Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who cares? We ruined Spurs or as ITV said, it was a drobbing :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
haha now that looks like a goal, and there is the FA's argument for no video replays. ITV ect all said it was a goal at first until that one Camera angle so there is every chance video replays would have screwed the Chavs out of a goal.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hell of a week coming up for Real Madrid. Bayern Munich midweek, Barcelona at the weekend and then Bayern again midweek. Fingers crossed for at least 6 more Ronaldo goals! :D 57 goals in all competitions so far, that doesn't include his international goals!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's not fair really :(

Messi has 63 goals and 25 assists this season for Barcelona, hopefully he wont get any more ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
tech_red_playstation.jpg

Sony to launch Red Playstation 3 in honour of Liverpools Carling Cup win!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's not fair really :(

Messi has 63 goals and 25 assists this season for Barcelona, hopefully he wont get any more ;)

Well, I would say, the two best players in the world in an utterly shit league, what do you expect? Then I remember Athletico Bilbao and I don't know what the fuck to think anymore.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
59 - Robin van Persie has scored or assisted 59 goals in his last 50 Premier League appearances. Master.

DaGaffer

So, Nicolas Gaitan in exchange for Fabio Da Silva (loan) and Macheda (perm) for 20m. Good bit of business I reckon, but I hope its not the only midfield buy for United this summer. Another deeper-lying player would be nice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
hello FA invest in video technology already.

Yeah, so the really interesting and funny stuff that happens in football can NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

I'm guessing everyone is still sore about that beach-ball scoring against Liverpool eh? Must really hurt you guys.

Or is it the Hand Of God? Are we still sore about that or do we think it's a great part of footballing history that our sport would be much poorer without?

/waits for some cunt to say something along the line of "bad decisions could cost the clubs millions, or a place in teh champions leagzor" or some such shite, because said cunt is too dumb to realise that money is ruining the game...

Edit: Looking forward to Chelski in teh FA cup :)

DaGaffer

That's a pretty poor reason not to invest in goal line tech Scouse, so we can have future miscarriages of justice to moan about. NB. Both examples you've described wouldn't have been affected by goal line tech, which is the only kind of video technology anyone has mooted for football.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
What, winning the Carling Cup? No, not really.
A cup win is a cup win! no matter which cup it is! it is silverware :) any team in the Prem would take winning it over not winning it.. it's just the only team good enough were Liverpool ;)

:D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
A cup win is a cup win! no matter which cup it is! it is silverware :) any team in the Prem would take winning it over not winning it.. it's just the only team good enough were Liverpool ;)

:D

Not if it means scraping past a Championship team on penalties at the expense of missing Champions League. No team would make that swap.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Not if it means scraping past a Championship team on penalties at the expense of missing Champions League. No team would make that swap.
How was it at expense of missing the Champions League?

If we win the FA cup (we most likely won't) then this will be regarded as our best season since the champions league win in 2005 probably...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You threw everything at the cup competitions trying to win them. Yo haven't shown anywhere near the same desire for the league as you have done the cups this season.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
You threw everything at the cup competitions trying to win them. Yo haven't shown anywhere near the same desire for the league as you have done the cups this season.
Around December it seemed that we were really not going to get in to the Champions League, so I guess the players got disheartened by that and just didn't bother playing as well as they should in the league.. but the cups were there to be won..

Our best hope was to finish 6th while still concentrating a lot on the prem, instead I guess the club decided to focus more on the cups and win some silverware after many seasons without any... makes sense..

Not to mention the mass amount of shit which has happened this season.. quite a lot of decisions against us / the suarez incident / best player getting injured for 6 months of the season / hitting the woodwork about 30 times...

eksdee

FH is my second home
Suarez racially abusing another player was definitely unlucky/injustice (delete as appropriate). Amirite?

Shit club, shit fans, proven day after day by you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's a pretty poor reason not to invest in goal line tech Scouse, so we can have future miscarriages of justice to moan about. NB. Both examples you've described wouldn't have been affected by goal line tech, which is the only kind of video technology anyone has mooted for football.

Firstly, the quote said "video tec".

Secondly, your argument is massively incorrect, naive and RUBBISH :)

Shit club, shit fans, proven day after day by you.

At least we're a big club so we've got enough fans to fill a stadium.

Oh, and we're clever enough to be able to read our watches - so we can come out before the second half starts...

:p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
PFA Player of the Year shortlist: Joe Hart, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Scott Parker.
PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist: Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kyle Walker, Sergio Aguero and Gareth Bale

Do they just automatically include Rooney every year regardless of how he's played then? Joe Hart hasn't even been the league's best goalie, i'd much rather have Sir Chesney myself. Scott Parker, boy how the English can be overrated. And David Silva.. been poor all this calender year. Oh well, if RVP doesn't win it'll be silly. Goes to show the lack of consistent individual talent in the league at the moment.

Aguero should cruise the young player award although at 23 I don't think anyone considers him a young player.

Any glaring omissions? For us you could argue a case for Mata but i'm not bothered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom