Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
And I've heard people say Michael Carrick is world class, so what? He didn't impress me.

Marc

FH is my second home
Noel Gallagher - Man City's signings will blow your mind!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
So who does everyone think/want to get FIFA's world player of the year?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
How will Iniesta get it? Hasn't he been injured for a decent portion of the year?

Forlan's a good shout, although my mate with an Athletico season ticket said he's been well inconsistent at club level and misses sitters all the time.

Surely Messi has still been the standout player of the year, even if his world cup didnt go that great?

Marc

FH is my second home
I still think Messi did enough for Barca to win it, backed up with a decent world cup. Outside bets would be Xavi, Snijeder or Forlan. Rooney and Ronaldo's no show at the world cup will go against them.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Iniesta or Xavi. After Buffon got it despite his team being relegated for cheating it made me sure that in a World Cup season the winner will play for the world cup winners.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I still think Messi did enough for Barca to win it, backed up with a decent world cup. Outside bets would be Xavi, Snijeder or Forlan. Rooney and Ronaldo's no show at the world cup will go against them.

Rooney and Ronaldo showed just as much as Messi.. Fuck all! Great expectations to all three of them, but it just seemed as neither of them really showed up

Sneijder or Robben are both in the running. Sneijder won the treble and Robben had a shot at it. And both of them were in the WC final

Mourinho as manager of the year btw

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Iniesta or Xavi

Prolly Iniesta. If he performs decently in the first 3 months of the season, his goal in the WC final may give him the edge.

If not, Xavi just due to pure recognition to his achievements in the past 2 years (Eurocup, Worldcup, 2 champion leagues, intercontinental,...).

Hope Xavi grabs it.

Marc

FH is my second home
Rooney and Ronaldo showed just as much as Messi.. Fuck all! Great expectations to all three of them, but it just seemed as neither of them really showed up

Sneijder or Robben are both in the running. Sneijder won the treble and Robben had a shot at it. And both of them were in the WC final

Mourinho as manager of the year btw

World Cup 2010: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque believes Lionel Messi deserved Golden Ball more than Diego Forlan - Goal.com

I'll take a world cup winning managers opinion over yours, cheers :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
That's bullshit Marc, Forlan was a class above for Uruguay, and with a bit of ability and a lot of effort he took them to the Semi's, Messi for all of his supposed world class ability had a good opportunity to show it to the and he underperformed.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Has Marc become the Thugs of Football threads?

And is that what he was trying to achieve?

Everz

FH is my second home
So heskey has retired from International football, bout 2 months late but thanks you useless ****.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
original.gif

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I think I'm going to boycott 2010/2011 because my team (the might Rochdale AFC) have sold all their best players, replaced them with players who looked average in League 2 and are, without doubt, heading down with the lowest points total in League 1 history.

Football is dead to me...

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
And we've just gotten the hardest opponents for our CL qualification - great!

Ah well, we have got to beat them all anyway :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Who have you sold ;s?

Okay...we've let them go on free transfers :p

Out: McArdle, Stanton, Dagnall, Higginbotham, Toner, Tom Kennedy, Arthur
In: Widdowson (young Grimsby left-back), Akpa-Akpro (enormous leaden-footed waste of skin), Barry-Murphy (lol?), Redshaw (talented ex-Man City trainee striker)

I am, to be blunt, uninspired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom