Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Everz

FH is my second home
Ahh it seems Carrick told the FA that he wanted to either be in the first team or not to be involved at all.. that's why he didn't get picked for the squad.. bit of a prick.

When garbage like Henderson, Downing and Barry are guarantee first team, would you think 'fuck this' ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He told them that over two months ago, keep up Keitz. I think carsick is turd most of the time, but shits over those picked ahead of him.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
When garbage like Henderson, Downing and Barry are guarantee first team, would you think 'fuck this' ?
Henderson isn't guaranteed first team.. he was on standby even with Carrick not even in the squad.. Downing isn't first team either really :s

Even though Carrick was a lot better this season than previous seasons he isn't as good as Barry/Parker/Gerrard/Lampard...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Downing wouldn't get in the Scotland squad if the world was sane.

Everz

FH is my second home
Henderson isn't guaranteed first team.. he was on standby even with Carrick not even in the squad.. Downing isn't first team either really :s

Even though Carrick was a lot better this season than previous seasons he isn't as good as Barry/Parker/Gerrard/Lampard...

I dislike Carrick but can happily say he has done more this season then Barry/Headless Chicken(Parker).

Comparing Gerrard/Lampard with Carrick is a terrible one and clutching at straws. Carrick was correct to tell England to stuff it.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
You aren't saying Downing is good? He was average at best for your lot Turamber.

He was good for us, certainly under Houllier. Took him six months to get up to speed after injury in his first season and then was our best player in Houllier's season. Was a real revelation with his pace and new found ability to use his right foot.

I find his season at Liverpool as amusing as everyone else but he's undoubtedly a classy player. But then you think Barry is rubbish /shrug

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Don't disagree Keitanz.. state your reasons why you do.
I just simply disagree.. he was a bit better than average for aston villa...

He brings more to the team than assisting and scoring, he's quite good at defending too for a winger... compared to players like Nani and Walcott... (not saying Downing is better than those at attacking :p he isn't)

Everz

FH is my second home
He was good for us, certainly under Houllier. Took him six months to get up to speed after injury in his first season and then was our best player in Houllier's season. Was a real revelation with his pace and new found ability to use his right foot.

I find his season at Liverpool as amusing as everyone else but he's undoubtedly a classy player. But then you think Barry is rubbish /shrug

The horror show that was the Houllier season?

Looking good at Villa and looking good at 'Pool is a different thing. As for Barry, take the claret and blue tinted glasses off, Carrick does his job far better.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, and has had a truly woeful season at Liverpool, his form is horrific. He's forgotten how to cross.

Henderson is one for the future maybe, but again, has had a poor season.

Parker had a great first 6 months, and then a poor end.

Barry has done well, although in a very good midfield, I'm not sure what he really offers for England.

Carrick has had his best United season for 4 years, and apart from Barry is in better form than the others picked ahead of him.

I do however think Parker should be playing for the passion and never give up attitude alone.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And we've all forgotten to mention the other England midfield "what?", Milner. Another one who has been in the shadows at City and yet somehow has justified an England squad place.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
And we've all forgotten to mention the other England midfield "what?", Milner. Another one who has been in the shadows at City and yet somehow has justified an England squad place.
Yeah probably because he's so versatile, every manager loves players like him :ROFLMAO:

Everz

FH is my second home
He'd be Wolves best ever Premier League player with stats like that :D

Matt Jarvis 80 apps 13 goals 21 assists.

Over the past two seasons where we have been near the lowest scorer and much worse then Villa.

I know who'd I would prefer. ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking hell, G Nev continues to be a legend, what he said at the England press conference was spot on.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
They've fucked him about enough that I wouldn't blame him.

Bullshit. Carrick's had something like 22 caps in 10 years, parker 12 in about the same amount of time.

Do you see Parker acting all billy big boots and making demands about how he should be a first teamer? No? Becuase he's not a) a prick and b) doesn't have an overinflated sense of his own ability.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:

He fucks me right off as he's useless and slow thus serves no purpose. Andy Townsend can fuck right off with him being a utility player, he is shit in all positions.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
Fucking hell, G Nev continues to be a legend, what he said at the England press conference was spot on.

What did he say? Got a link?

ileks

Part of the furniture
Liverpool are the most represented club in the England squad. How the fuck has this happened? What happened to picking players based on their club form?

Is anyone else getting tired of the "there isn't much expectation on England this year so they might do well" stuff pundits keep saying? By saying this all the time you are adding pressure :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ahh it seems Carrick told the FA that he wanted to either be in the first team or not to be involved at all.. that's why he didn't get picked for the squad.. bit of a prick.

Not really. Him and Scholes have both been treated shamefully by various England managers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Depends what you mean by "better". He isn't the same type of player as Gerrard or Lampard, but would actually complement either (a damn sight more than they complement each other anyway), and I flat out don't agree Parker is better, and Barry is massively inconsistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom