Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sigguardson looked like good value on that deal, if that is the kind of player he COULD bring in his signings might actually be successful?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I still think we need a "Depressing" post rating.. hopefully I won't need to use it much next season :cry:

I'm still wondering if Chelsea are going to sign any decent English players... Ashley Cole/Terry/Lampard all have at max 2-3 seasons (3 if they are lucky) playing regularly for Chelsea..

They currently have 9 English players and I think it's 8 home-grown players they need to register for the Prem in a squad of 25..

So they will be forced to either buy some not very known player from a club like Crewe for £5m or do what Liverpool were forced to do and go out and buy players who were performing very well at their old teams for £20-30m :D

Even though the fees were high for the players Liverpool signed they did the right thing..

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You don't have to have English players you can just have a small squad

soze

I am a FH squatter
Buying the top talent before they hit 18 is the future that way by the time they are 21 they are home grown. Szcz is a good example hopefully we can keep him for another 15 years as a home grown talent.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If he gets a decent budget he could do well for Villa next year.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
By all accounts Lambert had a clause in his contract to allow him to talk to other Premier League clubs. Villa applied through the proper channels to talk to him, they gave permission and then later rescinded it. So he quit over breach of contract. There might be payments due to his backroom staff but the situation with Lambert himself appears fairly clear.

Everz

FH is my second home
VILLA FOR EUROPE.

Or not, kindly hope the guy flops, that said the usual Villa knuckledraggers will be out in force when your not sitting top after 3 games.

;)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Buying the top talent before they hit 18 is the future that way by the time they are 21 they are home grown. Szcz is a good example hopefully we can keep him for another 15 years as a home grown talent.
Yep but the chances of a player making it in to the first squad of a good team that way is quite slim.. probably 1 in 5-10 players do it ;/ Arsenal have managed to bring a few in since that's how do they do things..

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
AuYveBQCQAIXkSM.jpg

Do they have some kind of partnership going? that's a bit weird :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I think we scout Portugal quite a lot and have strong connections there, we've bought loads of Benfica players too. 3 of those basically came with Mourinho anyway.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
We don't have a lot of talent, but we work hard and we are organised. Does anybody seriously expect us to win the thing? Let's beat France and that will do for me ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Organised? Really? It's 90% effort and 10% intelligence. Watch the Germans if you want organised, they achieve miracles with 7-8 average players.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The current German team has more quality than any England team for years

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The current German team has more quality than any England team for years

More quality maybe but we are not talking a massive gulf are we? Maybe 3 players that can be considered world class and then a bunch of decent players (remember that England can claim a fair few players who have won European Cups and have been playing Champions League for the best part of a decade). The key thing about the Germans is that they play as a side and would die for the shirt, when was the last time a full England side played like that or even took to a pitch with the right attitude? Ashley Cole was the only player who turned up for the last world cup, the rest didn't even look interested and it will likely be the same story again this time, a squad full of players that makes the right noises to the press but not for one moment ever look like they would run themselves into the ground for the chance of a good result when it really matters.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I think the key thing for the Germans and other good countries is that they play a balanced 11 with a set philosophy where everyone knows what they're doing. England don't, personally I believe a lot of them are very passionate about their country.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
This is because the hierarchy will always select players from the top teams, no matter their form or professionalism. Yet most of those top teams depend on foreign players, with English players making up just a few spots in the squads.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Definately part of it Turamber but for decades we have consistently underperformed at tournaments and whilst some of it comes down to squad unity (which we have lacked since 1996) I honestly believe that there is a real lack of desire to lay it all on the line for thier country. Ask yourselves this, when has Gerrard ever, just once played for England like he did in the CL final or in pretty much any game he plays against United? When has Lampard ever given a dominating performance wearing those three lions or looked like he would die for the shirt as he did against Barcelona? In 5 tournaments Rooney has yet to really shine, is it because he lacks the talent or heart? For England to ever do will we need 11 players all at it, all game but it never happens. For me it is more likely that the squad has too many competing egos and players that are happy to be in the squad for the sake of endorsments but would still rather have an extra 3 weeks on holiday than only make it to a quarter final.

No heart, no real love for the shirt. Owen Hargreaves in 2006 and Cole in 2010 were the only players who I have seen that truely looked like they gave a shit.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
completely agree Cho, you look at past tournaments, even though we got knocked out you could look at players like Pearce, Butcher, Lineker, even Gazza etc who put everything into playing for their country. Just not had that feeling about the current group of players over last few tournaments.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
but tbh no one could question Beckham, Owen, Shearer or G.Nevs passion for England, and they were all world class, and still we got no where

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom