Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Chelsea was in thye position to qualify for 120/180 mins about and was level for about 58, meaning Barca was only actually winning for about 2/180 mins lol . So considering Chelsea didnt actually need to attack more why would they risk it?. They had 4 shots on target and scored 3 so if the Barca fans want to be mad at anything why not start with the fact your players need 32843985943656348756348756734658734 shots to score 2 goals :)
P.S Hitting woodwork isnt unlucky its either bad accuracy or down to GK/DEF deflecting it away. Messi shot yesterday was going in until Cech saved it and deflected it away, it hit post after his deflection.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He would have also saved it if it had been accurate.

Not so much the penalty but that was a terribly taken penalty anyway.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Maybe bitter but I was happy to see him fail, the Messi love has become ridiculous beyond all reason, even to the point where Pele has chipped in and the media luvvies have tried to make him look like a bitter old man. Messi is a brilliant player, no doubt about it but some of the accolades being tossed around are extremely premature despite all he has achieved so far. It is sad really, the press hype machine has turned alot of people against Barcelona just because we are sick of hearing the same old record.

eksdee

FH is my second home
It's also incredibly boring watching a team playing keep ball. Commentators often admonish teams when their midfielders play 'safe' balls back to defenders or just across the midfield line, why do we celebrate Barcelona doing the same thing except outside the opposition box?

Couldn't agree more with David Pleat's article here about Barcelona's tactics - they simply don't have a plan b: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/25/plan-b-barcelona-chelsea

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Just read that last year Iniesta had his yellow card rescinded (for dissent) meaning he could play in the champion's league final, hope for Ramires and Ivanovic?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Just read that last year Iniesta had his yellow card rescinded (for dissent) meaning he could play in the champion's league final, hope for Ramires and Ivanovic?
actually think that was copa del ray or smt :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
They hade it c(u)mming. Even the commentator(s) on Dutch tv where horrible. Build up to a climax everytime a Barca player touched a ball and reached a climax when Messi got it. Fking annoying. Happy they are out. Happy for Chelsea aswell.

Bit like Gary Neville then? Except he reached a climax when Torres put the ball in the net.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Must admit, I've always found the two yellows thing a bit harsh in the CL. Not so much in the group stages, but unless you're red carded in the semi-final because you're a fucking meat headed scumbag, I think everything should be reset for the final. That way the punters get to see the best XIs playing each other and you don't get people missing the most important night of their lives because of a whistle-happy ref (at least two of the Chelsea second yellows for instance).

eksdee

FH is my second home
Couldn't agree more. It's stupidly arbitrary, even more so in today's game where you get a yellow card for looking at someone the wrong way. Especially vs. Uefa's darlings.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yep. Guess we'll need to start playing a different team in the league so we can get people match fit, Essien for example :d

Wonder what the chances of Luiz and Cahill being fit are?

If they are I guess it will look something like

-------------Cech-------------
Bosi---Cahill-Luiz---Cole
--------Mikel-Lamps---------
Kalol------Mata-----Studge
------Drogba/Torres--------

Marc

FH is my second home
It's also incredibly boring watching a team playing keep ball. Commentators often admonish teams when their midfielders play 'safe' balls back to defenders or just across the midfield line, why do we celebrate Barcelona doing the same thing except outside the opposition box?

Couldn't agree more with David Pleat's article here about Barcelona's tactics - they simply don't have a plan b: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/25/plan-b-barcelona-chelsea

We created enough chances over 2 legs to go through comfortably so plan A worked, in a sense. The problem we have and its only a very minor problem as you cant win everything, all the time, is that we dont have the players for a plan B. We have one way, that works 99% of the time. Keep possession, make your opposition lose concentration, pull the players out of formation and then strike. The post mortem on the barca forums is that we are tired, our players need a rest blah blah. I dont agree. We had the chances to go through but over 2 legs, chelsea showed the determination required and went through. It happens and no complaints from me.

That said, congratulations Chelsea and I hope they win against who ever they play in the final.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Couldn't agree more. It's stupidly arbitrary, even more so in today's game where you get a yellow card for looking at someone the wrong way. Especially vs. Uefa's darlings.

Not at all. You're just bitter that you're basically going to have to play your reserves because you rack a disciprin.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Sooner play our reserves in the final than go out in the round of 16. :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Good luck in losing the final and not seeing Champions League at all next season, eh? :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
If you'd offered me this position at the start of the year, I'd have taken it tbfh.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Must admit, I've always found the two yellows thing a bit harsh in the CL. Not so much in the group stages, but unless you're red carded in the semi-final because you're a fucking meat headed scumbag, I think everything should be reset for the final. That way the punters get to see the best XIs playing each other and you don't get people missing the most important night of their lives because of a whistle-happy ref (at least two of the Chelsea second yellows for instance).

It's not two yellows anymore, they changed it to 3 some years back for that reason.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Be nice if everything was reset except deserved red cards for retards for finals ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fabrigas whining that Barca were better. If they were better they would have won. Merc cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom