The 1.81b TOA poll! :)

Have Mythic done the right thing making TOA easy?

• Yes!

Votes: 384 82.6%
  • No!

Votes: 71 15.3%
  • I have no opinion on the matter.

Votes: 10 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Lvl 50 RM fully toaed inc soon >.< MLF ftw.

This patch is great to keep the game alive. for those who support RvR side of the game.

I dont wanna tell PvErs to fuck off and play some PvE game or whatever but the fact remains that this game wouldnt be alive if it wasnt for its addictive and well made PvP system. Its outstanding we love to hate it dont we? :)

The fun part of the patch is that is a PvE patch that actually destroys for the PvErs and helps the non PvErs :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Camlann n00bs inc!

<3 this patch, means alot less work for ALOT of people; I know myself and some others are sick of ToA since camping for 20 hours over and over isn't fun anymore.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone want to bet the minority of votes that claim this as a bad thing are the farmers that charge 50p per item? :sex:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Anyone want to bet the minority of votes that claim this as a bad thing are the farmers that charge 50p per item? :sex:
I'll take that bet.
I voted that it was a bad thing (reasons given above) and I don't farm items.

Besides it won't affect the farmers all that much. Sure they won't be able to farm artis and if all scrolls have the same chance to drop and have higher drop rates overall then there won't be that much money in scrolls but that still leaves all the other rare static drops that are apparently 'needed' before you're allowed to go and RvR. I can't see in the patch notes where it says we'll all be given a free immolated ring when we log on for example and with most people spending less time randomly farming in ToA, it stands to reason that there will be less of the uber drops available meaning that those who do nothing but farm will control the market even more than they do now.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Besides it won't affect the farmers all that much. Sure they won't be able to farm artis and if all scrolls have the same chance to drop and have higher drop rates overall then there won't be that much money in scrolls but that still leaves all the other rare static drops that are apparently 'needed' before you're allowed to go and RvR. I can't see in the patch notes where it says we'll all be given a free immolated ring when we log on for example and with most people spending less time randomly farming in ToA, it stands to reason that there will be less of the uber drops available meaning that those who do nothing but farm will control the market even more than they do now.

That's exactly what i've been thinking. Eventhough you only need credit now for the encounters they will still be "camped". Sure you can just join for credit, but no way is the "normal" player going to be able to once and a while do the encounter to actually get the rare drop he/she might need.
And if it drops for those farmers, i don't even want to think of the prices they are going to put it up for! :eek7:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I think the changes are pretty damn excellent for a few reasons.

TOA today in its current state is nothing but a drag, its boring, dull and for me it is ultimately a huge waste of time.

Sure, I like hard PVE but the thing is, 99.9% of TOA isnt in any way hard PVE these days, everything can be done with numbers, and that to me doesnt equal out that it is hard, its simply a matter of breaking through a mobs specific tohitcode mostly, most things can be done by a solid full group or by usage of extreme amounts of pets.

I remember when I started out with TOA, what we did was that we shroomed our way through it all with ease, I wouldnt call that highendPVE at all.

I think that highendPVE is quite rare in DAoC actually, there are some encounters that are very hard if you do them with small numbers, and you dont need a massive tohit to be able to damage the mob so it means that you can finish it off if you can keep up the healing/rezzing and also a constant DPS that is larger than a mobs selfhealing.

I'd say like this:

If an encounter requires that you move around protect on healers that do complete heals, and make usage of constant intercepts aswell as switching around guard and other methods of defense in order to keep a group alive, then we are talking about fun PVE, it probably means that you are walking on the edge to failure and have to play at the best to beat a specific mob. That for me is highendPVE. I've played since beta now (which means I have played with alooot of people) and tbh, sadly most people just suck totally in PVE, most have no clue whatsoever what aggrocode is, or how to handle it well, most tanks dont realise how protect works and many doesnt even use guard by default, they dont use intercept and many healers have no idea what overhealing actually is, i've seen so many just toss a spreadheals on a massively damaged group, when they are 100 units away from the mobs.. and then whine on tanks for not keeping aggro, I find it amusing :)

The conclusion is quite simple, I think its a matter of interest really, if one truly like hard PVE, you learn the factors that are involved and get good at it, once you know the mechanics behind different mobs and how the abilitys of the toons work when using them in a PVEencounter, learn to time things well and grats, you are a master of PVE.

If we take the above and apply it on TOA, at least I realise that the PVE involved with TOA has nothing to do with highendPVE at all, it is a few hard mobs that a majority of the players zerg down in massive raids to make it fast and safe, we also have the dreaded scrollfarming, this is more a matter of time spent and nothing else, you will get the scroll needed if you kill X number of mobs, or you can trade it with other scrolls you got, or simply buy them.
Then we have the actual artifact, a drop as any other drop really, sadly some artifacts are today considered to be a must since they are too good to pass on which leads to camping which isnt a good thing in my book, I dont like the fact that someone who have 10h per day to spend on the game has a massive advantage over a casual player and also in many cases ruin the casual players experience (since the casual has no chanse of ever gettin the drop himself because of campers, only way is to buy it from the camper instead) in a game like DAoC where at least I believe that the PvP is the mainincentive to actually play the game. My reasoning behind that is based on the fact that I dont consider DAoCs PVE to be good enough to be called highend in general.
Ok, so we have the scrolls, the artifact and assuming we got credit we now move on to the funny leveling of it.. this part is also nothing but dull and a waste of time, some artis level at a reasonable speed such as battler (at which all artis will lvl at in 1.81 I think, might be wrong but no arti will lvl slower than battler afaik), this isnt highendPVE in any form, its pure boring grinding and I cant believe anyone ever think this is fun.

1.81 means faster scrollfarming, faster leveling of the artis, artifacts are easier to finish and many encounters are easened up (they are already easy but..) so even a gimped pickupgroup can manage to complete it, which is all good! Since that means that they can go and RvR instead of grinding in PvE for months, loose interest and leave the game like soooo many have done already so far. This is a massive improvement to DAoC imo, for the reasons I have tried to explain in this post.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I voted yes, I like these changes. I am mainly a PvE'er, I agree with what the poster above says. I consider myself a skilled healer when it comes to PvE (I suck at RvR though :p) and really enjoy a good hard challenge. I don't want to have to kill Danos 27 times so that my chars and my friends characters all have GoV. I don't want to spend endless hours farming mobs just to get the scrolls to activate my artifacts. And I hate zerging the mobs just to kill them.

I don't see that any of the changes will take away from the PvE challenge of the game - all it takes away is the endless camping spawn spots, endless grinding to get scrolls, and then endless grinding to level up the arties.

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
I have a rr5 healer with ml6, I don't play him much because i'm more of a casual player these days and doing ML's is a bit of a hitty missy thing, so to get fully TOA'ed a bit quicker will be great. I feel for the peeps who have spent months and lots of plats on getting kitted with the best but TOA imho was/is a waste of time for casual players and a change was needed.
I think the changes are the best thing in the game for a long while.:cheers:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

This is probably the best post i've read in a long time from the rvr'ers viewpoint. It's nice to finally hear someone come up with an argument better than you want PvE, you sux! and I would probably agree that something should change from the way it used to be. I guess my problem with the patch is mythic decided to change TOA and as such had a chance to do 1 of 2 things.

a) make it more like the PvE you describe, which I think would be a good step
b) make it even more like the PvE you found boring and repetative (i.e. zerging mobs), but slightly less of it.

Unfortunately mythic went for option B. :(

While the casual player may find getting all the arti's easier, I can't help feeling that once they have them, they will very quickly realise that it wasn't because they didn't have a GOV, that they couldn't compete in RVR. It will help the hardcore players get there 6th level 50 TOA'ed faster sure, but that's hardly what I would call, balancing out the game.

One of the big issues with being competetive in RvR is that casual players are low RR and hardcore players are high RR. If you look at what a new player has to go through to get to be able to RvR then everyone says level to 50, then get TOA'ed.

Many people fail to realise in these discussions that being RR1 in rogs at ML0 is in many fight no different to being RR1 in a fully TOA'ed template at ML10. If you don't enjoy RvR in your cheap easy to get template, your not going to enjoy it much more with 5 arti's thrown in there.

Arti's are seen as must have's just because the hardcore would refuse to RvR without them. These are the same people who refuse to go out in less than a perfect opted group with exactly the right classes however. If you tell a casual player that you don't want there arms in your group they need to have a merc, they whine at you for being l33t, then go off and complain that they can't have fun if they don't have GOV.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
I guess my problem with the patch is mythic decided to change TOA and as such had a chance to do 1 of 2 things.

a) make it more like the PvE you describe, which I think would be a good step
b) make it even more like the PvE you found boring and repetative (i.e. zerging mobs), but slightly less of it.

Unfortunately mythic went for option B. :(

Yea but, at least they do something, right? ;) I prefer this change over leaving things as they are pre1.81. Think positive! ^^

Golena said:
While the casual player may find getting all the arti's easier, I can't help feeling that once they have them, they will very quickly realise that it wasn't because they didn't have a GOV, that they couldn't compete in RVR. It will help the hardcore players get there 6th level 50 TOA'ed faster sure, but that's hardly what I would call, balancing out the game.

You do have a point here but, a really good template makes a world of difference for most archetypes of toons, I believe that pretty much anyone with half a brain can learn to make a macro for /assist just to at least get going in RvR, I also believe that once you suddenly perform abit better thanks to better gear and MLs, RVR might suddenly become more interesting since a whole new world opens up that the player maybe never even have seen before except in those cool RvRmovies. Join up with a good guild that both RvR and PvE and go train, train, train, train, get good in RvR and learn how things actually works in RvR. If you find RvR fun at alittle higher lvl than RoGequipped PuG's, you can wander on and get a rep as a good player, and after some time, who knows, you might even be invited to a solid RVRguild. This requires alot of work, time and devotion. One can start a RvRgrp by oneself with friends and just work on it until it get better and better, or try to join others in the quest for the realmranks. The important thing here is, that guy, he wouldnt even get a shot at it in RoG's, his toon underperforms and wont be invited to RvRgrps as much, if ever. I've been an active RVRplayer for years now and Ive lead grps and guilds and also been part (still am!) of a solid RVRguild and tbh, I would never, ever invite a guy in Oceanusgear into a RVRgrp I run. Sad but thats the harsch truth. I think I speak for a majority of RVRguilds when saying this. Why do I do this? Because I hate to loose, I want to win, I want my grp to play well and do their best out there, that means, they have to be in good gear, otherwise they cannot do their best. The toon still have more to give if you lack good gear and MLs. RR otoh isnt as bad imo, I have been low RR with alot of toons and I know that all that is needed is a chanse and time to rise in RR's. Yes, I equal out RR = time spent in RVR. RR for me isnt automatically a good player, he can be total shit, but he played it for years and got there with time. Kudos to him/her for sticking with the char imo.

Basically, what Im saying is: Sure, it doesnt balance the game but, it do give more players a chanse at gettin some fun going in RvR. Which is what we all are after in the end, well, most of us anyhow, some just have a twisted perverted view of what RvR actually is (imo).

Golena said:
One of the big issues with being competetive in RvR is that casual players are low RR and hardcore players are high RR. If you look at what a new player has to go through to get to be able to RvR then everyone says level to 50, then get TOA'ed.

Yep, this is quite right, even tho, even the high RR was once low RR and if they have half a brain, they too realise that just because a guy is rr5, it wont mean hes an asshole or an idiot, at least he has TOAgear and seem nice, why not give him a chanse for the evening and see how things goes, i've done this a ton of times. If a RVRgrp is so egocentric that they ignore everybody else that isnt rr10.. well, let them live in their own little fairyland imo, if if its fun for them, just dont bother with them is my advice. We are all different.

Golena said:
Many people fail to realise in these discussions that being RR1 in rogs at ML0 is in many fight no different to being RR1 in a fully TOA'ed template at ML10. If you don't enjoy RvR in your cheap easy to get template, your not going to enjoy it much more with 5 arti's thrown in there.

And I disagree here, rr1 at ML0 or rr1, toad, ML10 is a massive difference for many classes, its night and day. Some classes are less in need of MLs, but most actually need them.

Golena said:
Arti's are seen as must have's just because the hardcore would refuse to RvR without them. These are the same people who refuse to go out in less than a perfect opted group with exactly the right classes however. If you tell a casual player that you don't want there arms in your group they need to have a merc, they whine at you for being l33t, then go off and complain that they can't have fun if they don't have GOV.

It is in human nature to gear up and be prepared if you are a competative person, in a game like DAoC where the RvR actually means that you have to KILL your opponents, well, let me put it like this, I dont find it strange that people race gearwise to get best possible before heading out to fight ;)

Classdifferences are a totally different matter and if im reading 1.81c right, armsmen wont be so bad at all :D Have some faith.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Yea but, at least they do something, right? ;) I prefer this change over leaving things as they are pre1.81. Think positive! ^^

I agree that trying something is a good step :)

Shike said:
You do have a point here but, a really good template makes a world of difference for most archetypes of toons

Shike said:
And I disagree here, rr1 at ML0 or rr1, toad, ML10 is a massive difference for many classes, its night and day.

I'm not going to argue one bit on your two points here. The difference between a char in ROGs and a char in a fully TOA'ed kit is a world of difference. My point was more that you'll still die to the fully TOA'ed RR9 and 10 chars (i.e. the hardcore players) and the people you could kill before because they were also in ROG's will now also be arti'ed up. While your char will be much more effective, so will the enemy's you actually stand a chance of killing, so the net result is going to be much the same. The difference of course is you now need to do the TOA pve to get to the baseline level for casual chars. It all boils down the the fact that casual players will very rarely compete with hardcore players at MMORPG's, casual players can compete with other casual players however.

Shike said:
I've been an active RVRplayer for years now and Ive lead grps and guilds and also been part (still am!) of a solid RVRguild and tbh, I would never, ever invite a guy in Oceanusgear into a RVRgrp I run. Sad but thats the harsch truth. I think I speak for a majority of RVRguilds when saying this.

I think many of the reasons that people don't invite people in ROG's into RvR groups isn't just because they don't have 7% style bonus. In old frontiers the same low RR people had difficulty getting groups. If everyone is wearing GOV, the filtering criteria will slowly change to something else, and this could well be RR. It's not about the gear, it's the fact that the char in ROG's is probably a casual player with less game knowledge and dedication than the person standing next to him.

Shike said:
This requires alot of work, time and devotion.

I think this is the line that holds most true. The people who put in the effort and were devoted to getting here have got TOA done already.

You've made some very good points, however i'm still very skeptical that this is the golden grail that will let everyone RVR equally that many people seem to be proclaiming it as. I can't find a single item in the patch notes that suggests getting from ML0->ML10 will be any faster or easier, and getting a good template will take almost the same amount of time as inflation on the non-arti drops is bound to be insane!

I'm also bored camping a non-arti mob for a drop I need, which is probably why i'm typing so much crap :clap:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
I agree that trying something is a good step :)

we agree! ^^

Golena said:
I'm not going to argue one bit on your two points here. The difference between a char in ROGs and a char in a fully TOA'ed kit is a world of difference. My point was more that you'll still die to the fully TOA'ed RR9 and 10 chars (i.e. the hardcore players) and the people you could kill before because they were also in ROG's will now also be arti'ed up. While your char will be much more effective, so will the enemy's you actually stand a chance of killing, so the net result is going to be much the same. The difference of course is you now need to do the TOA pve to get to the baseline level for casual chars. It all boils down the the fact that casual players will very rarely compete with hardcore players at MMORPG's, casual players can compete with other casual players however.

Vs rr9 or 10grps etc, well, vs a good solid grp of that RR a GG dies too, if they dont play well, its a constant fight between the hardcoregrps out there, some win, some loose, only difference is that a unexperienced PuG has quite little chanse to win a fight like that, difference however will be, in bad gear a rr9caster will nuke for capdamage, with a solid template, he will do less damage and perhaps not kill you in 2-3nukes. If you also have a demoralizing tank in the grp the nukes will be like wet noodles for a while. When we started on Merlin we was fighting vs rr11+ grps with our rr3grp, and we actually won some of those fights, we lost too ofc but mainthing is that, without the months we spent in PVE before RVR, we wouldnt stand a chanse in hell to even come close to winning. Those months will be shortened down with quite abit and thats important. I see it like this, you are right in the fact that the baselinelevel will increase but, the highest level still remains intact, they already got the best gear and all MLs, it brings up the casual a notch at least, which isnt bad imo. If Mythic now took all RAs and toned down the active ones, and adjusted passives abit, it would be even less difference which wouldnt be bad either. (imo anyways) It would mean that, to win you need to play well, you wont be able to just pop active RAs that make your grp 10 times harder to beat. BoF3, DI3, SB3, AM3 and such RAs are all very powerful and those are often what wins a fight along with a higher experience in RVR. Higher experience should be what matters most, not abilitys. In other words, I think the RAsystem we have had since we got RAs is too powerful, even after Mythic tried to tone things down and made everything cost a ton but but... that is another issue that would make too many HCplayers cry their eyes out (incase of nerfs) so it will probably never happen.

Golena said:
I think many of the reasons that people don't invite people in ROG's into RvR groups isn't just because they don't have 7% style bonus. In old frontiers the same low RR people had difficulty getting groups. If everyone is wearing GOV, the filtering criteria will slowly change to something else, and this could well be RR. It's not about the gear, it's the fact that the char in ROG's is probably a casual player with less game knowledge and dedication than the person standing next to him.

Not just 7% stylebonus. Can take up a really good example here, when we started to play on Merlin we ran different setups and came to the conclusion that Mercs are nice to have, so we invited a rr9merc from a "respected" guild and ran that night with him in grp, over the evening I thought it seemed like he hit quite loose compared to my own merc so I started talking to him abit to find out why, turns out the guy had 1712 WS (not wyrdspecced..), as a merc, he died very fast to SMs since he had 6% cold, his average damage with mainhand with same weapons as I use was nearly 40% lower and I was rr3, he rr9. I mean, he had a really really shitty template. We have never ran with him again either.. So you see, its not just only RR that matters, it is not the items you have, its all a combination that makes a good toon. Im aware of this and so are quite many others I think, some week ago we invited a merc and a cleric from a "roleplayerguild", they was both rr4 and we ran all evening, that merc was ML10, with a good template but he knew how to assist and was overall a very nice chap, he hit for good damage and was a decent enough player, we have ran more with both him and his wife.

See what Im trying to say? :>

Golena said:
You've made some very good points, however i'm still very skeptical that this is the golden grail that will let everyone RVR equally that many people seem to be proclaiming it as. I can't find a single item in the patch notes that suggests getting from ML0->ML10 will be any faster or easier, and getting a good template will take almost the same amount of time as inflation on the non-arti drops is bound to be insane!

It will not make everyone equal, nothing will since we all have different goals in the game :) I saw that they put in djinns to some dungeons, ml1-3 is already very easy to complete, ml4.2 will be easier, some other stuff will be easier too. Overall it will be faster to complete I think, time will tell :> And yea, perhaps drops will cost alil more but dont forget many mobs that drops them will be easier to kill too. 1.81 is at least a step in the right way which is all I claim it to be.

Golena said:
I'm also bored camping a non-arti mob for a drop I need, which is probably why i'm typing so much crap :clap:

Crap and crap, dno if I agree about that, its far more interesting to read than the +1posts ^^

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
ml1-3 is already very easy to complete, ml4.2 will be easier, some other stuff will be easier too. Overall it will be faster to complete I think, time will tell :>

Yup back at mr mob again :(

Last weekend I ran ML 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8. It took a total of 12 hours.
The thing about this is that at no point (well maybe once at 6.9:D ) did I think.. this is taking so long, I wish the mob/step was easier. Almost all the time was spent simply running from one mob to another.
They are making the ML's easier sure, I think at the end of the day all that means is another 20% of the BG will be AFK during the raids. If anything this is more likely to slow them up.

Listerine

Fledgling Freddie
Think this patch is gonna keep more people interested in the game as it will not take 6 months to toa a char lol. with DR comming out it wud overall be too much PvE and some people play more than 1 char.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Listerine said:
Think this patch is gonna keep more people interested in the game as it will not take 6 months to toa a char lol. with DR comming out it wud overall be too much PvE and some people play more than 1 char.

6 months??

My latest paladin has 3 days /played.

I'm level 49 and have complete credit for 6 of the 10 ML's. I've seen very few reasons to suggest the new patch would make this much faster.

If you couldn't get your char ML'ed before the patch, you won't after it either!
Do you even know what PvE Darkness Rising requires you to do?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well Golena that would mean you PL'ed to 40+ to attain a serie of ML raids or 1 big raid to do them all on the same day.
Alot of people don't want to PvE 3 whole real life days to get level 50 and some ML's and then to farm scrolls, farm artifacts and get to ML10 then look around for MP armour and a SC'er and you are about 6 months further.
Specially Artifacts which can take months upon months (CS for instance) as most of them are 24/7 camped by people who either want to make mad cash with the artifacts or they are farming all the RoGs from the encounter.

Patch 1.81 will make sure nobody will bump into an Artifact camper ever again which means that you can get all the artifacts alot faster maybe even in 1 day instead of a month or something, add in the scroll drop change and you got a drastic decrease of time that it takes to 'go through ToA'.

All in all it's of course own peoples opinion about it I can understand that the artifact campers will be angry as their main source of income will be killed and the big raid leaders might not like the ML changes so they become easier but lets be fair here it doesn't take 1 bit of skill to complete a ML it's just plain zerging which of course the raid leader has to keep the zerg in line which is the only hard part(very hard part sometimes ;)) but MLs are not challenging atleast not for me and I think alot of people think about them likewise.
I hope DR will bring some challenging and fun PvE though I doubt PvE will ever be hard(or fun for that matter) in DAoC and farming scrolls or getting artifacts is not hard it's just so much time consuming.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Listerine said:

DR=0 PvE almost if you want it that way.

Talk to the king to become a champion of the realm
RvR for CLxp
Ding CL2 to unlock weapon
Ding CL5 to unlock it 100% so you can use procs etc

Done.

Or

Talk to the King
Talk to the questguy in throneroom
Quest like mad (actually these quests aint bad at all, quite cool some of them with new instances etc.. i found it interesting at least)
Quest some more for CLxp
Kill alot of mobs for CLxp
Ding etc..etc
Do a small quest for epic mounts

Done.

Pretty much like that, I think alot of people have misunderstood what DR actually is. You can choose how you prefer to get your CLxp, RvR pays of very well and an active RVRperson will ding CL5 very fast, if you choose to just grind mobs it takes about 10h in TD's with high speed of XPflow.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Alot of people don't want to PvE 3 whole real life days to get level 50 and some ML's and then to farm scrolls, farm artifacts and get to ML10 then look around for MP armour and a SC'er and you are about 6 months further.

Please point at the patch change that will mean people now don't have to play for 3 whole real life days to get level 50 and some ML's. This is exacly my point! People are cheering at the end of TOA, yet the ML's are going to take EXACTLY the same amount of time. There's zero change in the time it will take you to get to ML10, just now the zerg will be completely unchallenged while doing it.
The only thing that is faster is obtaining artifacts, and that will probably be balanced out by the increase of prices/campers at non-arti drops that are required to make a competative template.

If you didn't roll an alt before the patch because it took 3 days, your not going to roll one afterwards.

People who think camping cloudsong for 24 hours is the only way to get it are people who haven't bothered to use their brains, but instead go to the spawn point, see a necro and give up. They could quite easily of upped the spawn time of Eremei to once every hour, or put him in an instance. Both would probably of got rid of the camping problem, without just making it a zerg with 100 people meights, TOA done woot!

Andrilyn said:
All in all it's of course own peoples opinion about it I can understand that the artifact campers will be angry as their main source of income will be killed.

Demon blood ring/immolated ring/ML9 drops etc etc. There's plenty of stuff the campers can charge a small fortune for.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Golena said:
They are making the ML's easier sure, I think at the end of the day all that means is another 20% of the BG will be AFK during the raids. If anything this is more likely to slow them up.
On the contrary, easier steps mean you need less people to do them (i disagree with making them easier as they are easy enough as it is).
Needing less people means the bg leader can afford to kick afks as he/she simply doesnt need them. I generally remove anyone who is reported by their grp as being afk anyway as i regard them as useless and a waste of a slot in the bg.
People who have been on my raids will know about my afk removing methods
ahh the wonders of ml6 :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
Demon blood ring/immolated ring/ML9 drops etc etc. There's plenty of stuff the campers can charge a small fortune for.

All those items can be camped but I hardly doubt people are waiting in line to camp things like Demon blood ring (which is last time I checked into a hard to get area).
If I could buy an artifact, buy the scrolls and activate the artifact I wouldn't mind artifact campers as I will just buy everything I need off the CM but there is one little problem with artifacts, you need credit.
I don't need credit for a Demon Blood Ring, I don't need credit for an Immolation ring and I don't need credit for ML9 drops which means I can just buy them and be done with it.
So if people decide to camp those items I can only see that as a good thing for the realm and for the people like me who rather watch paint dry then do the mindless PvE, as with artifacts this is not possible and I _have_ to camp it.

I know alot of people will say something like "Well this is a MMORPG which means alot of PvE so just go through with it" I know it is and if DAoC PvE was somewhat challenging, fun or that I had a feeling that I actually accomplished something by killing millions of red/purple con mobs to ding 50 then sure by all means would I do it without 1 bit of whine but I don't know about other people but pulling brainless (Yes they are suppose to have an Artificial Intelligence but that is hardly noticable in DAoC now is it) mobs for 5 hours on is not my idea of fun or challenging or anything but plain dull boring.
9 out of the 10 mobs in DAoC don't even have somesort of special abilities and if they do they just randomly spam it without anyform of intelligence.

Bottom line is for me and many others the PvE part is just time consuming without adding anykind of challenge or satishfaction(sp?) other than thinking "thank god that's over" which makes it a job to do while it should be fun.
I for one wouldn't be bothered 1 bit if they added a /level 50 command, sure it will make sure there wont be comming any new players but with the advertising DAoC gets that won't matter anyway.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Yshynsin said:
I think personally that the artifact changes where a good idea, not everyone has serv necro fop bot and mincer to kill gov and cs etc, will be alot easier now.

For the ML items to be bought i think this is stupid and will ruin the ML's

I dont have any of those and I managed to toa up 3 chars so far

Skirne

Fledgling Freddie
I consider myself more lazy than the average player. I will probably afk on every raid I attent. This means the patch will benefit me more that it will benefit the average player.

Go Mythic!

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Patch looks good. Toa is grind, any less grind is a plus.

2 key changes mentioned by Andrilyn and others

1) Camping artifacts and selling them.

Theres quite a few guys on the Hib cluster that chain kill artifact encounters and flog the stuff. Thats fine, except people have to have credit. Cloudsong is always down, respawn is what 2 days?

Wouldn't it be nice to just go to an encounter with your char, ask in guild chat can you help with Cloudsong and 3-4 people come and help and you can do it. Think that was the intention of the game, interaction, not person xx with 4 accounts and 4 farming toons going round screwing everything over. Someone told me some idiot chain killed SOK mob so they could flog the arti as its value is increased by being enabled as a thrust large weapon, giving access to all 3 damage types on Hib. (not an every time drop either afaik) No-one can get it and even organised raids come and find encounter down. The whole system is flawed. You go to an encounter and are about to pull and billywiz yells invite me i need arti, people start arguing and la de da, billywizz might get invited wants to roll and wins arti. Argue/argue la de da. Ok lets do it another day. So between you you all work out due to real life (yes it exists) that a week on Tuesday you will go there at 7pm. Get there and guess what its a) down, b) randomxxx is killing it wont give credit c) its bugged d) you enter another roll with 4 more people.

Seriously what fun is that?

Goa should implement this patch as soon as the Americans do it will return more absent customers to the game than any cosmetic tricks.

2) Exping artifacts in rvr zones.

Everywhere is camped, I'm serious, every spot everywhere is camped, even behind the frigging relic gates. That doesnt include RR11 idiots logging in(presumably having bots close by) hiding their stats and killing people who do get a chance to hit the odd mob.

I have 5 (6 if i want more madness) artifacts to level on one char, 2 level in SI, 1 in toa and the others in mainland or dungeons. All 5 level in the frontier. I could do to SI but only 2 will level....

Its a great change this and GOA should ask mythic to patch this aspect in immediately, like they did with fixing speed in combat not too long ago.

Seriously, queuing, arguing, griefing to bash buttons solidly for hours and hours thats all it is.

Not arguing about anything else as sometimes really good high end challenging pve can be okay as Shike mentioned, but the odd time only. ;)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
every toon is duplicate of another toon, hence they should add new textures to this game asap.

every friggin' bm looks like my ranjur :<

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
It amuses me that a large proportion of the population still don't understand the basics of economy drivers.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tuorin said:
Not arguing about anything else as sometimes really good high end challenging pve can be okay as Shike mentioned, but the odd time only. ;)

Tss, admit it, you love Galladoria!!! hehe

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
It amuses me that a large proportion of the population still don't understand the basics of economy drivers.

Someone posted saying the new patch meant I would be able to get all items for 10 gold now!!

It MUST be true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom