Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Drogba is 34, he said he knows he can't play as much any more.

Everz

FH is my second home
Falcao won't move due to Torres already being there, if what Villas-Boas usual tactical setup is something to go by then the only two likely on there way would be Moutinho and Hulk.

Be interesting to see what he does with the aging squad however, but his previous transfer record shows that he doesn't mind getting rid of aging stars despite them being fan favourites (Bruno Alves/Raul Meireles both left Porto under his reign). I can see him doing a good job however, just need Roman to leave him alone.

A surprising one that may come with him could be Varela, pacy winger who can score and good with the ball at his feet and was a regular under him at Porto as part of the 3 pronged attack.

Everz

FH is my second home
Sturridge I think could be in with a sniff for the first team tbh.

eksdee

FH is my second home
A surprising one that may come with him could be Varela, pacy winger who can score and good with the ball at his feet and was a regular under him at Porto as part of the 3 pronged attack.

Good shout!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
would be completely retarded to send him out on loan just to sign someone equally talented for 20+ so yeah it'll probably happen

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yeah seems a strange shout tbh. He has proved at Bolton he has the ability.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Haha, well Warner quits 3 days after getting a report which basically stated he is a corrupt shit that helped in bribery attempts. Cant believe that FIFA had the cheak to put the statement out stating the presumption of innocence is maintained when they already had the commitee report in place which said otherwise!

Lets see when Bin man quits and charges get dropped!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
and he gets a nice 25k a year pension until hes 96 on top of the hundreds of thousands hes stolen

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Personally I'd prefer Sturridge to go back to Coyle rather than Pardew, much better opportunity for development IMO.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I'd rather him be at Chelsea banging in the goals while that 50m joker sits on the bench TBH!

...too far? :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
We'll take Torres on loan for the same weekly wage cost as Sturridge, how's that sound?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well, in all seriousness, I really hope V-B can get the most out of Torres somehow. However, I see it being as Vlad said before: even if Torres starts banging in the goals he will ultimately just be holding Sturridge back. :(

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal should offer Barca 20p for Messi. Not because that's what he's worth, but because that's what they think they an afford and they should have him.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Well, in all seriousness, I really hope V-B can get the most out of Torres somehow. However, I see it being as Vlad said before: even if Torres starts banging in the goals he will ultimately just be holding Sturridge back. :(

That's the unfortunate reality IMO, unless Drogba or Anelka, or both? were offloaded this summer (though I doubt that massively)

Realistically our front 3 is going to involve Torres and Sturridge for a long time yet, assuming the board don't smoke any extra crack and sell Sturridge, so it's up to V-B to get those two working in the same line-up. Whether that comes this season or next season remains to be seen, I think it'll be another year yet, with Drogba and Anelka beginning to wind down this year.

Everz

FH is my second home
That's the unfortunate reality IMO, unless Drogba or Anelka, or both? were offloaded this summer (though I doubt that massively)

Realistically our front 3 is going to involve Torres and Sturridge for a long time yet, assuming the board don't smoke any extra crack and sell Sturridge, so it's up to V-B to get those two working in the same line-up. Whether that comes this season or next season remains to be seen, I think it'll be another year yet, with Drogba and Anelka beginning to wind down this year.

Am I correct in thinking Sturridge can play well on the right and cut in pretty well?

If so, going off what AVB' 4-3-3 tactic at Porto was then he would fit perfectly into the role of Varela as the pacy forward? Hulk was more of a second striker, general trickery as well a good shot to link up with Falcao (which in this case could be Torres?).

A striking department of Sturridge--Torres--Hulk (for say if he came), would provide the much needed width and the support for Torres to wrack the goals up?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Am I correct in thinking Sturridge can play well on the right and cut in pretty well?

If so, going off what AVB' 4-3-3 tactic at Porto was then he would fit perfectly into the role of Varela as the pacy forward? Hulk was more of a second striker, general trickery as well a good shot to link up with Falcao (which in this case could be Torres?).

A striking department of Sturridge--Torres--Hulk (for say if he came), would provide the much needed width and the support for Torres to wrack the goals up?

Word. That would be sexual.

Everz

FH is my second home
Fucking insanity!

River Plate could be relegated from the Argentine Premier League tonight.. that is the equiviliant of United going down if it did happen. Insane.

EDIT : there 2-0 down and heading down.. whoa.

Everz

FH is my second home
Going bed but Santos 1-0 up on Libertadores...

and River Plate relegated, totally nuts that they have gone.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
dont they have some weird system of relegation being decided over 3 seasons?

so you could in effect finish last 2 seasons in a row, then win the league but still get relegated? :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So young deal being wrapped up today, de gea next Friday. And AVB ruling out a squad cull, happy days ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
which one the one scored by england or the one by the canadian keeper? :p

Everz

FH is my second home
dont they have some weird system of relegation being decided over 3 seasons?

so you could in effect finish last 2 seasons in a row, then win the league but still get relegated? :p

Yeh the Clausura and Apetsura system is weird, it works on standings over the past 3 seasons for clubs that have been in the league for more then 3 seasons (newly promoted clubs can go straight down in either of there first 3 seasons in the top flight), however since River Plate finished rock bottom in one season and then only managed a 17th place finish it was set for them to have a relegation play-off to stay up.. which the consequently lost and were sent down despite finishing a healthy 11th this season.

It's madness.. this season has seen some absolute giants fall down tbh.

Monaco, Sampdoria, Deportivo La Coruna and now River Plate all in there respective 2nd tiers.. FM games next year will be immense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom