Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not completely against that new Utd strip... it's like... tartan, right? For SAF's 25th year or something... yeah?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What does Kean have over the owners? Any normal club would've binned him months ago, surely? Apart from Wolves, who would probably leave it 'til February/March time.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Heard a rumor he has some stake in the club, which I can't believe personally ..
The owners have been absent throughout the campaign .. they have no clue about football, to the level of not knowing they could be relegated.
Steve Kean phones them up at the weekend and probably makes it sound like they are playing well, and they are too thick / stupid to realize the club is a disaster.

The FA should do something about it tbh, it's taken a club with a great history down to this level, and facing administration .. it's not just about playing football anymore :|

soze

I am a FH squatter
If he has no relegation clause in his nice long contract it will more than likely cost them a fair few quid to sack him, then you add the money to hire a replacement and he might be keeping his job due to finances? I know that is not great if your a fan but could explain things.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm not completely against that new Utd strip... it's like... tartan, right? For SAF's 25th year or something... yeah?

it's horrible - *edit* I live in hope its not the real deal; on the Facebook page its called the 2012/13 Gingham Collection ("Gingham" - FFS), so it might not be the strip.

Last edited:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah if that is the real kit I feel happier about ours which is meant to remind you of the RAF symbol and let everyone know we are ready for battle!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Mind you they can play in hessian sacks for all I care so long as they buy a couple of top drawer central midfielders this summer.

- English -

Resident Freddy
If he has no relegation clause in his nice long contract it will more than likely cost them a fair few quid to sack him, then you add the money to hire a replacement and he might be keeping his job due to finances? I know that is not great if your a fan but could explain things.

Well thats probably the reason, he will be on an decent salary. I can imagine he was behind the scheme to get rid of Big Sam and after he took a cut in salary (still being decent I imagine). The question is why? so much hate, so much abuse .. wouldn't you feel like leaving after a year of this? I sure would

soze

I am a FH squatter
Well thats probably the reason, he will be on an decent salary. I can imagine he was behind the scheme to get rid of Big Sam and after he took a cut in salary (still being decent I imagine). The question is why? so much hate, so much abuse .. wouldn't you feel like leaving after a year of this? I sure would
Yes but if he quits he gets nothing if the board get rid he gets a nice big golden handshake, he might just be holding on for the pay day.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He will be waiting for a nice big payout for getting fired, not something the owners accounted for in their asset stripping venture.

I reckon a decent proportion of the squad will be handing in transfer requests pretty soon, there are still some semi decent players there, they would do well to go to the likes of QPR, West Ham, Norwich etc.

Everz

FH is my second home
Heard a rumor he has some stake in the club, which I can't believe personally ..
The owners have been absent throughout the campaign .. they have no clue about football, to the level of not knowing they could be relegated.
Steve Kean phones them up at the weekend and probably makes it sound like they are playing well, and they are too thick / stupid to realize the club is a disaster.

The FA should do something about it tbh, it's taken a club with a great history down to this level, and facing administration .. it's not just about playing football anymore :|

Jerome Anderson. ;)

The man is a corrupt fuck and a bud of Keans.. no coincidence that his son was signed up soon after Kean came manager. Feel sorry for your lot, as you are royally fucked.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's fucking horrible, again I repeat, they need to remake this classic....

1362b.jpg

Modern version of that, red for home and white for away makes James a very happy man!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i love the new kit announcement season, every year there is an article with "Worst kit designs ever" and this one usually is near the top:

hullcitytigerprint.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's fucking horrible, again I repeat, they need to remake this classic....

Modern version of that, red for home and white for away makes James a very happy man!

I for some reason I buy every new Arsenal shirt yet i still wear the same two Toffs shirts all time. 1970's football shirts ftw :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Best united kits are the all black strip from the early 90s and the blue and white stripes with all the players names printed into it

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
ManUtd-2001-02-reversible-400.jpg

Is the favourite one that I have, lovely and comfortable to wear.

Best united kits are the all black strip from the early 90s and the blue and white stripes with all the players names printed into it

manchester_united_1998-1999-third.gif
or
manchester_united_1993-1995-change.gif
?

The blue/white one you mentioned was uncomforable, I hardly ever wear that anymore.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Attachments

• manchester_united_1993-1995-change.gif
    manchester_united_1993-1995-change.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 10
  • manchester_united_1998-1999-third.gif
    manchester_united_1998-1999-third.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ManUtd-2001-02-reversible-400.jpg
    ManUtd-2001-02-reversible-400.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 9

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the middle one looks more apt to me, then you'd have 12 referees on the field playing for man utd :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom