Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
A lot of people confident? Who are they? Some nobodies on twitter trying to get some followers i'm guessing?

Wait until a single media outlet picks it up before caring tbh

Easy Big'Un. Yeah it was twitter but I never claimed that the 'lot of people' were definitely right did I?

We talk about plenty of what ifs in here long before they are confirmed. Ok yeah it is transfer Muppet behavior but I need something to get me through the day at work!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I'm just saying be wary of twitter because for football stuff it's really shit :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I hope Berba stays, he keeps the other strikers on their toes and can play some truly phenomenal football.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I hope Berba stays, he keeps the other strikers on their toes and can play some truly phenomenal football.

He is a confidence player though and Fergie has lost all confidence, you only have to look at what happened from the game where he and Phelan were laughing at Berba onwards. He only played in games that weren't vital or where we needed to change the system. His starting place is gone, he can command a start at plenty of clubs who have CL football, for his own career I think he needs to move on even though I think it would be brilliant if we could keep him and just rotate. My fear is that if he stays we lose Welbeck or Macheda, having seem them both many times in the reserves I am confident that both can make it at Premier League level and so we should not be selling them so young unless silly offers come in.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
15 million euros to buy out then new Chelsea managers release clause, that is 15 million euros less in the kitty and makes it that little bit harder to fall within the finanical fair play rules.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I read somewhere that we pay the money to AVP or reimburse him after he pays the buy-out clause, so FFP don't matter for shit. Not sure though.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
nevermind that sounds like bollocks

i just flicked over to sky sports news to see Souness going on about how easy it is managing in Portugal compared to the Prem. The same man who won nothing in portugal and got sacked for being a shit manager :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Ah yes, the portuguese league is much easier out of the 4 possible teams who can win it when compared to the prem with the 3 possible teams who can win it, so hard

;).

Everz

FH is my second home
So the big signing?

A fucking keeper?

Get to fuck and get working on a signing worth some shit.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yeah he needs to be a bit harsh, clear out the oldies (some who are same age as him right`? :p )

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
In that case clearing out Lampard and Drogba may be on the cards, as much as a way of making sure he has control of the dressing room as getting rid of dead weight. Did that sentence even make sense? Fuck it.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
chelsea fans! What do you think of Lukaku? Should he come to chelsea? how much would you pay for him?

eksdee

FH is my second home
In that case clearing out Lampard and Drogba may be on the cards, as much as a way of making sure he has control of the dressing room as getting rid of dead weight. Did that sentence even make sense? Fuck it.

Well if he wants complete control of the dressing room he'd really want to be shot of JT as well :p. But seeing as that won't happen, it will be interesting to see who he does get rid of - and I think Lampard and Drogba seem somewhat likely, or at least the most sensible options - and/or how he handles the dressing room in general.

chelsea fans! What do you think of Lukaku? Should he come to chelsea? how much would you pay for him?

He looks a prospect, but we don't need ANOTHER centre forward. Especially if Falcao comes with Villas-Boas also. I think that is one serious area of concern in our squad at the moment. One recognised winger, four centre forwards and we're trying to sign another three (Neymar, Lukaku, Falcao).

eksdee

FH is my second home
Couldn't agree more. He has been a fantastic player for the club, but it's time to build for the future. I don't doubt he is still good enough, but he is holding us back.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Where could you see him going off to then? A smaller EPL club or a totally new league?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Can't see us selling Drogba to another EPL team, no way. Milan maybe? They love an old warhorse. :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He needs to break down that click Terry/Lamps/Drogba have

Perfect opportunity to bring in some new fresh talent, and start moving out the old guard. Terry isn't half the player he was, and not having Carvalho next to him to actually do the good defending, shows him out to be what he really is.

Lampard, hasn't the legs anymore, and he certainly isn't effective in a 4-4-2 instance. Drogba, while he can be a worldy on his day, isn't a season after season 20+ striker.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Drogba and Lampard won't get sold, teams generally don't sell their two best players even if they're getting on. Especially as they're both fan favourites and strong characters in the dressing room, which is a good thing. Not to mention only a week ago our chief executive saying Drogba isn't going anywhere.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Drogba and Lampard won't get sold, teams generally don't sell their two best players even if they're getting on. Especially as they're both fan favourites and strong characters in the dressing room, which is a good thing. Not to mention only a week ago our chief executive saying Drogba isn't going anywhere.

Having them around could be counter productive, Drogba spits his dummy out when he does not play.

I can't wait to see the usual JT interview, telling me Boas is the best thing since beans on toast to work with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom