Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
England manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed both Andy Carroll and Rob Green will start the friendly against Norway in Oslo on Saturday.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Turamber said:
Maybe your club should buy more English players then, help them play at the top level. No? Perhaps a glass of STFU sir?

Like Liverpool? Buying average English players for an inflated price sure is a great idea.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Like Liverpool? Buying average English players for an inflated price sure is a great idea.
You're sure as hell not going to get them any other way are you?...... apart from poaching them from at a young age ofc..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I heard it was on ITV, if so I won't bother watching it. cba to check the schedule.

Confirmed. Yeah it is :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Barcelona are 3-0 up against Bilbao within 25mins in the Spanish Cup Final..

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Doesnt Chelseea offer enough english players?
Terry - Cahill - Cole - Lampard - Sturridge -Betrand - Hutchinson - Turnbull - Machearan from the first team.

Marc

FH is my second home
Maybe your club should buy more English players then, help them play at the top level. No? Perhaps a glass of STFU sir?

Aston Villa first team squad 10 english
Chelsea first team squad 9 english.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Liverpool first team squad 16 English :ROFLMAO: Man Utd have 16 English too it seems.. :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Aston Villa first team squad 10 english
Chelsea first team squad 9 english.

This plus you only have to look at the amount of England internationals in our squad, but who knew Turamber would spout clueless bullshit? What a surprise!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Argument that forcing top clubs to play average English players helping the national team is so tiered. Like a plaster on a amputated arm in the long run it will do fuck all. It just shifts the blame from where it belongs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If the FA would get off their arses and do something about grass roots football there wouldn't be a problem.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Heh Newcastle have like 3 English first team players, couldn't give a toss about it either :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Only 9 years ago today.. good memories.

Attachments

• PlayOffFinal2.jpg
    PlayOffFinal2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14

Vladamir

FH is my second home
So after Hulk Chelsea supposedly go, not sure if another left footed right winger is really what we need at the moment? Unless the new manager plans on playing Sturridge through the middle next year.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Doesnt Chelseea offer enough english players?
Terry - Cahill - Cole - Lampard - Sturridge -Betrand - Hutchinson - Turnbull - Machearan from the first team.
How many games have the latter 4 played for the first team in competitive matches this season? I think only really Sturridge has broken through in recent times as I count Cahill's development as Bolton's doing. Not trying to point anything out, I'm just interested in seeing the numbers.

Oh and if Turnbull is who I think he is (keeper?) then he's gonna have it even tougher with Courtois returning (I'm assuming he hasn't been sold off?)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So after Hulk Chelsea supposedly go, not sure if another left footed right winger is really what we need at the moment? Unless Abramovich plans on playing Sturridge through the middle next year.

Fixed :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Hulk won't be cheap... 50-60m at least imo.. not sure if Chelsea will want to pay that.. would be a really good replacement for Drogba though..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think they will, if they don't spend they will struggle next season

...Been saying that for years and then they go and win the FA cup and Champions league... :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
How many games have the latter 4 played for the first team in competitive matches this season? I think only really Sturridge has broken through in recent times as I count Cahill's development as Bolton's doing. Not trying to point anything out, I'm just interested in seeing the numbers.

Oh and if Turnbull is who I think he is (keeper?) then he's gonna have it even tougher with Courtois returning (I'm assuming he hasn't been sold off?)

Bertrand played quite a lot at the end of the season, not to mention the CL final, Turnbull is a backup keeper so what can you expect, Hutchinson has just come back from an almost career-ending injury and has played a few games toward the end of the season and McEachran was sent out on loan to Swansea to get more game time, hardly our fault he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom