Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I agree with chet tbh, id sooner be where we are now, pushing for what could possibly be a miraculous 3rd place finish than in the position Liverpool are in with a cup in the bag and a semi coming up, yet currently 8th in the league 4 points behind their local rivals (i shudder at the thought of us finishing below the mackems) and possibly looking at a finish (at worst) of 10th or 11th

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Id rather finish 4th than win the FA cup, intact i would be pleased if we played a youth team or didn't bother playing at all tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Guys, trolling Turamber on here is one thing, but trolling him on the bbc live feed? That's low ;)

James, from Fife, via text: "McLeish has proven himself at every team he's managed. Give him another season to come good, this has been the oddest EPL season I can remember."
Sam, Villa fan from London: "Fans seem to be blaming McLeish for all our problems and our constant drawing. This was our problem under O'Neill as well! Has no one considered that the team simply isn't good enough?"

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If birmingham keep beating west ham we can get promoted next weekend :D . Would rather the weekend after though as im working this.coming weekend.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Ramires all start, hurr durr wheres the width Roberto :(

OH YES KALOU, not :(

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Ch3tan said:
West Ham bottling it worst that Shitty.

I would say their changes if auto promotion are pretty much done now, 3 points behind and a game down... and even then play offs are a total gamble.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Taken from Redcafe, photoshop Bale the amazing performing monkey!

VUC3c.png

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/photoshop-bale-351509/

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I would say their changes if auto promotion are pretty much done now, 3 points behind and a game down... and even then play offs are a total gamble.

If we beat Reading on friday and they win on sat they are right back in the hunt.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Some very quick feet from Frei this game. Looks like he could be an exciting player.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
No Newcastle would certainly not be talking about winning the mickey mouse cup over finishing 6th or 5th. That marks a fantastic financial return, and pride for the fans considering the doom and gloom predictions at the start of the season. Spuds would be upset to finish outside the top 4, however if you think they be happier in 7th or 8th you are deluded. Same with Arsenal. Chelski are still in the champs league and the fa cup and I doub't their fans would be happy with them being 7th and no where near the challenge for 4th.

In short, stop deluding yourself.
Is there really that much more financial gain between 5th and 7th though? I don't really care where Liverpool finish now tbh as long as it's above Everton. For sure if we get in the FA Cup final (we probably won't..) and finish 7th then that would not be bad at all. I'd rather that then finish 5th/6th having won nothing.

However if we finish below Everton I'd be extremely pissed off.

Laughed at calling it the mickey mouse cup btw, Ferguson would still like to win it.. so would all the teams.... it's silverware after all!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not sure there was much contact there TBH Murphy was stupid to jump in though.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Roberto seems to love Kalou in place of Sturridge, what is this I don't even.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Would be £2m in league places plus Money from the Europa league. Plus some sponsors have penalties if you are not in Europe as it is less exposure for them. Also the extra match revenue from the extra games. So could be a tasty sum all told.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally we did better than I thought we would, I thought we would loose.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
We're so poor towards the end of games, Barcelona are really going to have their way with us ;)

When will torres be dropped for sturridge? He was dire again today

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Was the standard get a goal then sit on it for the remainder of the game. It's all but over, fail to win at Arsenal will seal it.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Torres was shit because Kalou Meireles and Ramires were providing the service for him :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Even when he runs on to a ball in space he just falls over

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bye bye CL 2012-2013, good luck getting the best players in now. :p :D ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom