Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A cup win is a cup win! no matter which cup it is! it is silverware :) any team in the Prem would take winning it over not winning it.. it's just the only team good enough were Liverpool ;)

:D

Cup is a cup, dead right. Would always happily take a Carling Cup, love to win the FA cup.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He has some nice sponsorship deals going. Same way they pick the England squad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
AOC shouldn't be nominated either. Had a few good games and moments but hasn't played enough to warrant the nomination.

RvP and Aguero to win, anything else is utterly, utterly false. Kompany and Dempsey missing out is shit, they should be there ahead of Rooney and Parker.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
PFA Player of the Year shortlist: Joe Hart, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Scott Parker.
PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist: Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kyle Walker, Sergio Aguero and Gareth Bale

Do they just automatically include Rooney every year regardless of how he's played then? Joe Hart hasn't even been the league's best goalie, i'd much rather have Sir Chesney myself. Scott Parker, boy how the English can be overrated. And David Silva.. been poor all this calender year. Oh well, if RVP doesn't win it'll be silly. Goes to show the lack of consistent individual talent in the league at the moment.

Aguero should cruise the young player award although at 23 I don't think anyone considers him a young player.

Any glaring omissions? For us you could argue a case for Mata but i'm not bothered

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17725771

Very suprised Mata isn't in there and Scholes too, his passing rate has been utterly phenomenal the last few months and our points to games ratio is insane since he returned.

Aguero is young player imo, RVP for the main award.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Voting is done in March so Scholes would have played ~2-3 months worth? Not worthy IMO due to the time frame. Mata has been good but not a patch on Dempsey.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I was going to mention Dempsey, Ba aswell. Also I like Allen from Swansea for young player.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not meant as bait but has Welbeck been that good? My cousin is a armchair United fan and thinks he has been a bit crap this season? Surprised the Ox is there he is a great talent but has played in 13 games so its hard to say he could be a seasons best player.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Wellbeck has had s good first full season for united, a little inconsistent but worthy of being in the list. I cant believe Dempsey is not on the short list. But Scott parker is tsk tsk.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I don't rate Welbeck. If he played for Bolton or Fulham, no one would mention him.
40 Appearances and 11 goals. That's a goal every 4 games.....at Man Utd! That is awful! Why oh why is Hernandez not starting ahead of him? I can understand Berbatov as we're selling him.

1) He has 0 close ball control. He only recovers from this due to his long legs and pace.

2) He times his runs terribly! He also changes direction constantly as he tries to trick the defender...however the person trying to pass the ball has no clue where he's going, so when he plays it into the intelligent area of the field, Welbeck is not there.

3) Technique is random. Sometimes he scores great goals, other times he looks handicapped lol

He does have good link up play with Rooney and attempts one two's, however the above means he fucks it up!

When you look at the young players at other top clubs, I don't think he compares.

eksdee

FH is my second home
heh, wasn't it the Chelsea flag wavers that came out 5-10 minutes after the second half kicked off? :p

Didn't say ours were any better. :D

Like a lot of clubs, the only times it's fun being a Chelsea fan is when you're away. The atmosphere at the Bridge is pretty bad most of the time.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Premier League fixture computer really needs to stop drawing us to play Wigan at the end of the season. Fucking de ja vu. At least we look to be in the ascendency now, may it continue.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Why can't Gary Neville commentate on every match? They should re-arrange the matches around him lol

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wigan are fucking great at the moment, they are really fighting thier hearts out to stay up.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Should send the odd long ball up though imo, arsenal look susceptible to it. Really annoys me how they have benayoun to call on while we have an empty foreign spot in the squad, poor from AVB that.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Walcott has been at his best tonight trolololol

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Bahumat said:
Why can't Gary Neville commentate on every match? They should re-arrange the matches around him lol

How about hiring competent pundits based on their analytical ability rather than if they're a house-hold name ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Wigan are playing some lovely football, but fuck me are they time wasters haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom