6 liverpool players in the squad...... 1 of them who has barely made the starting line up of an average team this season, even with johnson injured...... don't get me wrong i'm glad to see some youth given a chance.... but seems like a terrible decision to me

Agreed bud, he should have mended fences with Carrick and Richards, the Rio situation is a bit different and can't really be helped but where the hell is Chris Smalling? Can play very effectively as an attacking full back or in the centre of defence. Not feeling confident after seeing that squad and I am betting the senior players are a bit bewildered as well, the moment Lampard was injured it started to look ropey and I really think they should have persuaded Scholes to come back, his stats don't lie and nor does our points total for the second half of the season which he played a huge part in. Feel really sorry for Micah Richards though, had his best season in years and wasn't even considered backup for the backup.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
But but woy is awesome !!!!11
Kelly is awesome though /:)

Roy is a good coach but I am starting to doubt his man management skills, either that or the FA have crippled him and told him 'this is the pool of players you get to select from'.

Everz

FH is my second home
Woy is a yes-man and goes for 'solid and safe' rather then calling up unfamiliar names.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Woy is a yes-man and goes for 'solid and safe' rather then calling up unfamiliar names.

Yeah, Carrick and scholes, what have they ever done? :D That's not solid nor safe, it's stupid. One more injury to a senior player and we are royally fucked.

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeah, Carrick and scholes, what have they ever done? :D That's not solid nor safe, it's stupid. One more injury to a senior player and we are royally fucked.

Unfamiliar as in nothing out of the established order e.g. Downing, Barry etc etc.

Players that despite numerous failures still get the call.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Agreed bud, he should have mended fences with Carrick and Richards,
That is difficult though he should not have to beg to get people to play it is meant to me an honor to represent your country. The players should have reset their attitude with the new manager. Richards in in a tough spot a utility player was chosen ahead of him he should not rule himself out just because he does not want to be a backup player.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Didn't Scholes retire from International football a few years ago?

he retired from club football last year as well, swear I still saw a guy bearing a very ginger similarity too him running (well ok walking) about at Old Trafford

Marc

FH is my second home

They said the same about the germany team a few years ago. Quite a few eyebrows were raised when established stars were left out in favour of players who weren't getting much game time at their respective clubs. Not saying it will work for England but it rejuvenated the german national team

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They said the same about the germany team a few years ago. Quite a few eyebrows were raised when established stars were left out in favour of players who weren't getting much game time at their respective clubs. Not saying it will work for England but it rejuvenated the german national team

Correctamundo! What needs to happen is the disruptive, negative or ego driven members of the squad get dropped. Better to have 11 solid workers all pulling in the same direction instead if the constant farce we have had to endure for over 15 years because management and the FA are too weak to leave out 'the big names' who consistently underperform.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
Correctamundo! What needs to happen is the disruptive, negative or ego driven members of the squad get dropped. Better to have 11 solid workers all pulling in the same direction instead if the constant farce we have had to endure for over 15 years because management and the FA are too weak to leave out 'the big names' who consistently underperform.

Yet we should include players who refuse to be on standby? Does not compute! *head explodes*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom