Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Like this.

However, I don't see much difference between the spanish league and the premier league. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer...

...I see it as about preparing the sport for a global league. That is all.

unfortunately, can't really argue with that statement.

barca/real in the spanish league does seem to be the greatest disparity to the othe european leagues, but you can see others sliding the same way..

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Looks like teams still try and play with the "they don't like it up 'em" hacking style against us, and we've only played Stoke once this season so far!:

Arsenal have seen more opposition players (7) sent off than any other team in the Premier League & more opponents booked (78). (via @Orbinho)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Honest question to people of that school of thought:

Who exactly does "like it up em"?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No-one, but for some reason certain teams (normally the shit ones) think it's an acceptable "tactic."

It's not a tactic, it's risk-based cheating.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Arsenal have seen more opposition players sent off than any other team in the Premier League & more opponents booked

It's because you're being coached by a sissy frenchman who'd cry if a baby slapped him - and it transmits to your players :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Doubt it will ever be needed in a Liverpool match anyway, think you're safe for now.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
unfortunately, can't really argue with that statement.

barca/real in the spanish league does seem to be the greatest disparity to the othe european leagues, but you can see others sliding the same way..

There is a huge difference between the Spanish league and the premier league. Television income is shared in the premier league where as in the Spanish league it is every club for themselves:
http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/.../1cf28c129dffd210VgnVCM2000001b56f00aRCRD.htm

Just being in the premier league makes you a very wealthy club. There are 4 (or if you are a Liverpool fan 5) clubs that can realistically win the league next year and even the bottom clubs are competitive.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
iirc every club in the EPL gets more money than any team outside of La Liga's top 3 or 4. Barcelona and Real have something like a 23%-27% of the TV income split whereas United command about 8% of EPL TV revenue.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Tony Pulis' tactics board for the Arsenal match later, Delap can be seen top left:

ArhYP4GCQAApbXa.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Owen-Hargreaves1.png

4 games all season and about to be released, I am sure he will blame United for that as well.

“I’m going to blow people away,” Hargreaves said days before a medical with the blues. “I’m coming back believing I can return to the level I was at before. My body feels great and my knees are perfect. I’ve just got this huge chip on my shoulder because I’ve been out for three years and people think I’m dead and buried. I can understand why. I can see why people would be sceptical. But, right now, I’d like to think I can play 40 games this season and with the right care I believe I can train every day. I hope to be back in the England side for the European Championship next summer.”

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Massive weekend for the premiership. I think I need to place some bets!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fuck, Disco Benny and Larsson out (with shoulder injury and hernia respectively) and I missed the bloody FF cut-off again. :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I bottled it somewhat, only placed one bet. Norwich to beat lollerpool 2.1

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
At the city ground for forest's last game of the season. Lot of portsmouth fans have made the journey even thogh theyre already down.

Everz

FH is my second home
At the city ground for forest's last game of the season. Lot of portsmouth fans have made the journey even thogh theyre already down.

Probably won't have a club next season is why heh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Anyone else have that feeling that City are going to win on Monday? :(

georgie

FH is my second home
Looks like Cardiff want to do this the hard way again. o_O

Palace beating us 1-0 atm. Which means is 'boro were to get 3 points against Watford and we stay losing then we would miss out of playoffs again.

Lordy lordy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom