Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Tbh, other than Rooney what other 3 strikers are there to pick from? There about as shit as each other overall. Worst pool of strikers to choose from for generations.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'm guessing there will be stories about LFCplayers drinking beer and eating fried chicken during FA Cup Final appearing soon.

#Baseballjokes.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Think there's any chance he starts Jones at right back?

It's not always worked but if you go back and look Jones has put in quite a few crosses that resulted in goals from the right side for United.

Possibly. I'm not sure if I want him to.

I just can't believe he hasn't picked Richards.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Seriously though expect a hit piece on Kenny in one of the papers any day now with plenty of quotes from the owners. That's how they work with the Red Sox and I bet that's how they work here.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
"SkyBet Liverpool boss odds Martinez 13/8 Benitez 10/3 Capello 10/1 Rijkaard 10/1 Rodgers 10/1 AVB 10/1 Lambert 16/1"

Capello? hmmmmm.. yes please, lol.. won't happen though.. I don't want Martinez.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
"SkyBet Liverpool boss odds Martinez 13/8 Benitez 10/3 Capello 10/1 Rijkaard 10/1 Rodgers 10/1 AVB 10/1 Lambert 16/1"

Capello? hmmmmm.. yes please, lol.. won't happen though.. I don't want Martinez.

Like the rest of your lot you think you're too big for him?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Like the rest of your lot you think you're too big for him?
Not at all..
He has been Wigan manager for 3 seasons now and all 3 of those seasons Wigan have finished just slightly above relegation.... not saying he's a bad manager but if he was a good manager that simply would not happen 3 seasons in a row.. granted it may not all be his fault, not sure what the situation is at Wigan...

The season before he joined Wigan they finished 11th in the league.. then they went plummeting down as soon as he joined...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I don't know how they have the fuckin cheek to call the premiership football, we won the carling cup and came in eight, so they sack him , because that's not enough, it's powered by accounts and marketing men and the vestige of sport left the game many years ago.
You've got those fucking moronic Man City fans who are cheering because some billionaire Sheik bought himself a toy football team and needed a stadium for them to play, some reporter said it took 40 years to get where they are, no it didn't, it was the day 11 players from a playboys brochure turned up to pretend to be Man City, but they are so lost in the moment, they are willing to sell everything they were for a ,moment of glory.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You do all know this is England right, the relationship of the players you use has never had any affect on the results.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
544791_383597758343001_248183195217792_978514_552152933_n.jpg

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Besides the lack of a second striker, Denmark has a pretty solid team tbh. I can see us advancing from the group stage eventhough we are major underdogs! Bring on Cristiano, RVP and Mario Gomez.. We got Bendtner ;)

He's trying to get away from Sunderland and the euros is a perfect way to display himself

ileks

Part of the furniture
Besides the lack of a second striker, Denmark has a pretty solid team tbh. I can see us advancing from the group stage eventhough we are major underdogs! Bring on Cristiano, RVP and Mario Gomez.. We got Bendtner ;)

He's trying to get away from Sunderland and the euros is a perfect way to display himself

You are about 100/1 outsiders to win the tournament atm. If you can get out of your group you have a good chance imo. Might be worth a few quid :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
United have spent an average of £258,909 a day on interest repayments and bond buybacks over past nine months.

Olgaline

FH is my second home

Our chance lies in the fact that no team in that group is likely to go through with maximum points, thus 3 or 4 pts could well be enough for Denmark to go through.
I just pray pray pray that Olsen isnt stupid enough to start with Sørensen and C. Poulsen in the starting 11 line up. But realisticly ? I dont see it happening :S
and thb that group really once again just shows how broken the seeding systems are, they just do not reflect current strengths. not that group C isnt allmost as
stupid as B. And group A just looks like a sunday picnic in comparison.

Personally I have England as small outsiders for the title this year, why ? Simply because thier media and fans seemed to have lowered thier expectations.
this will imo, work in Englands favor to get through the group stage, add to that the fact that England is in one of the weakest groups, leaves them with a good chance.
And once your through, well anything can happen, just ask Greece ;)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Just imagine if we won the Euro's, the media would go batshit insane branding Hodgson a legend etc !

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Well,
you wont get a better chance of doing it than this year.
sweden arent what they used to be, same for france..and Ukraine ? well with hosts you just never know.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
My Prediction: (I shall repost this in the New Euro 12 thread as soon as Megafish makes it, as pr. tradition :p)

Group A : Rusia & Czech
Group B: Germany & Holland
Group C: Spain & Italy
Group D: England & Ukraine (Yes Ukrainem wait and see)
----------------------------
Rusia vs Holland
Czech vs Germany

Spain vs Ukraine
Italy vs England
--------------------------
England vs Germany

Spain vs Holland
-------------------------
Germany vs Spain
-------------------------
Germany

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'd cry with laughter if we got knocked out by Germany again... especially on penalties!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Germany have got be favourites. Netherlands always good up top but always lacking at the back. Spain have gone off the boil a bit since winning the world cup but there will be barca players looking to make up for a poor domestic year. Germany are solid all over and seen to find a couple of great players a year atm, and they always thrive in tournaments.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I put money on Germany to win it right after the world cup (well...a few months) they played so well, so I'll be cheering them on!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
My prediction is based on Spain toppping the group, if Italy top it instead, just switch out Spain for Italy in the line ups
as for Ukraine, will if they dont finish second and another team does, then just swap thaat team out for Ukraine, as that
teams chances will end at the same spot as Ukraine. same goes for the czech spot.

the only joker I see, that can tip it all on it's head and force me to throw that prediction in the bin would be Denmark, Portugal, Croatia or Ireland making it through as seconds in their groups.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
No wait!

here's my Actual prediction, denmark will take second place in their group and sweden will win thier group
and they'll meet in the final the game will end 2-2 and the throphy will be sawed in two :D

Nordic Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom