Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
bBgrB.jpg

Best seller for sure!

Embattle

FH is my second home
We're so poor towards the end of games, Barcelona are really going to have their way with us ;)

When will torres be dropped for sturridge? He was dire again today

Sturridge hasn't been that good lately.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Spot on, Chelsea are getting screwed to keep Liverpool happy. Funny how they won't play on the day of Hillsborough but they will play on the day of Heysel. No one else is allowed to dictate fixtures, why have Liverpool been allowed to do it? Yes it was horrific and should always be remembered but isn't it better to do it with a minutes silence before a match? It was football fans that died after all.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I think I'm in love with Ben Arfa, could see us being even higher if he hadn't been injured early on and Pardew actually played him more often.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And if Spurs hadn't royally screwed the pooch in the last month we'd be in second, a few points adrift of Utd. What was your point again?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
In March we got 3 points from 5 games.
In February we got 1 point from 2 games.
In January we got 4 points from 4 games.

8 points from 11 games.... (0.7 points per game)

Now..
In December we got 11 points from 6 games.
In November we got 5 points from 3 games.
In October we got 8 points from 4 games.

24 points from 13 games... (1.8 points per game)

Was bound to happen after Lucas got his injury, he really was the gel in our team :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
And if Spurs hadn't royally screwed the pooch in the last month we'd be in second, a few points adrift of Utd. What was your point again?
What even happened to spurs?? an injury to a key player? or the redknapp england bullshit?

I don't think you'd be 2nd though actually.. probably 3rd... didn't realise you have done so bad against the big teams this season. Spurs are still missing a top quality goalscorer, as soon as they get that they will be insanely good.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well I don't think the england bullshit can be blamed because right after everyone started talking about it we pasted Newcastle. Then it went to shit.

Gray

FH is my second home
Pienaar. Please stay next season!

Good goal from Anichebe too.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They have 3 league titles in the last decade, you don't do that without a fuckload of good purchases. How many do Liverpool have?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
They have 3 league titles in the last decade, you don't do that without a fuckload of good purchases. How many do Liverpool have?
We're not talking about team success though, talking about individual players... not having a go at Chelsea but Shev and Torres were big unsuccessful purchases spaced out over 5 ish years..:confused:

Liverpool made some amazing purchases when Rafa Benitez was manager, but he just filled the gaps in with some utter shit sadly... probably due to lack of funds cause he splurged it all on the good players.:confused:

It was only three seasons ago that we finished quite close to winning the Prem..:confused:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The vast amounts of trash that Houllier, Benitez and Dogleash brought in far outweight Chelsea's failures. There is a list somewhere and it is horrific reading.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The vast amounts of trash that Houllier, Benitez and Dogleash brought in far outweight Chelsea's failures. There is a list somewhere and it is horrific reading.

Sure some terrible signings have been made (Robbie Keane/Aquiliani) but Mascherano/Reina/Torres/Lucas/Agger/Alonso made up for it more than enough in Benitez's reign anyway..

I can't think of any amazing signings that Chelsea made for a reasonable fee off the top of my head.. :confused: but I guess that's what our problem is :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Lucas makes up for it? Lol. Also alonso and masch didn't want to be there or we're handled badly. Torres gave you one and half good years. Now list all the average players signed, especially by rafa.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sure some terrible signings have been made (Robbie Keane/Aquiliani) but Mascherano/Reina/Torres/Lucas/Agger/Alonso made up for it more than enough in Benitez's reign anyway..

I can't think of any amazing signings that Chelsea made for a reasonable fee off the top of my head.. :confused: but I guess that's what our problem is :D

Don't make me find the list of 40+ signings that failed.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
And were equal or incredibly close to the amount Chelsea spent on much better quality? :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was it a penalty for Norwich? I am not watching it.

Yes, should have been. if your referring to the Adebuyme barge in the area. Two good pen claims for Norwich. They totally deserved the win.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Lucas makes up for it? Lol. Also alonso and masch didn't want to be there or we're handled badly. Torres gave you one and half good years. Now list all the average players signed, especially by rafa.
Yea Lucas was our best player last season and was our best player in the first half of this season... he's still underrated by many but finally the media started praising him at the start of this season..

Alonso was with us for 5 years, he only left cause of that fiasco with Benitez and Barry :( and Mascherano left because Alonso left imo, plus the chance was there for him to play for Barcelona..

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Don't make me find the list of 40+ signings that failed.
I looked at the list of signings by Benitez last night, there were not really that many over the 5m mark... Riera/Dossena/Aquiliani/Keane maybe, but we pretty much made our money back on all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom