Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
leeds v reading game is brutal, looking forward to it next year everz? trolololol.

edit - we'd better get promoted after all this baiting

Everz

FH is my second home
leeds v reading game is brutal, looking forward to it next year everz? trolololol.

edit - we'd better get promoted after all this baiting

Oh for you too bottle it would be trolololol.

Can't see it happening though.. plus Southampton spells a 6-0 thumping :(.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also, I'd love it if West Ham didn't come up, rather have Blackpool back out of the current teams in the play off places.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
And Wazz thinks Stoke are bad...

They're a top division team in one of the best leagues in the world. At least lower league teams have an excuse. Pulis always claimed once he'd settled Stoke in the Prem they'd start playing more football and be less "robust" but all that has happened since is that they've a) stopped scouting Europe for players (no joke) and b) sign woeful English cloggers and play them out of position.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Face it Wazz, the league is all about money and they are ensuring they stay in it. I certainly don't enjoy their play style, but they get results. Live with it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
West Ham with big Sam are the same. But the West Ham fans are not putting up with the negative football. I don't want West Ham up under Big Sam he is a industrial strength cunt.

Everz

FH is my second home
Also, I'd love it if West Ham didn't come up, rather have Blackpool back out of the current teams in the play off places.

Southampton
Reading
Blackpool

Form is everything in the Chump. West Ham won't get promoted at all, they've peaked to early and like Cardiff/Reading in our promotion season they will tail off and stay down for another season.

Everz

FH is my second home
They're a top division team in one of the best leagues in the world. At least lower league teams have an excuse. Pulis always claimed once he'd settled Stoke in the Prem they'd start playing more football and be less "robust" but all that has happened since is that they've a) stopped scouting Europe for players (no joke) and b) sign woeful English cloggers and play them out of position.

I fucking hate Stoke.. go back four years and they could barely get 12,000.. pisstake plastic Stokies come out the woodwork drive me insane.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
could've done with leeds holding on but an easy win over the conference bound useless skate fucks tomorrow will put us back where we belong. the game is at 1pm but not on tv :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Face it Wazz, the league is all about money and they are ensuring they stay in it. I certainly don't enjoy their play style, but they get results. Live with it.

Their luck is going to run out soon. They're getting worse and worse and less effective, I'll be surprised if they're not deep in a relegation battle next year. The style works for a while but teams soon figure out how to play around it. If you refuse to change tactically a little each season you'll be pushed back out. Pulis is ensuring that this happens by not expanding their squad, technical abilities or playing style. They're doomed with him in charge.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I went with ba ahead of cisse in my fantasy team this week, hopefully he will score too. Brilliant game this so far.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
4 in 5 for Jake Cassidy now.

Our academy players :cool:
Stevenage have now 1 win 8 draws and 3 losses since winning away to sheff wed in feb (not including FA cup results)

just seem to have no cutting edge under smith and are now 6 points off the play off with 6 games to go ..... could have already cemented a place quite easily 11/36 points just isn't good enough for a promotion chasing team....... that said not a bad stab at our first go in league 1

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Be so funny if Chelsea made the final but didn't even qualify for a Europa League spot.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Even funnier if they win the final but dont make europa league spot!, will be some angry arsenal,spurs or newcastle fans then!:p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Even funnier if they win the final but dont make europa league spot!, will be some angry arsenal,spurs or newcastle fans then!:p

Chelsea winning the champs league is the only funny part of your post.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Just because you get destroyed every time by barcelona doesnt mean we will!:)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, I was going to copy last weeks bet and put £10 on Newcastle to win 2.0 and Cisse to score first. Bastard well forgot.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, I was going to copy last weeks bet and put £10 on Newcastle to win 2.0 and Cisse to score first. Bastard well forgot.

Oh dear.

And oh dear at my decision to put ba in ahead of cisse in FF :/

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Was this scouting team in place before Pardew joined?

At first I thought, "Well anyone can make a couple of good signings". But Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, (was Ben Arfa already there?) and now Cisse have just been cracking bits of business.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Was this scouting team in place before Pardew joined?

At first I thought, "Well anyone can make a couple of good signings". But Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, (was Ben Arfa already there?) and now Cisse have just been cracking bits of business.

No, I believe that he bought them in.

Edit:// he's been there just over 2 years, so before Pardew. He was bought in by Llambas.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/04/03/...of-ashley-llambias-pardews-great/#more-127514

“I’m the Chief Scout at Newcastle. I went there with Chris Hughton in February, 2010, and I’ve been there just over two years and basically, I’m just recruiting players.”
“‘I’ve been doing the scouting job for fourteen years. I was at Tottenham for five years, Chief Scout at Manchester City for seven, and I’ve been mostly in Europe as well, so I’ve been been on the job for quite a long time.”
”I go and pick up three matches in Holland, three in France over the weekend, or midweek, or in Germany and I get a list of names together, sit down with the manager, Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley and our staff and we discuss them.”

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Since Wenger arrived with his sexy football the Arsenal fans have become right princesses. They moan endlessly about teams that close down, play it long, rough up the opposition. Yet that's just how they used to play back in the "one nil to the Arsenal" days.

Exquisite finish by Cisse in the Swansea Newcastle game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom