Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Everz

FH is my second home
That said.. how can supporting United even be fun? Your expected to win everything.

Any United fan care to explain, this isn't a dig, as I'm generally curious as too what joy it brings.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Madrid near enough playing out a draw with Valenicia, how big was their lead before it evaporated to what looks like 4 points?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That said.. how can supporting United even be fun? Your expected to win everything.

Any United fan care to explain, this isn't a dig, as I'm generally curious as too what joy it brings.

Born into it when we were in real trouble and spent the first half of my life not even competing for everything nevermind winning. Knowing the lows I can fully enjoy the highs.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hmm more blind linesmen, think the respect campaign is always going to run in to trouble if such decisions keep happening.

Everz

FH is my second home
Born into it when we were in real trouble and spent the first half of my life not even competing for everything nevermind winning. Knowing the lows I can fully enjoy the highs.

Ahh that makes sense for you, I can't see why people enjoy the consistent winning though when you are expected too, maybe the CL holds the fun for them though?

Greed League sucks. :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter

I think I'd get bored being a Man U fan, expecting to win every match and pretty much doing so, don't see the excitement in that at all.
Heh not the only one to think this today.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
On the whole winners bandwagon subject, Dubai locals are a hilarious lot. Over past 10 years here the locals and Leb's all supported Man Utd and Real Madrid. Now all you see is Barcelona. Even saw a Ferrari over the weekend with a huge Barca emblem on the bonnet. pictures of it found via Google below.

ferrari-458-italia-barca.jpg

fc-barcelona-ferrari-458-italia-in-dubai_1.jpg

Sacrilege defacing a beautiful machine like that!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It reminds me of a banner that was up at the Arsenal, City game yesterday, which read "You can't buy class"

soze

I am a FH squatter
Unless you mean Shity, I which case I will go back to bed for an hour or two.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Turamber will have to say something positive about his team at this rate...

Watched the game from here in Turkey. Liverpool were all at sea whenever we attacked, yet McLeish had us defending with 11 men behind the ball as soon as we went 1 up. Great result considering the number of kids we had playing but, once again, the managers lack of ambition and inept tactics are there to see.

Edit: Watched the City game last night too, Mancini will be gone at the end of the season. Has been utterly useless at the business end of the season.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bet he wished he'd stayed on his feet now with Barca breathing down their necks :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

My first visit to OT was with my cousin, Boxing Day 1974 (I was eight) against West Brom. We won. But we were also in the second division. So apart from the odd FA Cup, the next fifteen years wasn't exactly overflowing with silverware. Fortunately for me I was living back in Manchester when it all started to click again. So yes, its fun watching United win stuff. Can you imagine how satisfying it was to be a United fan when we equalled Liverpool's title count? Then beat it?

I just wish we could do the business in Europe more regularly. Liverpool still have two titles on us.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
From the place that gave the world Boddingtons! Piss with cream in it!

Bods used to be great 25 years ago, fucking awful stuff now. Not been right since they moved from the old brewery at Strangeways. Looking at wiki it seems they now pasturise it, oh and Whitbread brew it with hop extracts instead of full hops now, cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom