Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Because its a stupid rule, created to pacify Liverpool. Qualification should be through the league and the league only. It's not butter, good luck if you win. But you are then stealing a massive accomplishment from another team.

I kind of have to agree with Ch3t, I think most fans and even quite a few teams/players think its a shit rule. You can effectively fail massively in the league, come 6th or below and still qualify for the champs league if you win. It make qualification a bit of a joke. That's not bitterness at all, look at it from a non biased POV and you'll probably find you agree.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And Villa 3 points off the drop.. what a perfect night.. now please god.. relegate Villa with us :D!
Bolton with a game in hand. Fingers crossed, if only to see Turamber's reaction

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Because its a stupid rule, created to pacify Liverpool. Qualification should be through the league and the league only. It's not butter, good luck if you win. But you are then stealing a massive accomplishment from another team.

And a whole lot of money, and the opportunity to sign a high quality player!!!! I completely agree with you it's a shit rule!!!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
wont be hard with Terry, Ivan and Rarmires out i dont think, maybe Luiz and Cahill too :O

still nfi what ramires and ivanovic were booked for

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bullshit you still have to win the champions league! That's not exactly easy

Everz

FH is my second home
Bolton with a game in hand. Fingers crossed, if only to see Turamber's reaction

Villa would be screwed if they dropped down.. but my god it would be beyond amazing to see 'the biy boys' drop down. Singing 'Have you won the European Cup' to Stevenage won't be so entertaining.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Villa would be screwed if they dropped down.. but my god it would be beyond amazing to see 'the biy boys' drop down. Singing 'Have you won the European Cup' to Stevenage won't be so entertaining.

I would lol so hard at Darren bent too.

Calaen

Barca lose one game and Hoddle is giving Guardiola tips on management HAHAHAH only on SKY!!!

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Bullshit you still have to win the champions league! That's not exactly easy

You've clearly missed the point of the Champions League. The top teams from each league should contest it each year. If you are good in the league for the whole year you get your shot at winning it. There shouldn't be a back door entry to it. It's called the Champions League because its a contest for League Champions and runners up.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I kind of have to agree with Ch3t, I think most fans and even quite a few teams/players think its a shit rule. You can effectively fail massively in the league, come 6th or below and still qualify for the champs league if you win. It make qualification a bit of a joke. That's not bitterness at all, look at it from a non biased POV and you'll probably find you agree.
Both are valid arguments imo, a team should obviously be able to defend their trophy though. Had we gone out against Napoli i think we'd be top 4 anyway tbh

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
he was actually good when not in possession

Which would be 99% of the match. That tackle he made was a smart one, not even sure he deserved a yellow. Dutch commentators even said he hade Messi on a lockdown. Which perhaps goes a bit far but still he played decently and smart. Unlike Lampard and Terry.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
ArRjenYCEAQm-Z9.jpg:large

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

I disagree. It was brought in because nobody before had considered the possibility of a team winning the champions league and not finishing in the qualifying positions in their own league. The winner of the Champions league should have the right to defend that title the next year. The fact that it happened to Liverpool first is just a coincidence, but it does go some way to indicate the strength of the premier league in that teams outside the top 4 can be challenging for the league.

What I think should really happen is that an extra place is awarded to that league if a team not in the top 4 wins the champions league but UEFA didn't want that.

Having said that, Chelski will probably lose 4 - 0 in the final so its all moot.

Calaen

terry getting sent off was the turning point, he was slow as fuck getting out on the first goal :p

He's still denying it as well what a twat!!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Texting on phone with weak 3G signal ftl :(

@ raven no, I agreed with your champions league comments.

@sydrik? I believe a team should be able to defend their title. However if they fail to qualify by normal means, they should go in right at the very start of the tournament.

And fuck the little teams, when have they ever gone on to get into the group stages, then get to a semi final or even final etc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Which would be 99% of the match. That tackle he made was a smart one, not even sure he deserved a yellow. Dutch commentators even said he hade Messi on a lockdown. Which perhaps goes a bit far but still he played decently and smart. Unlike Lampard and Terry.
Lampard had a brilliant game.

Calaen

Texting on phone with weak 3G signal ftl :(

@ raven no, I agreed with your champions league comments.

@sydrik? I believe a team should be able to defend their title. However if they fail to qualify by normal means, they should go in right at the very start of the tournament.

And fuck the little teams, when have they ever gone on to get into the group stages, then get to a semi final or even final etc.

Agree, the winners if they fail to qualify should be put in the first round of qualifiers instead!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom