Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Everz

FH is my second home
Dagnall to me seems the one from those, thought he was the main man there?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
City have renamed their reserves "The Elite Squad" :p:p

Marc

FH is my second home
Well City's latest signing is hardly one that will "blow my mind". When Noel Gallagher said what he said, I had visions of Man City turning into a world allstar team. Given the amount of merceneries they are assembling, surely anything less than champions league qualification and a cup win would be a disaster?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I hope city just miss out on anything important which leaves the owner bored and the players making drama.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
how the fuck are they going to meet fair play regulations in the next decade?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wow, Did no one else get marcs dig at real with the slavery gag? Lay off guys, it was clearly a piss take.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Dagnall to me seems the one from those, thought he was the main man there?

Well, we've had a few "main men" who've moved on and done alright. If you look at last years scoring charts, Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt and Glenn Murray are all ex-Dale. I think Le Fondre did well after the cheating Rotherfield scum nicked him off us as well!!

We also had Will Buckley (now at Watford) who looks a real talent.

Chris Dagnall had a good year last year, but you have to wonder how much of his form was down to his partner Chris O'Grady, who we've thankfully got for another season.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Righto; predictions.

Man Utd or Chelski for the title again. It really does depend on the form of Drogba, Lampard and Terry for Chelski. Malouda had an impressive season as well, can he repeat it? Ancelloti is building his own squad now, and has shed some baggage. For United, it will depend not on Rooney, but on Berbatov being able to score more, his creative play is fine, and he looked very sharp against Celtic the other day. How Evans continues to fill in will have a big impact, because Rio seems to be the new sick note. Nani like Malouda needs to hit the same form as last season. I think Fergie is going to take a bigger risk with youth this year than he has for a while. See Gibson having a big role to play, and Hernandez getting a decent run.

Arsenal and (although it hurt to say) Man city to battle for 3rd, and provide some interest for the title race. Spurs will push for 4th, but the Champs league could prove one competition too many, even with their big squad. Liverpool are a bit of a dark horse now, we don't know what Hodgson will do, he has the ability to make average players into a great team, and kick start failing form. Villa need some serious buying to get some squad depth if they even have a hope of challenging any of the above clubs.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Malouda's been in good, consistent form ever since Hiddink took over 18 months ago, i'd expect his form to carry on into next season, i'm hoping so at least!

Still interested to see who Carlo will look to bring in, obviously the rumours point towards the usual suspects, but with Beletti, Ballack, Cole (although replaced by Yossi), and Deco (perhaps Carvalho too) potentially on the way out, it's a lot of experience to replace.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Is this your new DM for the next season Soze? he looks good. Song was the only DM in the squad last season, wasn't he?

YouTube - Frimpong vs Barnet

Edit: oh well, 2 years younger than JET. I don't think we'll see him for a while.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Nope, we have Denilson.

Denilson can't do the job im afraid. Look at the difference in the Barcelona games at the Emirates Song kept Messi reasonably quiet when he missed the away trip Diaby and Denilson let him run the game. Both can have really good games but both are more likely to have very average games.

Is this your new DM for the next season Soze? he looks good. Song was the only DM in the squad last season, wasn't he?

Craig Eastmond is closer to the first team than Frimpong i believe but both have played well in Reserve and Youth games. Eastmond got his first team start last year.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Denilson can't do the job im afraid. Look at the difference in the Barcelona games at the Emirates Song kept Messi reasonably quiet when he missed the away trip Diaby and Denilson let him run the game. Both can have really good games but both are more likely to have very average games.

I don't think he is good enough either, but I don't agree with the assessment of the Barca game. All of our players were crap, gave them all too much space and Messi only stood out because of the goals (and the pundits having a wank over him before the game even started).

We should rescue Flamini from his nightmare in Milan :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have often wondered why Wenger has not made a move for Flamini, I think it's quite obvious he'd come back for first team football at a club where he was a star in midfield next to Cesc. Pride from Wenger at not wanting a player back who refused him?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have often wondered why Wenger has not made a move for Flamini, I think it's quite obvious he'd come back for first team football at a club where he was a star in midfield next to Cesc. Pride from Wenger at not wanting a player back who refused him?

His wage demands were unreasonable he wanted 120k a week. Wenger still might not fancy paying it. Well they were when he was out of contract he wanted 80k a week plus 5 or 6 mil to sign on equalling the 120k.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He was worth being on par with Cesc and Gallas. Top top player, who was on the form of his life and had a brilliant understanding with Cesc.

At the end of the day, it was a massive oversight letting his contract run down before offering him a new one.

soze

I am a FH squatter
He was worth being on par with Cesc and Gallas. Top top player, who was on the form of his life and had a brilliant understanding with Cesc.

At the end of the day, it was a massive oversight letting his contract run down before offering him a new one.

Yep one of the few you can say Wenger got wrong, some people say its because his break out season was the season it ran out but imo the year he covered Left Back showed he had enough for a good long deal.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Bin Here...
Bin There
Bin dipping everywhere.. Joey Cole!

See you later you Mr "i'd play for chelsea for free if i could"

Marc

FH is my second home
Yep, but that was not Hodgsons choice. It was a fuck you to Liverpool from Rafa.

Pathetic isnt it. Benayoun is a quality squad player, the kind who when called upon wont let you down and will chip in with goals and assists. Great signing for chelsea imo

Lethul

FH is my second home
Id have kept Benayoun myself

I'd much rather have Joe Cole, but not a big fan of either of em :p

Hope it works out alright tho!

The biggest problem is leftback after selling Insua and losing Aurelio

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal could lend you one we have 3 plus Tom Cruise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom