Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
On the Barton thing, he automatically receives a 4 game ban for the 2nd red of the season. He is then being charged with two separate acts of violent conduct which could be another 3 games each.

I very much hope he is also charged with bringing the game into disrepute and fined and given another couple of games out. Then QPR should also fine him internally for bringing the club into disrepute.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'll post this again then.

"Alex Ferguson says Man City have bought the title. Cost of starting City team = £161m. Cost of starting United team = £169m. #MCFC#MUFC"

Figures please. And also can you price the benches up and the 25 man squad to? Figure also does not take into account wages and bonus payments does it?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Figures please. And also can you price the benches up and the 25 man squad to? Figure also does not take into account wages and bonus payments does it?
Nah ofc it doesn't, I was simply copy pasting a tweet from Sky Sports News. :p I have no doubt City's overall squad cost is waaaaay above United's.

Corran

Part of the furniture

didnt you know, man city players are monkeys that get paid in peanuts and they only have a 11man team and only those 11 players were used the whole season :p

Anyways was a shame to lose it right at the death like that, but we shouldnt been that close anyways. City should have kept miles ahead to begin with, then we should have also.
Crazy season but that is that. Just got England left to disappoint us during the Euro's and back to the league which i still do not think we in a position to win for a couple years without getting depth in the squad again

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'm expecting (and hoping for) an adjustment period somewhat like when Chelsea first got going. It is so important for Fergie to stay long enough to see another team built though because if he left today United would possibly go the way of liverpool IMO.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well, my day wasn't too nice. Had to go into the city centre this afternoon, took the train in and there were quite a few City fans on, most were decent folk behaving themselves and looking forward to thier parade. Fair play.

Sadly there was a pair of knobheads, drinking cans of lager and walking the entire length of the train asking people 'Red or Blue'. Alot of people were intimidated and said they didn't support either, a few said blue and then they got to me. When they asked me I just ignored them, they started getting loud and asked me was I a 'bitter red'. Stupidly I bit and told them that I was a red but no bitterness, I wasn't walking the length of the train harrassing and intimidating people, they had a monopoly on bitterness for that train. They were fucking livid that I gave some banter back, one of them got in my face and so I stood up expecting a hiding from the pair of them but fortunately an old bloke close by piped up, then a woman and her son. It made them think twice fortunately, so they stood right infront of me singing City songs for a minute, the ticket guy came walking down and asked them to sit down and leave people alone or get off the train. As you can imagine they weren't happy, they had been drinking for hours and now some bloke in a uniform was putting them in thier place, one of the dirty bastards spat right in his face and told him to fuck off. They both jumped off at the next station but not before abusing half the train and soaking half of us in lager. What a pair of cunts.

The other City fans on the train had been lively before it all started and had sang a few songs, afterwards when it all calmed down a few of them came over to check we were okay and apologised for those twats. When we all got out at Piccadilly Station quite a few more came, this one really rough looking fucker came over with some friends actually offered to have my jacket dry cleaned he was so upset that fellow City fans had acted so badly. That was really nice to see and I refused but told him I hoped the parade went well and that they deserved it. They liked that and I had no problem saying, I was just glad to be off that fucking train and away from pissed up idiots.

In all honesty I was a pretty shocked, really had expected to be on the end of a beating and should have kept my mouth shut but I couldn't stomach them intimidating people, nor was I going to deny being a red even though it was fucking stupid. Spoke to my mum just after I got off the train and she went nuts, begged me to get the train back immediately and when I didn't she got my brother, sister and nephew all to ring me. Lovely afternoon constantly nagged to return home but I had tickets booked to see a show and was having dinner with friends so no way was I cancelling.

Luckily all the other City fans in the city centre were pretty well behaved, pissed and singing but not hassling those who were obviously on thier way home from work and not City fans. Fair play to them, it's been 44 years and so they deserve to enjoy it, I just hope they have to wait another 44 years before it happens again! :D ;) :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just had a Shire Balti Chicken pie for the first time, really nice and actually decent sized peices of proper chicken in there. Impressed! No wonder 60 football clubs stock them!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
What do people want to do regarding next seasons thread, post euros or what?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Ooooh.... I'm in two minds about him though.. I don't think it'll matter much if he stays or goes.. unless we can get someone like AVB in which would be really nice.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Keitanz said:
Ooooh.... I'm in two minds about him though.. I don't think it'll matter much if he stays or goes.. unless we can get someone like AVB in which would be really nice.

Think the Liverpool job is a poison chalice tbh; too many unrealistic expectations.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
was saying this yestoday, we're not know for chopping and changing manager like city/chelsea/spurs and newcastle. but we have had 3 managers in 3 years now and looking to go 4 in 4... pathetic, no one will want to touch it as they haveno time to build they team they want, everyone want instant results which is just unrealistic and pointless

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
What do city even want with Hazard> Are they just going to buy players now so that other clubs can't have them?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
What do city even want with Hazard> Are they just going to buy players now so that other clubs can't have them?
Hahaha, amazing :D

He did say a few years ago though that he wants to play football and not sit on the bench so I don't think he'll sign for them unless no other club come in... he deffo looks like he's off this summer though.

soze

I am a FH squatter
They bought Nasri to stop him going to Utd so it would not be surprising.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
DALGLISH STEPS DOWN
As8VdfZCQAAAZy0.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fulham: The only team in Europe's top 5 leagues that did not receive a single red card in league games this season.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
PREMIER LEAGUE PTS 1992-93 to 2011-12
1 Man Utd 1663
2 Arsenal 1449
3 Chelsea 1402
4 Liverpool 1334
5 Aston Villa 1089
6 Spurs 1086
7 Everton 1034
8 Newcastle 1017
9 Blackburn 969
10 Man City 784

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Hahaha, amazing :D

He did say a few years ago though that he wants to play football and not sit on the bench so I don't think he'll sign for them unless no other club come in... he deffo looks like he's off this summer though.
well he has been quoted as saying something along the lines of "I'm going to manchester". Probably city though :/

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think Man Utd even have that kind of money to spend without selling someone..

Reported 35-40m deal atm..

Haha reportedly he said ""you will never see me in the red of Lille again, it will be another red" what a troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom