Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I wouldn't put it past Irealand to finish with 4 points but it's very hard to call. I think we are capable of holding Italy to a draw on our day! Jesus when I look at it again now that Group A is a bloody joke!

My Prediction:

Group A: Russian & Poland
Group B:Germany & Netherlands
Group C: Spain & Italy (I have a feeling croatia may scrap2 2nd though)
Group D: England and France.

That's about as far as I'll offer an opinion until seeing more at the tournament!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Poland ? they've been utter crap lately.
France are has beens and will struggel in a group with England and Ukraine

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
To be honest choosing second in groups A and D was tough. I just went with gut calls!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Indeed, and fair enough tbh.

And being hosts, you just never know.
it's just in the grand scheme of things, Poland havent looked good, but then again neither have Czech (so who am I to judge really ) :D

I also suspect that many underestimate Ireland tbh.
they're a strong team, and were cheated for the spot in 2010. (by France)

I think it's more a question of them having been "under the radar" for a while.
thus Italy and Spain better damned well bring thier A game or they'll be quick to loose
a spot to Ireland or Croatia

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
France wouldve smashed ireland if it wasnt for Domenech. Everyone knows the problem was the coach and france are a hugely better team without him.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
The guy won the WC and then the Euro within two years.
so seems to me he must have been doing something right.

He did however pick some old has beens like Anelka, which came back to bite him
in the ass. the new coach seems more willing to let the old ones go and focus on the
new talent. and France will be back (of that I have no dout) Just not this time! it's too
soon, but ofcause, keeping 92' and 04 in mind. I'll never, say never....

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The guy won the WC and then the Euro within two years.
so seems to me he must have been doing something right.

He did however pick some old has beens like Anelka, which came back to bite him
in the ass. the new coach seems more willing to let the old ones go and focus on the
new talent. and France will be back (of that I have no dout) Just not this time! it's too
soon, but ofcause, keeping 92' and 04 in mind. I'll never, say never....

past glories aside, the players didnt like him and didnt want to play for him at wc10 and Laurent Blanc has them looking good again.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Did anyone actually watch that France - ireland game? France were bossing it and had a clear penalty/red card denied

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
No I just like to speak about it after the fact with no idea what I'm talking about.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Dave Whelan has confirmed to The Times that #LFC have asked for permission to speak to Roberto Martinez. "It is true," Whelan said.

Everz

FH is my second home
What a shit boring England side but nothing less expected for the 'big club' centric media. Sweden weat scrape by, Ukraine humiliated and facing France doesn't bare thinking about. The fuck has Stewart 'zero assists, zero goals' Downing done to get ahead of A Johnson or even our own Jarvis who boost vastly superior stats?

Ox coming alone, lovely, another lad to sit and enjoy the bench like Walcott.

Utter shambles of a pick and yet again players have been ignored over the must haves, it's going to an enjoyable summer for group stage exits.

Everz

FH is my second home
France will lol all over us. Dismiss as you wish but Blanc has established one hell of a unit.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Chris Kamara is singing the England EURO2012 song.... they might as well hand us the trophy now !

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Apparently we're losing Danny Guthrie this summer, shame really, he's been great every time he's played for us.

soze

I am a FH squatter
SCFC said:
Swansea City can confirm that an approach from Liverpool FC to speak to manager Brendan Rodgers was officially received by club chairman Huw Jenkins this morning.
The club is pleased to confirm that Brendan has declined the current opportunity to speak to the Anfield club about the vacant position.
The Swansea manager is currently working hard to strengthen the squad in readiness for the new Barclays Premier League campaign.
The club will make no further comment at this stage.

LMAO turned down by the Swansea boss.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah the right move by him that job has a 6 month stay written all over it. But a bit humbling for Liverpool though.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Maybe it will give their deluded fans a sense of perspective.

LOL yeah right.

rynnor

Rockhound
Predictions for tomorrow? I'm thinking 1:1 after extra time then Bayern win on penalties.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
LMAO turned down by the Swansea boss.
Thank fuck for that.. he doesn't have enough experience and he would be a fucking idiot to leave Swansea, they have it really good there... can't say I don't blame him.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
2-2 after extra time, JT to miss a penalty and then eat the ball out of pure frustration. Mmm chewy!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Grant Holt has put in a transfer request..... thats Norwich down next season or very close to relegation then ..

Bit of a dick move from him really... he would still be playing in League 1 if it wasn't for Norwich....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom