Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

gohan

I am a FH squatter
I looked at the list of signings by Benitez last night, there were not really that many over the 5m mark... Riera/Dossena/Aquiliani/Keane maybe, but we pretty much made our money back on all of them.
I liked Riera, was one of the only players we had that could cross, Dossena was a joke, Keane was a power play and Aquilani should be recalled from loan as he is better than pretty much our whole midfield, same with Joe Cole...... its all the other shit signing tho that completly flopped, Morientes, Crouch ,Sissoko, Nunez, Gonzales, Josemi, Pennant, Bable, Voronin, Degen, Poulson. We may have made some money back on a few of them, but mainly lost money, + wages + signing fees + agent fees. and the fact that you have players coming in and out constantly is disruptive..... Liverpools transfers have been a joke for about 10 years tbh

I don't look foward to the transfer windows now, I dread them ....

soze

I am a FH squatter
Aquilani is 2 or 3 games away from costing you an extra £5m or something silly. He was playing really well in Pre Season but then just stopped playing, the Liverpool fan in the office said it was because of this clause and as he was not happy in England it was not worth spending the money.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I looked at the list of signings by Benitez last night, there were not really that many over the 5m mark... Riera/Dossena/Aquiliani/Keane maybe, but we pretty much made our money back on all of them.

The sheer volume of trash is obscene, don't hide behind the £5 million number, he brought in dozens of crap players who made zero impact.

Everz

FH is my second home
Albion lower their ST prices by 15% despite being in the Prem
Wolves freeze theirs and are contempting and increase on match day despite being in the Chump

Honestly envy how well run and in touch there fan base the Albion board are. Consistently miles behind them.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That 15% drop is afforded by the increase in TV money, Wolves know they aren't going to have the full amount next season but want to hang on to the players so they need to maximise revenue, without it they have no chance of bouncing right back up.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I liked Riera, was one of the only players we had that could cross, Dossena was a joke, Keane was a power play and Aquilani should be recalled from loan as he is better than pretty much our whole midfield, same with Joe Cole...... its all the other shit signing tho that completly flopped, Morientes, Crouch ,Sissoko, Nunez, Gonzales, Josemi, Pennant, Bable, Voronin, Degen, Poulson. We may have made some money back on a few of them, but mainly lost money, + wages + signing fees + agent fees. and the fact that you have players coming in and out constantly is disruptive..... Liverpools transfers have been a joke for about 10 years tbh

I don't look foward to the transfer windows now, I dread them ....

I'm sorry but you can't include Crouch on that list at all. He scored goals for Liverpool at a decent rate, but was constantly dropped the week afetr scoring to fit into benitezs rotation plans. He scored 47 goals in 98 appearances over the 3 seasons he was at liverpool that is a good fucking return for somone who was used as little as he was.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
22 goals in 42 appearances for England, averaging a 1 in 2 for Liverpool in years gone by and on the international stage ain't a bad return.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The FA are a fucking JOKE.

Balotelli is going to get away with his attack on Song. Referee claims he saw it and that it wasn't a foul in his report.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
S'only fair that Ivan gets off for his jab on Maloney at the weekend then

:D

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The sheer volume of trash is obscene, don't hide behind the £5 million number, he brought in dozens of crap players who made zero impact.
I'm not refuting that.. just saying we did make a few very good signings along with all the shit..... but I'd rather we went the way Chelsea did and bought proven players in for a high fee and then done well in the league for sure.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

Balotelli is going to get away with his attack on Song. Referee claims he saw it and that it wasn't a foul in his report.
And it seems they are not overturning Derry's red card? lol, bullshit.

soze

I am a FH squatter

Must of happened about 15 yards away from the 4th official and he did not think it was worth mentioning at the time or in his report either?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's the ref then (for the Balotelli one), not the FA. They can't do anything if the ref says he saw it, can they?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
Sam, Villa fan from London: "Fans seem to be blaming McLeish for all our problems and our constant drawing. This was our problem under O'Neill as well! Has no one considered that the team simply isn't good enough?"

That happened in O'Neill's first season when he managed a squad that was favourite for relegation with Petrov his only signing. McLeish has players like Bent, Agbonlahor and NZogbia and is content to score one and then kick the ball away for the rest of the match. Useless.

But then you also have the owner. Took a struggling team under a rubbish manager and spent millions to create a struggling team under a rubbish manager.

Everz

FH is my second home
That 15% drop is afforded by the increase in TV money, Wolves know they aren't going to have the full amount next season but want to hang on to the players so they need to maximise revenue, without it they have no chance of bouncing right back up.

Will only be 12k ST if the refunds and early birds are anything to go by. Good luck trying to fill the other 19k up unless we are playing good football and at the business end of the league. We have no need to worry about hanging on as if the player wants to go then we will sell them on. Unlike every other club that has gone down we are going down with no financial constraints and every players contract has a relegation wage drop clause built in. I'd be hoping that the likes of Fletch, Jarvis and Kightly will give us until January but I shall not begrudge them a move. O'Hara, Johnson, Elokobi, Doyle, Hammill, Milijas and co I hope/expect to be shown the door, with our most promising youngsters like Gorman, McAlinden and Zele given a chance.. McAlinden especially, he looks like he will be an amazing player.

We don't need to bounce back straight away, good football, youth coming through and an exciting manager will be enough. This is Wolves though, so it'll be a load of old cobblers on huge wages with Big Sam at the helm.. if thats the case.. uggh.

The bonus is Wolves has a very large casual fanbase, alot come out the woodwork when thing are going well, think we are the 10th most supported team in the UK.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That's the ref then (for the Balotelli one), not the FA. They can't do anything if the ref says he saw it, can they?

They can if they abandon their farcical policies. Even Italy has retrospectively banned people for diving, but over here we can't do anything, ever. It's an utter disgrace that this kind of stuff goes unpunished. All it does is send the message that it's fine to do: if you get away with it you'll get off completely free.

Why is it so hard for the FA to accept that sometimes referees are wrong. When it's clearly the case that in their report they write one thing, and every single bit of evidence completely contradicts that - why do we ignore evidence in favour of a witness? Imagine a world where the legal courts were ruled by the same beurocracy...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Its fucking disgusting mate and they upheld the red against Derry as well, vile.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't get it at all, clearly everyone from Mario to his manager, to everyone who saw it thought it was a dangerous foul and worth a red.

The Derry one is even worse.

Gray

FH is my second home
That's so shit, turned on the local radio to listen to the Liverpool match and just before kickoff (Maybe even earlier) it said "Sorry, we can't broadcast this match live due to copyright restrictions"

Pfffft.

Also seen in the news earlier... Police want to charge football clubs if trouble occurs away from the football ground (Would have linked elsewhere but couldn't see it on BBC site after watching it on the news ;)).

Think that's a bit too far that, how can you determine who is a fan and who is going to cause trouble if they don't hold a match ticket? Anyone could throw on a football shirt and go smashup some shops and somehow the football club would be indirectly responsible for their actions and thus have to pay??

Gray

FH is my second home
Noob moment, i was using internet radio using TuneIn, but seems the actual radio still works.

Gray

FH is my second home
AAAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't have got to see that moment if it wasn't for Ch3t

FINALS INCOMING

Wow Yakubu you moron.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lol. Interesting game this is turning out to be :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom