Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well Neymar showing he not exactly good pick for Chelsea given the mass brawl he was involved in during the cup final. lol. That was some mass fight

Everz

FH is my second home
Brawl1_682x500_1332631a.jpg

YouTube - ‪Neymar fights Santos and Penarol players 2011 06 22 (final)‬‏

Classy kid.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Scumbag, kicking someone on the floor is low.

In other news, Little Pea scores another in the Gold Cup! :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
What do you make of it Turamber? The Villa fans i've spoken to seem quite happy, saying he was pretty average last season, trying to do everything himself and often just being wasteful.

Everz

FH is my second home
Villa fans are never something to go by on their opinions of their own players I find. He plays a blinding match hes the best thing since sliced bread then misses one opportunity the next match and hes a pile of dogshit that should be sold.. if you get my drift :p.

From an outside perspective, Young is a quality signing for United, he was by far Villas stand out player but that isn't saying much.

Everz

FH is my second home
So, United a keeper and a midfielder away from actually putting up a fight against Barcelona now? :p.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Then post our 2nd string against wolves and not get a penny of a fine! :kissit:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
not really, young and jones wont make the slightest difference against Barcelona, they need 2 quality midfielders for that. but i'm sure they're more concerned with winning in general than just Barcelona

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Canada's goalkeeper scored from his own half against England U17s :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
What do you make of it Turamber? The Villa fans i've spoken to seem quite happy, saying he was pretty average last season, trying to do everything himself and often just being wasteful.

He was disappointing last season, but then all of our players were. Playing under that useless dickhead Houllier didn't help any of them to shine. He still made more goals than any of our other players, though, and despite being wasted 'in the hole' for half a season.

He will be a big hit at United next season. With better players around him and a manager who not only inspires but knows how to organise a team he'll do really well.

We have sold our best players for the past three seasons in a row, pretty pathetic by Lerner and co really. I think we'll be in the Championship this time next year.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So, United a keeper and a midfielder away from actually putting up a fight against Barcelona now? :p.

Nope, two midfielders, a playmaker and a destroyer. Barcelona made mugs of us in the middle of the park, until we address that we cannot beat them more than once or twice out of ten games.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
not really, young and jones wont make the slightest difference against Barcelona, they need 2 quality midfielders for that. but i'm sure they're more concerned with winning in general than just Barcelona

Yep, in total agreement. If you look back at recent times, Barcelona have made the final twice and as great at they are they won't reach it every year. We can't focus on Barcelona, we just need to address the areas where we are weak and the rest will take care of itself.

Marc

FH is my second home
You dont beat Barcelona by having a midfield you think is on a par because you cannot play the same way. Arsenals midfield was not even close, yet they beat us. Barcelona will just starve your star studded midfield of ball. Given that we commit so many players to winning the ball back in an opponents half or even hurrying the guy in posession so he makes a mistake with his initial pass, your best bet is on the counter attack, like Arsenal did.

I genuinely dont think that if United want to compete with barca, that centre midfield is the key. Granted, United are pretty weak in that department and do need to strengthen, but its no where near a deal breaker to beat Barcelona that united fans think it is.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry but Wilshere destroyed Xavi and Iniesta in the first leg, please be a little less biased. He was awesome in that match and widely regarded as the best player on the pitch.

Marc

FH is my second home
Sorry but Wilshere destroyed Xavi and Iniesta in the first leg, please be a little less biased. He was awesome in that match and widely regarded as the best player on the pitch.

Arsenal had a clear cut chance in the first half. RVP from a counter attack. They also counter attacked when fabregas cross was cut out, barely, with Bendter waiting with the goal gaping. Arsenals first goal came from, you guessed it, a counter attack and Arshavins goal came from......Yep you guessed it.

Im not being biased, im just stating facts. Counter attacking is the key to beat us. No where did I say Wilshere didnt have a stormer. My point is, we leave ourselves out of shape if we dont force the bad pass or get the ball back when pressing.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I think there's more to it than that. You can't just say "We're going to go out and counter attack". You also seem to need an angle of attack when you go against them. Look at the Inter home game last year (which Micheal Cox has conveniantly done for me) Inter 3-1 Barcelona: Why did Pep Guardiola play Zlatan Ibrahimovic? | Zonal Marking You can see that you need to know were you are going to counter attack not just that you are. Two good defensive midfielders are what you need to break down Barcelona (which united don't really have). Have them do all that hard work and then have two fast wingers on the break going at Barcelona on on the break because defensively this is where you are at your weakest.

United need a creative midfielder desperatly, but not to beat Barcelona. We need one to take dicey away games at Everton by the scruff of the neck and make the ball ours.

Everz

FH is my second home
Malaga have so far got...

"Joaquin will join Argentines Diego Buonanotte and Martin Demichelis, Dutch duo Joris Mathijsen and Ruud van Nistelrooy, Spanish defender Nacho Monreal and French midfielder Jeremy Toulalan as new recruits at the club".

That should be fun.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
my google translate is rusty , but it seems that this journalist claims that he was told there were actually 12 Mexican soccer players, not 5, who tested positive for Clenbuterol on May 21. He cites the source as saying that the others weren't named because they had less than .5 nanograms (500 picograms) of Clenbuterol.

¿Es cierto que fueron en el Tri 12 y no 5 los clembuterolizados? | Ediciones Impresas Milenio

sepp blatter acknowledges that there was more than 5 players with clenbuterol in their tests the 21 may.

Blatter sabía de los demás casos de doping | La Afición

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Congratz to Messi for turning 24

Bet Marc is either having a huge fap fest or fucking his missus in a Messi shirt! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom