Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
QPR will impose further sanctions and may well sack him, so I think this is about right.

We need to keep things in perspective, players have done worse and got less.
I hope they do sack him.

As for keeping things in perspective, he did 3 offences in the space of 2 minutes, he tweeted "gloating words", he has done shit stuff in the past, ban him from playing ever again in any league governed by the FA.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
FC Nordsjælland for Cl Champions!

too bad for fck, but from a neutral pov it's kinda refreshing to see a team other than FCK
win the danish league....although I'm sure Cornz wouldnt agree ;)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
How can drogba ever be classed as a legend? He has to be one of the most unsporting players in recent times.

Sure I agree he has scored some good goals when needed, but that is just half the job of being labelled as a legend.
The biggest thing I'll remember about him is when he admitted he dived in games and the amount of rolling around on the floor he did when another player came within a foot of him. Shame really.

ileks

Part of the furniture
4256452_460s.jpg

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Can't believe we threw away the title. Not so much because of the title itself, but because of the Champions League ticket we just waved goodbye to. We've worked a decade to get it and now it's gone off to some shitty minor piss club that'll get raped regardless of who they meet. Five years ago you could buy that club for 38m Danish Kroner, last night they won 150m Danish Kroner. What a joke. Can't blame them as it was ourselves who threw it all away. So disappointed

Ormorof

FH is my second home
QPR will impose further sanctions and may well sack him, so I think this is about right.

We need to keep things in perspective, players have done worse and got less.

my problem with Barton is the constant shit for the last decade nearly, the fact that him and others in sport constantly get away with this shit pisses me off (if i tried to put out a cigar in some kids eye i would be in jail, not given a fat new contract, ditto for throwing darts at youth players Mario style)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
“At Arsenal it [the name John Terry] is another word for an ugly girl.

“If there’s a girl around that we don’t really like, we use it as a smokescreen/codename: ‘Have you seen John Terry recently?’

“He’s terrible. I recommend this, it really works!”

Szczesny :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
Arsenal's match day turnover is really impressive. Especially considering they haven't won anything for ages. I thought their wage bill was lower though. Thought it was on par with Tottenham's for some reason.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm amazed if Villa's turnover was that high for the 11/12 season. Hardly a sell out in sight and the lowest average attendance we've had for nearly ten years. It seems more likely that those figures are taken from the Annual Accounts published during last season.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Vladamir said:

I'm glad we're dropping the deadwood, although they've both been alright under Di matteo, kalou has actually done well. Not good business letting so many players go free lately, especially bosingwa who cost fuck loads. Also worried about whether well get adequate replacements to make up squad numbers.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal's match day turnover is really impressive. Especially considering they haven't won anything for ages. I thought their wage bill was lower though. Thought it was on par with Tottenham's for some reason.

They charge insane season ticket prices and get away with it. Good for the club, feel a bit sorry for the fans but they seem happy enough.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm glad we're dropping the deadwood, although they've both been alright under Di matteo, kalou has actually done well. Not good business letting so many players go free lately, especially bosingwa who cost fuck loads. Also worried about whether well get adequate replacements to make up squad numbers.

Replacements whilst staying in FFP, that is the big issue. Seems you tried to pinch Rafael from us this week too, for the right money you can have him! :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
No thanks, prefer defenders who can defend. Right back has always been an issue though. We do have some players who on the fringes who need a chance though, be interested to see Marin and de bruyne play.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

You have to pay Champions League players a bit more.

:D

soze

I am a FH squatter
That's not the 11-12 season as it has Birmingham but no Swansea that must be 10-11.

eksdee

FH is my second home
No thanks, prefer defenders who can defend. Right back has always been an issue though. We do have some players who on the fringes who need a chance though, be interested to see Marin and de bruyne play.

Wonder if we'll also see some of the FA Youth Cup winning squad get filtered into the first team also? Lucas Piazon especially looks very exciting.

It's going to be an interesting summer for sure, but I think we already have the basis for a great team next season if some of the new signings such as De Bruyne and Marin bed in and gel with the team quickly:

Cech
Cole/Bertrand - Luiz - Cahill - Iva
Ramires - Mikel
Marin - Mata - De Bruyne
Torres

If the three behind Torres play to their potential that could be an amazing lineup, then you've got the potential of signing players like Hulk, Lavezzi, Hazard - who could all fit anywhere in that three behind Torres - and it could look very tasty.

Not to mention the likes of Sturridge (if he learns to pass the ball), Piazon, Lukaku, McEachran (shame he didn't get more of a chance at Swansea).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fernando Torres scored more goals last season than Terry Connor gained points as Wolves manager.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Manager Terry and First Team Coach Lampard you mean? Trololol.

Lampard has actually impressed me in the holding midfield role, would happily see him playing alongside either of Ramires or Mikel in that lineup. Terry, meh. He'll no doubt play but I'd rather see Cahill and Luiz. They're our future. Can't see Torres leaving, especially since the press are reporting the club has assured him he'll be the main man next season. After his upturn in performances, I'm happy to see him given the chance but he needs to step up and take that chance.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Wonder if we'll also see some of the FA Youth Cup winning squad get filtered into the first team also? Lucas Piazon especially looks very exciting.

It's going to be an interesting summer for sure, but I think we already have the basis for a great team next season if some of the new signings such as De Bruyne and Marin bed in and gel with the team quickly:

Cech
Cole/Bertrand - Luiz - Cahill - Iva
Ramires - Mikel
Marin - Mata - De Bruyne
Torres

If the three behind Torres play to their potential that could be an amazing lineup, then you've got the potential of signing players like Hulk, Lavezzi, Hazard - who could all fit anywhere in that three behind Torres - and it could look very tasty.

Not to mention the likes of Sturridge (if he learns to pass the ball), Piazon, Lukaku, McEachran (shame he didn't get more of a chance at Swansea).
De Bruyne's best form came when he moved to central midfield. I'm not expecting much from Marin, he's been rubbish for a while apparently. A good winger and an actual right-back and i'd be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom