Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
It seems Dalglish isn't leaving us... yet anyway..

I think the club denied it because they are currently in talks with him and they don't know yet...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
3 more points and Liverpool would be l33t, shame they got humped by Swansea! :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't think Man Utd even have that kind of money to spend without selling someone..

Reported 35-40m deal atm..

Haha reportedly he said ""you will never see me in the red of Lille again, it will be another red" what a troll.

Nah, United could go daft if they wanted to, the market value of the club and brand means they can get large amounts of credit easily enough but the Glazers know that doing so would really put the IPO in jeopardy. For that reason I don't see them spending anything in excess of £60 million and probably offloading £20 million worth of players but more importantly freeing up £300k a week or so on wages. We will go for value again this year with maybe just one top end signing, hopefully a combative midfielder in the Essien (pre-injury) mold as that type is exactly what we are missing and had we already had such a player we would have been at least 8 points better off this season. Until we put that area right we will struggle in Europe and the league will be a real battle.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The thing is that it isn't just a question of transfer price for certain clubs, the weekly wages have always been a problem for such high priced players.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The thing is that it isn't just a question of transfer price for certain clubs, the weekly wages have always been a problem for such high priced players.

And getting worse sadly. City have set the bar incredibly high, to the point where player bonuses for winning the league may well amount to tens of millions. They will be in an even bigger hole next season because the big signings want paying and they all have clauses galore to make sure that the money keeps flowing and growing. At some point reality will have to kick in for them, be it FFP or something else in that vein. One thing is for sure, the current wage boom is not sustainable, too many clubs are already deeply in the red and massively overpaying.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
cHodAX who do you think will be gone this summer and how much do you think they earn per week?

Berbatov must be on 70-100k depending if he got an increase during his time at united.

Owen is on a pay per play type of deal isn't he, so I imagine 30k for bench warming.

Evans IMO is too slow and cannot read the game well enough. I think he must be on about 50k?

Anderson is someone I like, but he is like the glass twins lol. He must be on about 60k if his wages were increased since he joined.

So if all were sold or left the club, that could free up approximately £200k in wages.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX who do you think will be gone this summer and how much do you think they earn per week?

Berbatov must be on 70-100k depending if he got an increase during his time at united.

Owen is on a pay per play type of deal isn't he, so I imagine 30k for bench warming.

Evans IMO is too slow and cannot read the game well enough. I think he must be on about 50k?

Anderson is someone I like, but he is like the glass twins lol. He must be on about 60k if his wages were increased since he joined.

So if all were sold or left the club, that could free up approximately £200k in wages.

Berba is on 120k a week. Owen is on a flat 30k+30k if he plays. Evans is a good squad player and is still young, I see no problems there, he is on 65k btw but I don't see him going. Ferdinand is more likely to be moved on because he earns so highly and has become increasingly fragile, although I expect him to be around for one more year.

Anderson is in real danger of being moved on, his wages are rumoured to have started at 65k and rising to 90k by the end of the current contract, he has hardly played for two years but even when he has played he has flattered to decieve apart from those 6-7 games alongside Cleverley. Then you have Rafa who is supposed to be earning 50k and Fabio is on around 20k but with bonuses for first team games.

Darren Fletcher is on 70k or so, Park is earning in that region as well. Both will likely be moved off the books.

So, my reckonings for those that may well be leaving are...

Anderson 65k-90k
Berba 120k
Fletcher 70k
Park 70k
Owen 30k

That is why I stated 300k but it is potentially 400k if they are all moved on. My numbers come from alot of sources but have been stored in memory for a while so maybe a little bit off due to vodka consumption. ;)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I thought people were raving about Evans during parts of this season?

Anderson's yet to prove anything still, after a lot of money. He can't have too long left.

What's going on with Park?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I thought people were raving about Evans during parts of this season?

Anderson's yet to prove anything still, after a lot of money. He can't have too long left.

What's going on with Park?

Evans was exceptional at times, towards the end though he cost us 8 points with a lack of concentration, it happens with young defenders and United fans just need to live with it for a while.

Anderson is a fat lazy bastard who can't be bothered anymore, you don't turn up for pre-season almost two stone overweight for the second year in a row. Having earned £20 million or so in wages plus endorsements he really isn't that interested in pushing himself to be world class anymore. Tragic waste of talent, could have been one of the top 5 attacking midflielders in the world if he had really pushed himself.

Park's engine has gone, it is that simple really. The regular injuries and downtime have eaten away at his once epic stamina levels, 30 minutes of intense play and he is totally fucked, worse than Giggs because at least he can keep possession and make plays without insane amounts of groundwork but Park was always about the engine, without it he just doesn't contribute enough. United are ready to move him on and bring Tunnicliffe through as a replacement, coming off the bench for a season or two when we require some workrate and steel.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is possible that United will only buy one striker or maybe none at all despite losing Berba and Owen, Will Keane is going to get a chance next season and will be 4th or 5th choice. By not bringing in another striker and going with youth it frees up alot of cash and wages to invest in the midfield which is where we are really struggling at times.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Local bookmakers making Mick McCarthy the favourite for the job. Lerner wouldn't be that stupid twice in two years though... would he?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Local bookmakers making Mick McCarthy the favourite for the job. Lerner wouldn't be that stupid twice in two years though... would he?

Lerner is without. Don't expect anything other than mediocrity.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I left fetcher off my list as I did not know where he is at in terms of recovery. I think they will keep him a while longer unless he's out for all of next season.

Totally forgot about park. Yeah he will be sold or released for all the reasons you said

I think that leaves a big chunk in terms of wage allocation. Welbeck as much as I don't rate him will no doubt get an increase.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Reports from United fans who have seen Fletcher in the last month suggest that he still looks very thin and pale, he was always skinny but if United still don't have an idea if he will return then it is very much in the wind. Just hope he doesn't do a Hargreaves and sit on a longterm deal but knowing that he will never properly recover. I am all for honouring contracts but not multi-year deals where the person is completely unable to work. No other business operates that way and neither should football, he will be insured and should claim against that rather than keep taking substantial wages out of the fans pockets.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Baha's opinions of wellbeck and Evans defies belief, they are young, they will make mistakes.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Baha's opinions of wellbeck and Evans defies belief, they are young, they will make mistakes.

Same goes for Jones, he had a horror show the second half of the season but we saw enough in the begining to know he has what it takes. Once we get Vida back and in charge I expect to see the defence get it's shit together again.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Evans is young but he has been in and around the first time long enough now to be a consistent performer surely? Should be 4th choice and you dont pay 4th choice centre backs 60k a week.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Evans is young but he has been in and around the first time long enough now to be a consistent performer surely? Should be 4th choice and you dont pay 4th choice centre backs 60k a week.

That is the issue really, he is one of those players who needs to be playing regularly to maintain acceptable form but at the same time if you play him every week he has the occasional concentration lapse, I put that down to age though. As for 60k a week for 4th choice, you will find that all Chelsea and City both pay in that region and more for that type of player, everyone else is having to play catchup on and the wage inflation is just going to get worse. Very ordinary players earning 80k and beyond, it is not good for the game and the fans are being fleeced.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I though I read that fletcher had dropped a massive chunk of his wages while he is out but Utd are still footing the medical bill.

Also Rio been offered a new deal at 40% of his current wages or something similar

Olgaline

FH is my second home
What do people want to do regarding next seasons thread, post euros or what?

Me thinks we should have a euro thread - then a 12/13 thread....
also I need a place to laugh and make fun of England, after Dk's 3 games going home with 0 pts. and a 1-14 scoreline :/

Holland - Germany - Portugal : switch Portugal for Spain and it would be about as bad as it could ever get.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
this is what i think og Ch3tans idea:
party-fails-woah-eww.jpg

We dont want this used thread, we want a fresh new shiny Euro thread!
Come CL final this thread is over and done with.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
/shrug

Makes more sense to keep it all in one place, otherwise we might as well have a thread for every competition including the Olympics.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aoln makes new thread at end of Olympics. Any false pretenders will be ridiculed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom