Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
18% possession :D

If Barcelona tried a few more forward passes instead of being so defensive they'd probably manage a few more goals.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
OptaJoe on Twitter: "20 - Years since Barça last failed to win after being 2 goals ahead at the Nou Camp in the Champions League (2-3 vs CSKA Nov 92). Crumble."

That stat.. they've lost three in a row now. Only Bilbao stand in the way of a trophyless season.

They didn't lose tonight. They drew. :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Players on a yellow card for Bayern/Madrid:
Bayern
David Alaba
Badstuber
Boateng
Luis Gustavo
Lahm
Muller
Kroos

Madrid:
Ramos
Higuain
Xabi Alonso
Coentrao

Everz

FH is my second home
Players on a yellow card for Bayern/Madrid:
Bayern
David Alaba
Badstuber
Boateng
Luis Gustavo
Lahm
Muller
Kroos

Madrid:
Ramos
Higuain
Xabi Alonso
Coentrao

Xabi would be the only loss for Real.

Bayerns is worrying, thats most of their first XI.

Everz

FH is my second home
Felt the same after last day last season.

Ended up watching the highights over and over again :p.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Football lost tonight.
I would have loved to see a Barca vs BM Final :S
Heres to Bayern taking the trophy!

Long live Egil Drillo Olsen!
drillo-300x212.jpg

Chelzki and Real M should rase a statue in his honor, to celebrate his football philosophy

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Football lost?

Watching Barcelona is like watching paint dry.

They hade it c(u)mming. Even the commentator(s) on Dutch tv where horrible. Build up to a climax everytime a Barca player touched a ball and reached a climax when Messi got it. Fking annoying. Happy they are out. Happy for Chelsea aswell.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Happy for them now but if we get 4th in the league and then those bastards win the trophy, im gong to come on here amd throw my toys out the pram big-style

Everz

FH is my second home
They hade it c(u)mming. Even the commentator(s) on Dutch tv where horrible. Build up to a climax everytime a Barca player touched a ball and reached a climax when Messi got it. Fking annoying. Happy they are out. Happy for Chelsea aswell.

It's horrible to watch them, the same as Swansea.. so boring.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Football lost?

Yes!

Watching Barcelona is like watching paint dry.

and who's fault was that ? placing 11 people in your own penalty box and wait for the odd contra ?
what would you have Barca do ? yes it's annoying to watch them pass the ball around when they're ahead.
but you dont bloody ever see them defend with 11 people in thier own penalty box for 85 minutes.

it's sad pitiful and disgraceful! and I'm not even a Barcalona fan :S
I hate their arrogance, and driving attitudes, but having watched the last three games, I was rooting for them, both vs Chelski and vs Real due to the latters tactics.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Disagree. They play mesmerising football when they are in full flow, which they haven't been in either of these 2 legs (or against RM).

Olgaline

FH is my second home
They can do, but it can also be boring as hell as a neutral observer.
and I guess thats why it annoys me to watch them dive about etc..for the simple reason that they (do not need to)
it's redundant, and silly.

and again, it's kinda hard to get any flow, if the opposition puts 11 men in thier own penalty box.

but at the end off the day, imho, they didnt capitalize on the chances they had, and thus tbh
only have themselves to blame. it's just from a personal pov I hate to see ultra defensive strategies pay off ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes!

and who's fault was that ? placing 11 people in your own penalty box and wait for the odd contra ?
what would you have Barca do ? yes it's annoying to watch them pass the ball around when they're ahead.
but you dont bloody ever see them defend with 11 people in thier own penalty box for 85 minutes.

I hate their arrogance, and driving attitudes, but having watched the last three games, I was rooting for them, both vs Chelski and vs Real due to the latters tactics.

By doing so they showed Barcelona's complete lack of depth. They play one way only, utterly incapable of adapting. Chelsea were the better team because they completely blunted Barcelona and hit them on the break, knowing that the defence is dogshit. It wouldn't surprise me if more teams did that against them now.

Guardiola has shown what a poor manager he actually is.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yes!

If you are (claiming to be) that good, you should score (lot's) and win. Ajax has shown that in '95/96. Barca has shown it before aswell. Ref was more then pro in both matches. You need to win before you reach the final. Barca has lost 1 - 0 and drawn 2 - 2 at home. It's as simple as that. You can be a pretty boy all your life, but that doesnt mean you'll get the best girl that's out there.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
That's the attitude that pisses me off most about Barcelona and their praise singers. What would you have other teams do? Nobody can out style them so ofcourse they should just loosen up and take a good rogering.

Everz

FH is my second home
By doing so they showed Barcelona's complete lack of depth. They play one way only, utterly incapable of adapting. Chelsea were the better team because they completely blunted Barcelona and hit them on the break, knowing that the defence is dogshit. It wouldn't surprise me if more teams did that against them now.

Guardiola has shown what a poor manager he actually is.

I remember how much i got shot down for suggesting Pep was a poor manager...

Olgaline

FH is my second home
That's the attitude that pisses me off most about Barcelona and their praise singers. What would you have other teams do? Nobody can out style them so ofcourse they should just loosen up and take a good rogering.

There's a middle ground between 11 players in your own penalty box and completely loosening up...
Arsenal beet them not so long ago doing just that, hell even FC København managed a 1-1 result without having to place all 11 players in their own box.

and there's a difference between praising barca and disliking their opponents tactics.
aka I'm no fan of Barce but I'm even less of a fan of Chelski.

Raven: Hell no! Chelski were lucky beyond reason! how many shots off the post total for both matches ? 8-9 times ?
thats just unbeliveable bad luck.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Did what was needed to win, had we done what you wanted we wouldnt have gone through, like Arsenal who "beat" them. Why attack and open up space for Barcelona to exploit when we don't need to, especially when we've got 10 men and Bosingwa at centreback. Our tactics were spot on, as the game wore on you could see how they were running out of ideas and their passing slowed. Hitting the post just means you need to be more accurate, especially when taking a penalty.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's a game of goals, Chelsea scored 3 and so they deserved to go through. Possession is a meaningless stat if you don't score enough goals. Grats to Chelsea, good luck for the final, I hope Ronaldo rapes you if Madrid qualify! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Olga is platini in disguise. Football can be played in many ways despite what xavi would have you think. Barca are unable to deal with a team that doesn't try and play like them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The fact is Barca weren't smart enough to stop trying to be fancy or dribbling the ball in to our net, they would of been much better to just keep taking shots since with so many players in the box there is a real good chance of a bad deflection but then that isn't exactly pretty football.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Riiiight, because Real have proved to be such a defensive side this season (F: 109, A:30). You aren't half talking rubbish. Believe it or not, the objective of football is to win, sometimes you win pretty, sometimes you win ugly. Barcelona's problem is they can't accept the second option as equally valid to the first. They have no Plan 'B'. Chelsea played good football, using the same tactics as Inter two years ago, because that's how you beat Barca. End of story,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom