Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Rumours seem to be gathering some pace, wonder if Abramovich is going for both Villas-Boas and Hiddink as a director?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I hope they take wilkins back, because the thought of enduring him for a whole season on Sky is freaking me out!

Calaen

Corran

Part of the furniture
LMFAO.

Jack Warner quits his post with FIFA.
Due to this all investigations into his conduct are ceasing and presumption of innocence is maintained state FIFA!

This to me gives the impression that he was guilty as fuck, they knew it and gave him a choice. Resign and they drop it, or argue the case he isnt guilty and have the information released.... really seems a clear case of FIFA protecting FIFA yet again

eksdee

FH is my second home
So Ambramovich will take on another Portugese manager who plays even more negative football than Mourinho? I don't think so.

Hahahaha. Basically what Dave said, you clearly haven't seen Porto play.

If it does happen, I would be happy. I want to see something progressive happen at Chelsea and a young manager could be the beginning of a shift towards exactly that kind of progression that we need - a young, stable team from the staff through to the players. Abramovich ultimately holds the key to messing it all up by sacking Villas Boas (if it happens) after one year without winning something (if that happens), but I live in the vain hope he'll change.

I think the absolute best thing that could happen would be Villas Boas as coach and Hiddink as DoF. That could potentially be outstanding.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Imagine if Boas bought Hulk with him

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yespls. A fucking winger (sort of). Christ. It would be the end of days.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it any different to Mourinho?

The link is Bobby Robson man!!!, that just shows you the greatness of the guy. And the power of learning from those above you, as Mourinho and now Villas Boas have done.

I think yes, because Mourinho had just won the CL with Porto. Granted Villas Boas won the potuguese league, cup and europa league, but the CL is the CL. Mourinho was already a big name by the time he came to Chelsea and has the personality to manage big players. I am not sure what Villas Boas is like, but under Abramovich unless you win the CL straight away you are going to be under pressure. He would be a fantastic appointment for Chelsea if they were content to build for a couple of years, however since Mourinho left the story tells itself with regard to Abramovich's expectations.

Calaen

Oh I agree, the fact the chief exec said we've won 6 trophies in 10 years, shows they don't give a shit about continuity, they just want trophies :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I do wish Ron Gourlay would fuck off when he comes out with stuff like that, he's worse than Kenyon.

Roman should just hire Guus as his personal advisor, he's about the only level head he'd listen to.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A few things - change the Under 21 coaching team now. I'm glad we went out, because had we won last night, Pearce would have been given an even longer contract and no incentive to change the style.

Villa-Boas. Great if it comes off for Chelski, but the worry is that Roman will not let him do his job.

FIFA and Warner: Clearly a deal has been done, it protects FIFA and protects Warner. Did anyone expect anything different?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You know what this Warner thing means right? He will walk away, keep his mouth closed for a year or two and then be welcomed back into the fold because they didn't find him guilty of anything.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
You know what this Warner thing means right? He will walk away, keep his mouth closed for a year or two and then be welcomed back into the fold because they didn't find him guilty of anything.

yep :( fucking shocking

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You know a new one'll be modded out of existence as a duplicate. And rightly so!

Plus - you know you want the new thread to start with a proper rogering of the south ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You know a new one'll be modded out of existence as a duplicate. And rightly so!

Plus - you know you want the new thread to start with a proper rogering of the south ;)

Bullshit. The new thread starts on the 1st of July and megadave starts it, or it's not worth shit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A rebellion was attempted last year, it failed horribly. Deebs thread was afforded a little more respect as befits a man of his (nose's) stature, yet it was still crushed into the ground beneath our boots. Football thread's are much like the Highlander; there can only be one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom