Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Upon the opening of the new thread I'm going to enlist cho into a re-run of our glorious "fuck you southerners" scientific evaluation of where football lives. :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You don't need to goad him, the senile fucker will post it again anyway :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
A rebellion was attempted last year, it failed horribly. Deebs thread was afforded a little more respect as befits a man of his (nose's) stature, yet it was still crushed into the ground beneath our boots. Football thread's are much like the Highlander; there can only be one.

Viva la revolución! OT forever! Blood in blood out!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Sanchez to Barcelona seems close, who is he going to replace? Pedro? Messi? :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
barcelona could do with some depth, even if they do win everything anyway

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Their problem is the debt and their wage bill. They really need to offload someone big to strengthen the squad and add depth. Unfortunately it will be Promising kids that get sold instead I feel.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Would rather see us sign Hulk and/or Moutinho if anyone from Porto to be honest. Next season is going to be another farce unless we finally sign a creative midfielder and a right winger.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Their problem is the debt and their wage bill. They really need to offload someone big to strengthen the squad and add depth. Unfortunately it will be Promising kids that get sold instead I feel.

probably jeffren, maxwell, militio, boyan(with buy-back clausule), maybe adriano, maybe keita if they get a good offer. Then again, they have some quality youngsters ready like bartra, muniesa, fontas, thiago...

dub

One of Freddy's beloved

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Damn you! I hope he fails miserably (but I doubt it, great manager based on what he's done so far. Potential Pep beater if he is allowed to run with his own *vision* and not Roman's.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Awesome. Villas-Boas was my first choice ahead of Hiddink but I'd accepted he wanted to stay at Porto :)

I think he's younger than Drogba and Lampard :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure I read an article on him a while back that says his career effectively started when he got into playing Championship Manager :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Haha, that level of depth is insane tbh. Potential to be the greatest manager is there.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
*crosses fingers for another Scolari*

Seriously though it's a good appointment. If Roman actually gives him more than about 8 months he will probably do very well.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Just read something about the price of a British passport. Two players both 25 both have 1 year left on their contracts. One has over 180 appearances, a league winners medal, has ten caps for his country and regular Champions League experience. The other has just over 100 appearances for his club, three international caps, and no Champions League experience.

So Gael Clichy valued at £5m and £10m depending on who you ask and Gary Cahill who has been valued at £17m by his club. So a player with no "big" club experience is valued at £7m more just for his passport?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Or because Clichys contract is running out and he's been poor for years? :p

But yeah, Cahill isn't worth that and prices for English players are retarded.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Scottish and Welsh FAs dont sound too happy about Team GB football for the olympics :p

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
A lot of people seem confident that Berba is off to PSG? Would have liked to see him stay really. Finally has a very good season and now we pack him off to paris to have who? Owen as cover?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
A lot of people confident? Who are they? Some nobodies on twitter trying to get some followers i'm guessing?

Wait until a single media outlet picks it up before caring tbh

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A lot of people seem confident that Berba is off to PSG? Would have liked to see him stay really. Finally has a very good season and now we pack him off to paris to have who? Owen as cover?

United have a big problem, if he stays then we need to sell either Welbeck or Macheda and Fergie doesn't want to lose either. The cash his sale brings in and the wages it frees up will also allow United to bring in a world class midfielder without increasing the wage bill dramatically. It is going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom