Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Their own worst enemy, all they do us lump pressure on players around them who are not used to it and when they crumble every Liverpool fan struggles to understand why. It is simple, expectations too high for the quality of squad, set your sights lower and then when you over-achieve it is party time. :)

Exactly what I was saying about England the other day :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
He is supposed to be upbeat but realistic, they don't have a squad capable of winning the league at this point and need to invest £100 million this summer if they really want to get their hands on a 19th title.

100m ! I wouldn't say that much, it depends how much other teams around us improve this summer also though :/ if Man City get Messi (please) then who knows :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
100m ! I wouldn't say that much, it depends how much other teams around us improve this summer also though :/ if Man City get Messi (please) then who knows :p

Squad mate, you need a new CB, a new LB, two new wingers and some quality cover for CM/CB/DEF. In todays market you are talking £100 million but I think you know that after what you have spent already this year. That money would take you from 6th place to very serious contenders.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
There can be only One that starts the 2011/2012 thread, and it ain't Deebs.:twak:
Till we deem it time for that thread, we use this thread!

Danita

Marc

FH is my second home
Modric wants Chelsea switch | Manchester City News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Hopefully that'll help keep the asking price only mildly extortionate, Modric wouldn't have been my first choice to fill the gap we have, but he's hardly shit.

Modric makes everybody else better, whilst his ability to combine the craft and flair of a playmaker, with the tenacity and discipline of a midfielder, makes him a rarity. van der Vaart probably wouldn't have been as productive if he didn't have Modric behind him. £35m may be overpriced, but that's the market

Lethul

FH is my second home
I've not had a go at anyone, as a grown man you can choose to take it anyway you like of course but all I am trying to is keep the peace and the thread on topic, I don't see that personal vendettas have a place in here and from the outside that is exactly what this looks like, almost everytime he posts someone jumps on him or even worse every mention of Villa or 'proper fans' and out come the sniper rifles. Sorry if you disagree but I feel it is totally unnecessary.

But against Liverpool its ok :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Liverpool don't seem to be too intent on improving their defence in this window, and that's by far their weakest area.

What? Didn't you read the link Keitan posted? And we have also been linked with Enrique/Clichy/insert other left back.

Lethul

FH is my second home
He is supposed to be upbeat but realistic, they don't have a squad capable of winning the league at this point and need to invest £100 million this summer if they really want to get their hands on a 19th title.

I don't know, if they play well they should be able to win. I mean just look at the squad United won with last season? :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Cabaye :(.

My favourite FM player bleh. Can't recreate the Lille dreamteam of him/Hazard/Mavuba again.

Everz

FH is my second home
Depends how you played Cabaye, never as a DM, always as a supporting centre-mid to help Hazard on his surges forward.

M'Vila never got up to much on my save, Cabaye on the other hand became a don.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I reckon if this goes through then Sturridge could go back to Bolton for other season, which would give Drogs and Anelka a year to wind down IMO.

Wonder if Modric will hand in a transfer request now that Spuds have refused his sale?

Corran

Part of the furniture
I reckon if this goes through then Sturridge could go back to Bolton for other season, which would give Drogs and Anelka a year to wind down IMO.

Wonder if Modric will hand in a transfer request now that Spuds have refused his sale?

Modric stated in past couple of days he will not hand in a transfer request as it is disrespectful to do so. He would like to go to bigger team though and if an offer is acceptable to all parties then he will be off.

To be honest, you look at the transfer fees going about and Rednapp is right. The offers have been a joke, it really is a £35m or so offer that will even get them to think about it, and to be quite honest I dont know who Spurs could even get to replace him with that amount of money given their position.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
u17s world cup starts today on Sky sports

chelsea new boy lucas piazon is there, as is old boy chalobah. only other player i've heard of his sterling from liverpool

Lethul

FH is my second home
u17s world cup starts today on Sky sports

chelsea new boy lucas piazon is there, as is old boy chalobah. only other player i've heard of his sterling from liverpool

isn't the u17s basically Liverpools youth team? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom