Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
hardly surprising considering all the idiots who believe they'll be beaten up or whatever falling for some shit panorama bullshit

Everz

FH is my second home
I was more going for the ridiculous prices to stay there, plus the total lack of anything to do.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Ronaldinho is now a free agent after suing his club for over £10m in missing wages and bonuses :D I hope he finally comes to the Prem ......still one of my favourite ever players..

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
We were set to sign him in 2001 but couldn't get a work permit as he hadn't played enough full internationals.

Such a gay rule.

rynnor

Rockhound
hardly surprising considering all the idiots who believe they'll be beaten up or whatever falling for some shit panorama bullshit

On the Panorama thing - isnt there a scare in the english press about racism in the host country of basically every football competition? I seem to remember stuff like this about the Portugese Euros...

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/chelsea-agree-deal-hulk-porto

What an incre...........nvm :D

That's £80m (probably around £100 including agent fees) spent so far for Chelsea this summer.. there's a lot of rumours about Modric wanting to leave Spurs and join Chelsea as well but I don't see how there's room for him :D

Only about 10 weeks till the new season starts :D

It's quite interesting as well because this forces Man Utd to also spend big :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/chelsea-agree-deal-hulk-porto

What an incre...........nvm :D

That's £80m (probably around £100 including agent fees) spent so far for Chelsea this summer.. there's a lot of rumours about Modric wanting to leave Spurs and join Chelsea as well but I don't see how there's room for him :D

Only about 10 weeks till the new season starts :D

It's quite interesting as well because this forces Man Utd to also spend big :)

Wait what?

32 + 38 = 70

Even if they had spent £80 million I highly doubt that agents fees are as much as 25%. I am sure there are signing on fees and other bonuses to take into account but it is unlikely that the transfer fees will be paid entirely upfront and the numbers quoted are likely to be the maximum transfer fee assuming number of appearances, future winnings etc.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
United really need to go out and buy an enforcer now. Kagawa will do just fine as an attacking threat in midfield but we need a replacement for Keane (only what 7 years later?) and we need it now. I honestly can't think of anyone available right now but what United need is their own Yaya.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'm talking about presence and poise more than natural on the filed attacking/defending inclinations by the by.

Marc

FH is my second home
525775_10150814052702714_732967713_9211629_1334501736_n.jpg

megadave

I am a FH squatter
(for his price, he's obviously a good player and looks built for the prem)

Anyone able to dig up his conversion to shot stats? In that video above every goal involves the ball rocketing into the top of the net :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Just for you :p

"At £32m, £38m & £8m respectively, Hazard, Hulk & Marin have cost Chelsea a mere £3m more than Carroll, Henderson & Downing. Mind-boggling..."

(dont mention torres :p)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
If someone offered me a player with a conversion rate of almost 1 goal per 2 shots, I would bite their hands off

Mickey mouse league though :p Falcao now he's a beast!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Mickey mouse league though :p Falcao now he's a beast!

A league that has produced a Champion's League winning team, an all-Portugese Europa League final in recent years, as well as some of the top players in world football that have more than held their own in the Premier League - Ronaldo, Nani, Ramires to name just a few. Doesn't sound so Mickey Mouse to me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There must be a few nervy UTD fans about? Seems all the decent players available are getting snapped up!

gohan

I am a FH squatter
A league that has produced a Champion's League winning team, an all-Portugese Europa League final in recent years, as well as some of the top players in world football that have more than held their own in the Premier League - Ronaldo, Nani, Ramires to name just a few. Doesn't sound so Mickey Mouse to me.
Meireles, Deco, Luiz, Carvalho and Ferreira, just to name the Chelsea boys ........

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Any decent player leaves pretty rapidly though.

He didn't say that Portugal didn't produce decent players, he said the league was shit...which it is.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Wait what?

32 + 38 = 70

Even if they had spent £80 million I highly doubt that agents fees are as much as 25%. I am sure there are signing on fees and other bonuses to take into account but it is unlikely that the transfer fees will be paid entirely upfront and the numbers quoted are likely to be the maximum transfer fee assuming number of appearances, future winnings etc.
Everyone is forgetting Marko Marin! he cost them around £10m :D quality player, looks like he will be on the bench mainly for Chelsea though :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe it's a good thing Grant Holt hasn't been called up... Capello got a lot of stick for his English and look at Holt's !

290889b78b4f47d7125b2919c230e646.png
:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom