Football The 2009/2010 Season Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You know what the best bit is? The owners think they can extend the stadium and fill it, yet they can't even fill the current one without doing cutprice offers. Every home game they are on Talksport flogging tickets because they haven't sold out. I am sure City fans will tell you that they are a massive club but the truth is that they aren't, they have a hardcore following but after that it is very flimsy and thier merchandise numbers are a joke. They don't have a good business there at the moment and it is going to take years to build one, there is no way they can meet any financial regulations without fiddling the books.

their plan is to use viral marketing to attract new fans. They saw how it worked in the console wars. Aada now has two employers.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I dont know David Silva is world class if you ask me and haven't they got him?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Some players won't ever move from europe to the UK. It's all about being in your comfort zone regardless of the clubs that come knocking. That and City aint in the champions league!

Turamber

Part of the furniture

Silva looks exciting, but he's nowhere near World Class. He will also take some acclimatising to the Premier League, could be another Robinho?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Silva looks exciting, but he's nowhere near World Class. He will also take some acclimatising to the Premier League, could be another Robinho?

Hes injury prone too.

But fit and accomodated to EPL? Candidate for player of the year, i warn you.

Gray

FH is my second home
Shockingly bad admin error there. Not many places reporting though i think, so he might decide to stay with Everton overall, if not, disapointing, but at least it wasnt Rodwell.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm Barcelona needed a £125 million loan to pay the players wages? That ain't a good sign, where did all thier money go?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Hmm Barcelona needed a £125 million loan to pay the players wages? That ain't a good sign, where did all thier money go?

erm what money?

They made about 8 million in the year of the treble after paying out what they owed!! and last year it increased to about 9/10 million if I am not mistaken.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The president that was leaving spent 40mil on Villa and his replacement has to sell a player and get a loan just to pay the bills that's a joke right there. At least big premier league debt is serviceable. Apart form Chel$ki and Liverpool and Man City ok at least some premier league debt is serviceable lol ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
erm what money?

They made about 8 million in the year of the treble after paying out what they owed!! and last year it increased to about 9/10 million if I am not mistaken.

That is just madness, a massive stadium, turdloads of TV money, prize money and huge following that buy merchandise. How on earth can they only be turning 8 million profits? United as a club are on a similair scale and before the Glazers game in we did around 50 million every year even without winning the CL.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
That is just madness, a massive stadium, turdloads of TV money, prize money and huge following that buy merchandise. How on earth can they only be turning 8 million profits? United as a club are on a similair scale and before the Glazers game in we did around 50 million every year even without winning the CL.

There's something not quite right there, cuz theyr the 2nd club by incomes according to BBC

BBC News - Real Madrid top football rich list for fifth year

:ninja:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
One thing they don't get is sponsorship money as they give all shirt sales to Unicef or something?

soze

I am a FH squatter
One thing they don't get is sponsorship money as they give all shirt sales to Unicef or something?

I don't think they pay them but Barce have never had a paid sponsor on the shirts so by putting Unicef on there they are giving them £Xm a seasons worth of free advertising.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That's revenue, not profit.

Also: Marc; HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sounds like buying success isn't working out for them :)

Yes but it is an insane amount of revenue and not all of thier players are on massive wages. There is something not right at Barcelona, those numbers do not make sense.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They probably spend an absolute fuckload on their academy. Also Barcelona aren't just a football team, i'm sure some of their other projects cost a bit.

Not to mention they've been amongst the top 2-3 spenders in the world for the past 10+ years.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1278516733725.jpg

Marc

FH is my second home
I don't think they pay them but Barce have never had a paid sponsor on the shirts so by putting Unicef on there they are giving them £Xm a seasons worth of free advertising.

We pay unicef an amount each year.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Lorik Cana leaves Sunderland and leaves me needing a new sig...

Talivar

Part of the furniture
They wanted a 4 year deal but he refused and wanted a lifetime one:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom