Football The 2009/2010 Season Thread

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Out of pity for United i was going to send them £10 to double their fransfer kitty! but then they snubbed joe cole so changed mind!

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like Liverpool has let Benayoun go to Chelsea, crazy they sold him on considering he was one of their better players last season.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have no idea if its true but one of the Rumour sites said Yosi had to go because of his nationality and they fact the potential new owners are Arab. Like i said no idea if its true.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Really good signing from Ancelotti, perfect replacement for Cole, and much more creative and consistent than Ballack. Huge loss for Liverpool, but Liverpool have stated that Rafa agreed to release Yousi before he left for Inter. So Benitez continues to fuck things up for the scousers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I hope their owners pull out and leave them with masses of debt :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, we'll never know until we see the figures for their wage bill last season in comparison with next. Which won't be for over a year.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yaya Toure on £220k per week lol

Fucking insane isn't it? I expect a full on spendingfest from the dirty blues in the next few weeks, they are going to burn money to win the league and make what Roman spent a few years back look like an absolute pittance.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yaya was foreign playing in Spain so in that tiny tax bracket, if his tax is now doubled he must be on a fortune to give him the pay rise he would need to make playing for city worth it??

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yaya was foreign playing in Spain so in that tiny tax bracket, if his tax is now doubled he must be on a fortune to give him the pay rise he would need to make playing for city worth it??

Local radio is reporting those figures are accurate, confirmed by club insiders it seems. Talksport have also chased it up and seem convinced it is correct.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Local radio is reporting those figures are accurate, confirmed by club insiders it seems. Talksport have also chased it up and seem convinced it is correct.

It's surprising you don't go to Man City for the prestige of playing for Man City do you?

Same as Chel$ki back in the day Ballsack got 140k a week was it? which was well over Henry's wages at the time.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's surprising you don't go to Man City for the prestige of playing for Man City do you?

Same as Chel$ki back in the day Ballsack got 140k a week was it? which was well over Henry's wages at the time.
120 I believe, which is probably why we let him go. Our wage list should be a little bit healthier after this summer and will realistically break even atlast.

Man City on the other hand, they must be expecting massive losses, how on earth will they ever meet those financial regulations anytime soon?

soze

I am a FH squatter
120 I believe, which is probably why we let him go. Our wage list should be a little bit healthier after this summer and will realistically break even atlast.

Man City on the other hand, they must be expecting massive losses, how on earth will they ever meet those financial regulations anytime soon?

The owner will give them £10 million a month and add £10 millions worth of shares a month lol. Only way they could. Or get his company to sign a ridiculous sponsorship deal.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

You know what the best bit is? The owners think they can extend the stadium and fill it, yet they can't even fill the current one without doing cutprice offers. Every home game they are on Talksport flogging tickets because they haven't sold out. I am sure City fans will tell you that they are a massive club but the truth is that they aren't, they have a hardcore following but after that it is very flimsy and thier merchandise numbers are a joke. They don't have a good business there at the moment and it is going to take years to build one, there is no way they can meet any financial regulations without fiddling the books.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Glad you agree Chodaxx, i can tell your gf we dont have to sneak around anymore now!:)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Fucking insane isn't it? I expect a full on spendingfest from the dirty blues in the next few weeks, they are going to burn money to win the league and make what Roman spent a few years back look like an absolute pittance.

And yet the players they are signing are distinctly 'B list'. No World Class player will want to go there and play in the Europa shitty league. Okay they have Robinho but he hates the place.

Also Mancini does not have the reputation or the ability to handle all those egos, he will be gone by around Christmas.

Good article here by the way:

Talking Transfers: City Put Their Faith In Numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom