Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Some people on here clearly didn't watch the game, or had a very shoddy stream.

Everz

FH is my second home
For 'Villa for the Drop' crew.

There next trip is away to Albion.. and I'm going to be cheering the Albion on for it. Anyone else following this great development.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Ill elaborate Chat. He walked through a Barca player when he (the Barca player) was on the ground (that time 2nd halve we got a bit of a brawl) and his left leg made a nice swing from behind (classical tackle). Although I'm not sure it was actually Lampard that did that. Correct me if I'm wrong. In any case it was a tackle on the halve of Barca.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You are tuthumes, cesc fouled him, and then grabbed him, tit for tat, nothing for the ref to do anything about. The only bit worth a card in al, that was messi for his push.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Fair enough Chat, but in any case it's (tit for tat) not beeing smart.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Thought fat Frank had a smashing game, even kept his cool when the Barca bitches were ragging him about at one point.

Everz

FH is my second home
Two ex-Pool players scoring the effective 'winners' tonight. We need a drool smiley.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ramires from right back for the goal was stunning! No suprise Hoddle doesnt rate him bellend!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To play like that, ride your luck and get a result thanks to a much-maligned ex-LFC striker deserves credit. Well done Bolton! #bbcfootball

megadave

I am a FH squatter
0422-961820086932.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You've clearly missed the point of the Champions League. The top teams from each league should contest it each year. If you are good in the league for the whole year you get your shot at winning it. There shouldn't be a back door entry to it. It's called the Champions League because its a contest for League Champions and runners up.

Since only about a quarter of the teams in the "Champions" League are usually actually..y'know, champions, your semantics are clearly bullshit. The Champions League is whatever teams from Europe UEFA feel like letting in. The whole selection process for how many teams from which countries go is based on dodgy coefficients anyway.

Having five English teams doesn't really fly either because it messes up the 1st round numbers. Its unfortunate for fans of the 4th place team that gets dropped but its not exactly a common occurrence. NB. Do the dropped team get any financial compensation?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, they just go into the uefa cup instead, I don't know if that is an extra place or gets taken away from 5th...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
We're going down, and deservedly so. We have been awful all season, no ambition, no ideas. The rot started with the owner appointing the very worst manager for the job, a manager who is now on target for his third relegation from the Premier League in 3 1/2 seasons of managing in it. A truly remarkable statistic.

If relegation forces Lerner to sell up it could be a good thing for the club. We need a thorough make over from bootroom to boardroom, he has no idea how to run a football club.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What next for shreeves? School assemblies for 5year olds, informing them Santa doesn't exist?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Geoff Shreeves should be strung up for that, fucking gutted for Ivan and Ray :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
However I can't fucking wait for Xavi to get his moan on in the media tomorrow, petulant cunt :D

Everz

FH is my second home
We're going down, and deservedly so. We have been awful all season, no ambition, no ideas. The rot started with the owner appointing the very worst manager for the job, a manager who is now on target for his third relegation from the Premier League in 3 1/2 seasons of managing in it. A truly remarkable statistic.

If relegation forces Lerner to sell up it could be a good thing for the club. We need a thorough make over from bootroom to boardroom, he has no idea how to run a football club.

Who would buy you? Your debt isn't far behind Blues and they're fucked if they don't make a swift return this season, your squad is the worst Villa side I have ever seen.

I truly hope you come down as you won't be shooting back up anytime soon.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That was pretty heartless, he could have delivered it so much better or even sensed the player didn't know and just left it alone.

Everz

FH is my second home
OptaJoe on Twitter: "20 - Years since Barça last failed to win after being 2 goals ahead at the Nou Camp in the Champions League (2-3 vs CSKA Nov 92). Crumble."

That stat.. they've lost three in a row now. Only Bilbao stand in the way of a trophyless season.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im afraid my neighbours think im a Chelsea fan now :(

Now I hope Bayern will dominate them in the Final :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Everz said:
Who would buy you? Your debt isn't far behind Blues and they're fucked if they don't make a swift return this season, your squad is the worst Villa side I have ever seen.

I truly hope you come down as you won't be shooting back up anytime soon.

Debt? It's all owed to the owner. He will just have to take what he can get and piss off.

As for the squad ... It's easily better than Norwich and Swansea and they got promoted okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom