Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Can't see Pep and Chelsea being a good fit, but that wouldn't stop Abramovich obviously. Can't see him going to Italy, so unless he's already got a deal in place somewhere I don't get why he'd leave.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Maybe take a couple of years off and then the Spanish national team?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
More likely for Pep: 1-2 seasons out, then join Arsenal when Wenger's contract is up.

I'd give that a crack tbh.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I was thinking Arsenal, but it's not a particularly Arsenal appointment.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I do love the way people expect an 18-21 year olds to walk into Barcas team and immediately be world beaters.

Age has nothing to do with it.
and yes, it's fair to expect world class quality from a player in the starting line up of one of the best teams..."que JC" .....in the world!

If they arent good enough, they should go to a lesser club to toughen up and gain some experience.

same story for RM, Man.U, BM, etc

Olgaline

FH is my second home
/sigh

Barcelona starting lineup vs Chelsea Champions League 2012:- Valdes, Dani Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Sanchez, Fabregas

Barcelona starting lineup vs Real Madrid 2012:- Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquets, Xavi, Thiago, Tello, Iniesta, Messi

Barcelona starting lineup vs Chelsea 2012:- Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Cuenca, Messi, Sanchez, Fabregas.

Yes they are!
nothing odd in players being taken in and out of lineups, but saying they dont belong in the
the core team is silly! they do and thus it fair to expect top quality from them, aka be just as good as the player they are replacing, otherwise they have no place in a team of that calibure.

Everz

FH is my second home
What a fucking game this is!

1-1 from a sweet hit by Van Wolfswinkel then two minutes later 2-1 Bilbao. Amazing watch.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Told a friend of mine to put ~£100 on Llorente to score the winning goal. Said it just for the fun of it, but after the match he sent me a text saying he'd buy me a pint lol

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Llorente is a fucking beast. Scored the winner and had two amazing assists tonight

Everz

FH is my second home
Llorente is a fucking beast. Scored the winner and had two amazing assists tonight

The setup for the 2nd goal was amazing.

It'd be a great shame if this Bilbao team pulled apart, they have the potential to go qualify for the CL.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Brava can ducj a ducj you fucker bitch! Man utd are best ducjing where the ducj stop ducj cunt iphone

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
photo.php

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Stolen from repmanc...

There are stomachs knotted all over Manchester. Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur too. Whether Stockport or Stockholm bred, bitter blue or #mufcfamily red, there are whole swaths of people around the world feeling an uneasy mixture of hope and fear. It’s because there’s a football match on next Monday that matters quite a lot to them. It really shouldn’t matter this much. Usually it’s quite easy(ish) to be philosophical about football. You can’t win them all, it’s only a game, etc, etc. But this time it’s different. Because this time the joy of winning is counter-balanced by the potential catastrofuck of losing. A bit like a ravenous midget at the butchers, it’s as if the stakes are just too high to bear.

Winning the league at the expense of your most bitter of rivals would be sweeter than Katherine Jenkins fashioned from candyfloss and coated by hundreds and thousands (behave). But losing, it’s just…aaarrgh. It would be insufferable. It would be literally impossible to suffer (student meaning of the word ‘literal’ there). Especially for those of us who have the misfortune to share classrooms, workplaces and favourite tweed retailers with that other lot. How bloody exciting though.

Isn’t it fucking ace to feel such heightened emotions. Isn’t it special to have a thing or occasion in your life that matters so much. Of course it makes you feel a bit sick, or a lot sick even. It because it’s fucking visceral, man. It grabs you by the lapels like Eric Morecambe and shakes you awake. It’s the kind of thing that reminds you that you’re still properly alive and able to feel such feelings, when work and bills and work would have you slowly die. So cherish this week. Cherish the hysteria that’s welling up inside you. Love it, love the crap out of it. Because some people never feel this. They just don’t. It’s great to be invested in something that makes you feel physically ill for caring. And it may sound dramatic, but you might not experience something like this ever again. So be glad it’s happening.

The love of a football club is like any other love. It really isn’t a victory march. But you’ve got to be all in and be prepared to have your heart broken and smashed to bits, otherwise it’s no love at all. Enjoy the anticipation, and the potential beauty of what could be. Even if it could turn out shit. Because it’s what we endure all the hours of blandness for. Stuff that truly matters.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
They are replacing Pep directly with the assistant Tito? it seems like a permanent move as well... you don't see many clubs replace managers with assistant managers!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Obviously saw how the mighty Di matteo crushed pep and followed suit ;)

Is it confirmed permanent replacement or interim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom