Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Carroll has been quite good in the last 2-3 games, not months.
If you watched Liverpool play (tbh, who the fuck would, they have been insanely boring to watch this season).. then you would see he has been improving every game since around Mid march I think it was, not good enough yeah but it's something !

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't have taken any of the Liverpool players. Richards should have gone instead of Johnson.
What the fuck how Richards hasn't made it in beggars belief... our best right back by far.. even as a Liverpool fan I can say Johnson has been no where near his best for 2+ years...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Improving every game yet not scoring and generally being pretty useless should not earn an place in the England squad. While I know we are pretty desperate at the moment that's taking the piss.

Yet another year where its been decided by name rather than form. Farcical.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Improving every game yet not scoring and generally being pretty useless should not earn an place in the England squad. While I know we are pretty desperate at the moment that's taking the piss.

Yet another year where its been decided by name rather than form. Farcical.
Huh, Carroll brings more to a team than scoring.. same with any of that type of player.. like Heskey/Crouch etc..

It's a different type of player which is needed in every squad and England only have 3 of them.. Heskey/Crouch/Carroll.. I think Roy just wants to give Carroll a chance and tbh he'll probably only start the games where Rooney is suspended, if he does shit then it's over for him.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I really don't think England will get out of the group stages this year. France will smash us to pieces in the first game.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't think England will get out of the group stages this year. France will smash us to pieces in the first game.
France are alright but they don't have a good goalscorer but that match will be close.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The only thing he brings is longball tactics.... Yay!

He's shit at everything else.

It's a poor squad, very difficult to make a decent balanced first eleven.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah that Benzema, he's SHIT.
13 goals in 43 games... hardly a good goalscorer internationally is he? 35 goals in 51 games this season which is decent for La Liga..

He has started 5 games for France this season and come off the bench twice and scored 1 goal....

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing he brings is longball tactics.... Yay!

He's shit at everything else.

It's a poor squad, very difficult to make a decent balanced first eleven.
The only thing drogba must do is bring longball tactics too then :p very similar players

*I'm not saying Carroll is anywhere near as good at is as Drogba is lol but they are both very similar in the way they play. (well, how Carroll tries to play :()

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's not about the players! It's about the tactics the players are playing too. We've had a golden era of English players the past 12 years or so and our success has been limited due to our tactics, and lack of plans B and C.

Hodgson likes 4-4-2, so while im not happy to see Downing in there, Im hoping he's going to have his arse stuck to the white line at the side swinging balls over as early as possible for Wellbeck and Carroll. I'll judge the selection when I see how he sends them out in the upcoming friendly. I'm glad Carroll is in the squad when he's on his game and the tactics are designed to support his attributes he's unplayable. I wish half wits would stop judging the lad on a season built around Daglish not having a fucking clue how to use him.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Downing???? reallly????

surely when your picking a squad for something like this and you want wide men, you'd actually pick someone who can put a quality ball into the box for your forwards?

really disappointing selection of players. Carroll's only played 2 good games, if your going to take a target man take someone who is actually playing wellm crouch has international exp, or if your a gambling man take holt who has scored a fair few goals this season.

none of the liverpool players have shown any form recently and theres a few others in that list who are only there because of their names.

hope we get fucked over in the euros now, so some of these has-beens will actually fuck off and retire from international football

rynnor

Rockhound
Why Terry?

Edit - I think Carrol is a good choice - pick the guys in form and he clearly ended the season well.

I hate Crouch sadly - nice guy but england play shit longball crap when hes on the field.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Downing???? reallly????

surely when your picking a squad for something like this and you want wide men, you'd actually pick someone who can put a quality ball into the box for your forwards?

really disappointing selection of players. Carroll's only played 2 good games, if your going to take a target man take someone who is actually playing wellm crouch has international exp, or if your a gambling man take holt who has scored a fair few goals this season.

none of the liverpool players have shown any form recently and theres a few others in that list who are only there because of their names.

hope we get fucked over in the euros now, so some of these has-beens will actually fuck off and retire from international football

Carrol on his day cannot be played against, there aint a center half around big enough to beat him in the air. What he needs is guaranteed quality service. not Carragher lumping balls from 80 yards away straight down his throat.

Like I said I'm not happy with Downing tbh, and we should have Adam Jonhson in there as he has everything needed to make an impact.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The usual shit from most fans it seems... never happy..

#hodgsonout was trending worldwide on Twitter within 10mins after the squad was announced, disgraceful...... not every player can be picked, it's the way the cookie crumbles !

rynnor

Rockhound
I dont think its a terrible pick just not a particularly inspiring group seeing as its largely the same old names - I hope Carrol does well - he can be exciting to watch.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm just a bit disappointed that its the same old unimaginative selection of players, which seems to ignore form, whether they are actually playing week in week out at the minute or anything.

as someone on the beeb site put it:

Bobby Churcher on Twitter: "I think Hodgson used Capello's old squad and some tracing paper to choose this squad. Same old boring players."

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'm just a bit disappointed that its the same old unimaginative selection of players, which seems to ignore form, whether they are actually playing week in week out at the minute or anything.

as someone on the beeb site put it:

Bobby Churcher on Twitter: "I think Hodgson used Capello's old squad and some tracing paper to choose this squad. Same old boring players."
Then who else was he meant to pick instead of the current selection?

The only improvements based on form would be Richards instead of Johnson.. and Carrick instead of Henderson..

Maybe Adam Johnson too but he hasn't really played much this season..

Perhaps Grant Holt for Carroll but that'd be a bit weird as Holt has never even played for England.. throwing him in to the deep end just like that would be a bit insane.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
13 goals in 43 games... hardly a good goalscorer internationally is he? 35 goals in 51 games this season which is decent for La Liga..

He has started 5 games for France this season and come off the bench twice and scored 1 goal....

You are not taking into account that he plays alongside a one Cristiano Ronaldo (46 goals in the league) and a one Higuain (22 goals in the league). With this conditions, 21 goals in La Liga and 6 goals in CL, are pretty solid numbers

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Downing? Really? I think you could make some sort of argument (reguardless of it being right or wrong) for every other player but downing is just puzzling to me.

Anyways though

MON IRELAND!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Holt shouldve gone instead of Carroll if Roy wanted a big man. Purely because his confidence will be through the roof and he has shown he can score goals at the top level.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
We're all part of Trappa's army!
We're all of to.....dammint Poland why don't you have a more rhymealbe name?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Holt shouldve gone instead of Carroll if Roy wanted a big man. Purely because his confidence will be through the roof and he has shown he can score goals at the top level.
No international experience though :/

soze

I am a FH squatter
Joe Hart
Glen Johnson, John Terry, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Cole
Gareth Barry, Scott Parker
Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, Ashley Young
Andy Carroll

The though of seeing this team makes me cry.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Joe Hart
Glen Johnson, John Terry, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Cole
Gareth Barry, Scott Parker
Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, Ashley Young
Andy Carroll

The though of seeing this team makes me cry.

You don't have the captain in the first XI? Cahill will be ahead of Lescott I expect, Gerrard for Lampard. Otherwise that's what I'd suggest would be the First XI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom