Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I liked a comment on the bbc 'i have as many pl goals and assists as downing this year, when can i expect my call up?'

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I like a back line of cahill, terry, cole and a.n.other tbh, the fact that 3 of them play together every week will be a big boost imo.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Joe Hart
Glen Johnson, John Terry, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Cole
Gareth Barry, Scott Parker
Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, Ashley Young
Andy Carroll

The though of seeing this team makes me cry.
Joe Hart
Glen Johnson, John Terry, Cahill ,Ashley Cole
Gareth Barry, Scott Parker
Young, Gerrard, Downing
Andy Carroll

imo ! it'd be a bit weird playing Walcott ahead of Downing if you have Caroll up front...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Because they've linked up so well this season!

You're bafflingly, utterly biased and mental. You really are the epitome of a blinkered, shit Liverpool fan.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Because they've linked up so well this season!

You're bafflingly, utterly biased and mental. You really are the epitome of a blinkered, shit Liverpool fan.
Walcott can't cross or shoot really.. so bit retarded playing him with a target man. Be good playing him with Rooney though..

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I was slow as well. Could have reported it 20 minutes ago but waited for 'full' confirmation. #insiderknowledge

soze

I am a FH squatter
You don't have the captain in the first XI? Cahill will be ahead of Lescott I expect, Gerrard for Lampard. Otherwise that's what I'd suggest would be the First XI.
The fact that Gerrard has been abit shite this season means he should not walk in just because he is the captain. Cahill you might be right though.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Walcott can't cross or shoot really.. so bit retarded playing him with a target man. Be good playing him with Rooney though..

Talking utter shit again. His shooting accuracy is considerably higher than the Prem average. Saw a stat that proved this the other day... can't recall where.

But keep spouting your completely incorrect, ill-informed bollocks as fact, please. It's fucking funny.

Edit: Found it: Walcott shooting accuracy 59% (above PL average of 44%), Conversion rate 14% (above league avg 13%, below PL "forward" avg 16%)

You're an embarrassment: if you aren't sure of what you're saying, you're best not to say it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The fact that Gerrard has been abit shite this season means he should not walk in just because he is the captain. Cahill you might be right though.

I agree. But there is no way that the England captain is not going to be a starter.

eksdee

FH is my second home
lHPcN.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
And Downing can? I am not Theos biggest fan but between the two Theo beats him in every department since you broke Downing.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
And Downing can? I am not Theos biggest fan but between the two Theo beats him in every department since you broke Downing.
We didn't really break him, he has just lost confidence, he does put a lot of crosses in but a lot of the chances are just missed..

Every time I watch Walcott he screws up his crosses and his shots all over the place.. I always hear it from others as well who aren't biased.. maybe has has improved on his shooting this season but still playing Walcott on the wing in the same team as Carroll would just be stupid and Roy will not do that, he isn't stupid.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Liverpool have already approached a Prem League manager.

Almost certain it's Martinez.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Talking utter shit again. His shooting accuracy is considerably higher than the Prem average. Saw a stat that proved this the other day... can't recall where.

But keep spouting your completely incorrect, ill-informed bollocks as fact, please. It's fucking funny.

Edit: Found it: Walcott shooting accuracy 59% (above PL average of 44%), Conversion rate 14% (above league avg 13%, below PL "forward" avg 16%)

You're an embarrassment: if you aren't sure of what you're saying, you're best not to say it.
If you really think stats tell the fully story then look at Downing.. looking at stats he was the best natural winger in the 2010/2011 season, look what he has done since joining us....

Stats are not everything at all... no where near... the fact that only 8 of his 34 shots on target went in shows that he was either really unlucky all season or he just likes shooting right at the goalkeeper.

soze

I am a FH squatter
We didn't really break him, he has just lost confidence, he does put a lot of crosses in but a lot of the chances are just missed..

Every time I watch Walcott he screws up his crosses and his shots all over the place.. I always hear it from others as well who aren't biased.. maybe has has improved on his shooting this season but still playing Walcott on the wing in the same team as Carroll would just be stupid and Roy will not do that, he isn't stupid.
But playing him with Downing who has shown a complete inability to do anything other than run at a defender before losing the ball would be smart? Downing and Carroll have not worked together over a whole season at Liverpuddle smart money would not be on them becoming prolific during the 2 game Carroll will play

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you really think stats tell the fully story then look at Downing.. looking at stats he was the best natural winger in the 2010/2011 season, look what he has done since joining us....

Stats are not everything at all... no where near... the fact that only 8 of his 34 shots on target went in shows that he was either really unlucky all season or he just likes shooting right at the goalkeeper.

You're right. Stats aren't everything. But I wasn't using them to "tell the full story" - I was using them to rubbish your bullshit claim that his shooting accuracy is rubbish. And that stat only looks at shooting accuracy, so it's more than appropriate to use it to crush your stream of bullshit with ACTUAL FACTS.

rynnor

Rockhound
Er? Walcott's in the squad. And will be a first teamer. As he should, given how defenders are scared of him and his good goal and assist return this season.

Phew! Yeah I think hes a real threat and keeps the opposition defence busy.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Walcott can be a headless chicken at certain times but who would possible have Downing in the side ahead of him.

HOW CAN A PLAYER THAT DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE GOAL OR ASSIST BE IN THE SQUAD EVEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Walcott can be a headless chicken at certain times but who would possible have Downing in the side ahead of him.

HOW CAN A PLAYER THAT DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE GOAL OR ASSIST BE IN THE SQUAD EVEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Well Downing does have 4 assists in his last 9 England games xd

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Andy Carroll: Of the 98 English goalscorers in the Premier League this season, 85 have a better chance conversion rate than Carroll (4.5%).

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
If I was an England fan I know I'd be hoping downing didn't see a minute of football. Why would you put him there when Young cutting inside is going to open up space on the left for Cole (who I consider to be England's only "Big game player when wearing an England" shirt) to hopefully put some decent crosses in. I'd have probably taken Sturridge instead of downing personally.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Given the squad he's picked I'm hoping for something like:

Hart
Johnson, Cahill, Terry, Cole
Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Young
Defoe, Carroll?

Rooney should obviously start when he can. I'd swap Jones for Terry against Sweden and Ukraine. Gerrard is only in because he's been named captain so will probably start every game. Otherwise I'd go for Lampard since I think he's been quality especially in the Champions League.

I think Walcott will be key for us. I'd bring him on as an impact sub for when needed or start him depending on the opposition.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Think there's any chance he starts Jones at right back?

It's not always worked but if you go back and look Jones has put in quite a few crosses that resulted in goals from the right side for United.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom