Thanks GoA!! (Story Inside)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kadayn said:
How do you know that? GoA can't check that information, data protection act m8.

maybe someone in goa bought a cheat off him, paypal will give you the address and ebay will show you the email address. now cross reference this information for similiarities in your subscriber database and the ban stick cometh...

doesn't have to do anything with the DPA.

stupid people do stupid things..

:m00:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... or perhaps he mentioned it ingame to someone too.....

Trust me - I know from talking in person to Kemor that the GMs do not ban people unless they are absolutely sure of guilt. Just because they won't go public with how they gather the information doesn't mean they don't do it.

Those of you who would rather bury your heads in the sand to thoughts like this and just carry on GOA-bashing, feel free.

Kadayn

Banned
scorge said:
maybe someone in goa bought a cheat off him, paypal will give you the address and ebay will show you the email address. now cross reference this information for similiarities in your subscriber database and the ban stick cometh...

doesn't have to do anything with the DPA.

stupid people do stupid things..

I don't think they have the power or the right to do that. Who knows what happened, just from reading a few of your posts on this thread you look the stupid one.

Jupitus said:
... or perhaps he mentioned it ingame to someone too.....

Trust me - I know from talking in person to Kemor that the GMs do not ban people unless they are absolutely sure of guilt. Just because they won't go public with how they gather the information doesn't mean they don't do it.

Those of you who would rather bury your heads in the sand to thoughts like this and just carry on GOA-bashing, feel free.
It has to be proof on paper though? Anyone could make an account on ebay with the name Jupitus and sell cheats. Then GoA banned them as well?

And again what as Sentimos done? GoA obviously hates Gimmly or shall I say the GMs as GoA know nothing about it.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Kadayn said:
I don't think they have the power or the right to do that. Who knows what happened, just from reading a few of your posts on this thread you look the stupid one.

It has to be proof on paper though? Anyone could make an account on ebay with the name Jupitus and sell cheats. Then GoA banned them as well?

And again what as Sentimos done? GoA obviously hates Gimmly or shall I say the GMs as GoA know nothing about it.

Erm..

If someone used the msn name Jupitus.. and the adress didnt trace to the grumpy old man on these forums ( muahah :p) they could hardly ban _THE_ jupitus xD

Kadayn

Banned
Infanity said:
Erm..

If someone used the msn name Jupitus.. and the adress didnt trace to the grumpy old man on these forums ( muahah :p) they could hardly ban _THE_ jupitus xD
Don't worry your from Newcastle, I won't expect you know how to read.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Kadayn said:

No - but heck, it gives them a great clue where to start looking..... for example:

1) GM spots DAOC cheats on sale in Europe by someone with mail address 'uberbigbeast'at'yahoo.com'.

2) They have a player in the database called 'uberbigbeast', so they check the background

3) Checking logs they find PMs from 'uberbigbeast' explaining to 'customerA' how to activate the cheat they just bought.

Get the idea?

Just like they might search on ebay for someone selling characters... someone is selling a RR8 Minstrel with xxx and yyy stuff, also a RR3 blah and a RR2 blah blah... they look in their database and find one account with that combo of characters... do they ban it? No... they look into it in detail, and then suddenley wow, in their chat logs they see PMs from the person selling replying to questions about how they can pay them etc etc etc... alternatively, they wait for the ebay auction to end, and watch for sudden change of IP, change of billing, change of subs pass and so on.... you guys are really bloody dumb if you don't think GOA have ways to check on what people are up to... :rolleyes:

Kadayn

Banned
Jupitus said:
No - but heck, it gives them a great clue where to start looking..... for example:

1) GM spots DAOC cheats on sale in Europe by someone with mail address 'uberbigbeast'at'yahoo.com'.

2) They have a player in the database called 'uberbigbeast', so they check the background

3) Checking logs they find PMs from 'uberbigbeast' explaining to 'customerA' how to activate the cheat they just bought.

Get the idea?

Just like they might search on ebay for someone selling characters... someone is selling a RR8 Minstrel with xxx and yyy stuff, also a RR3 blah and a RR2 blah blah... they look in their database and find one account with that combo of characters... do they ban it? No... they look into it in detail, and then suddenley wow, in their chat logs they see PMs from the person selling replying to questions about how they can pay them etc etc etc... alternatively, they wait for the ebay auction to end, and watch for sudden change of IP, change of billing, change of subs pass and so on.... you guys are really bloody dumb if you don't think GOA have ways to check on what people are up to... :rolleyes:
Yes but the eBay user name is not the same as the character name? And I don't think Gimmly would have said it in game again. People learn from there mistakes.

I make an ebay account with the name Jupitus or jup12fh etc and a similar e-mail, I can get you banned?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Kadayn said:
Don't worry your from Newcastle, I won't expect you know how to read.

So people from Newcastle can't read?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kadayn said:
Yes but the eBay user name is not the same as the character name? And I don't think Gimmly would have said it in game again. People learn from there mistakes.

I make an ebay account with the name Jupitus or jup12fh etc and a similar e-mail, I can get you banned?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dark-Age-of-C...ryZ41011QQssPageNameZWD3VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=57961

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=58402&highlight=Gimmly+hacks

do the math, he is still trading cheats and hacks.. he didn't learn the first time

and no GoA dont just really on arbitary info like ebay usernames etc, and its not as if this was his first offence at doing this crap

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Simple.

In other words, if you play fair n square - by the rules - you've got nothing to worry about.

These idiots who sell cheats etc deserve permabans. They are, to quote Blackadder IV, "as guilty as a puppy next to a pile of poo"

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Kadayn said:

Only if at the same time you manage to steal my game login details, use my account in an incriminating way, match my IP address, use my CC or any of the other 'tell-tale' signs they would look for before banning someone.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Ban or not... GOA must pay him back for the remaining amount of time he has paid for even tho he is banned for whatever reason. Closing access to a customer without refund is only legal if: a) customer has accepted those terms by contract and b) custumer is a company. Given the fact its a game, I surely dont believe the dude is actually a company, so refund must be made in full ;)

Ohh, and I still doubt its legal to ban customers even tho a CoC or other rules of conduct says so... but never mind what I think ;)

Ohh, and Jupitor is right. There are million of ways to check for "evidence". I work at a hosting company myself and the trace logs for whatever our customers are doing on our servers are miles long ;)

Ohh, and didnt Rambo sell his account on ebay once? I surely saw both pictures and everything... And the new owner is still playing iirc ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
Only if at the same time you manage to steal my game login details, use my account in an incriminating way, match my IP address, use my CC or any of the other 'tell-tale' signs they would look for before banning someone.

game login
Username:- Hasselhoff6001
Password:- IwUbHoFF

*enables ghost mouse*

ip:-19.qq.qqq.qq

Credit card 4512 1245 6523 6523
security code 234

pictures
jupitus1.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been rumbled!!!!! :eek6:

Kadayn

Banned
scorge said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dark-Age-of-C...ryZ41011QQssPageNameZWD3VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=57961

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=58402&highlight=Gimmly+hacks

do the math, he is still trading cheats and hacks.. he didn't learn the first time

and no GoA dont just really on arbitary info like ebay usernames etc, and its not as if this was his first offence at doing this crap

Time left: 2 days 4 hours
3-day listing, Ends 21-Dec-05 17:51:52 GMT

Do the math. If I was him I would start selling them again heck I would give them away after what GoA just done, I was talking to him on IRC yesterday and he made 3 ML10s, 2 fully toaed and 1 48 bm toaed since the last ban. I would be pissed as well let alone banning his brother (real shame) which had completely nothing to do with him apart from play under the same roof.

Infanity said:
Thanks, You Geordie Racist shit!
Geordie's are just a chav with a gay accent. chav = council house and violence :worthy: :cheers: .

Jupitus said:
How can you get someone’s IP / CC off ebay? You think they are going to give them to GoA? Data protection act again you could sue GoA / Ebay for millions.

And what if you’re on a dynamic IP?

Shouldn't GoA concentrate on people cheating then going after people they dislike? Where my subs going to?

Say if you have 4 accounts, 2 each since the release of the game active say 50% of that time? 4x £8 a month or what ever that’s a hell of a lot of money and time / effort.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kadayn said:
Time left: 2 days 4 hours
3-day listing, Ends 21-Dec-05 17:51:52 GMT

Do the math. If I was him I would start selling them again heck I would give them away after what GoA just done,

He was selling them Again thats why he got banned Again

Kadayn said:
I would be pissed as well let alone banning his brother (real shame) which had completely nothing to do with him apart from play under the same roof.

I agree its a shame his brother got banned because he sharded the same address as him, still how does GoA know that his brother wont use the account? they dont. is it unfair on his brother, yes it probably is. Is it GoAs fault for the stupidity of his brother no.

It is not as if he wasn't warned about his actions, i would like to think that his brother would listen and have more influence from him in changing his attitude than GoA.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Kadayn said:
How can you get someone’s IP / CC off ebay? You think they are going to give them to GoA? Data protection act again you could sue GoA / Ebay for millions.

And what if you’re on a dynamic IP?

Shouldn't GoA concentrate on people cheating then going after people they dislike? Where my subs going to?

Say if you have 4 accounts, 2 each since the release of the game active say 50% of that time? 4x £8 a month or what ever that’s a hell of a lot of money and time / effort.

Kadayn, you are so full of shit it's untrue :rolleyes: Read what I put - I told you they only take the ebay as an indication someone may be up to no good, then base investigations around that - they don't need details from ebay if they subsequently find all the evidence they need in their own server logs.

As for whether GOA should concentrate on people cheating - concentrating on the source of the cheats, ie the seller, is doing that but in a far more proactive way.... sounds to me like you're just a GOA-basher for the fun of it and don't take rule-breaking very seriously at all... wouldn't suprise me if you were cheating yourself, given your apparent support for those who promote it :twak:

Kadayn

Banned
scorge said:
He was selling them Again thats why he got banned Again

I agree its a shame his brother got banned because he sharded the same address as him, still how does GoA know that his brother wont use the account? they dont. is it unfair on his brother, yes it probably is. Is it GoAs fault for the stupidity of his brother no.

It is not as if he wasn't warned about his actions, i would like to think that his brother would listen and have more influence from him in changing his attitude than GoA.

Where’s the proof that he was selling them when they banned him then?

You’re telling me 2 different credit cards with 2 different names is not enough proof?

Jupitus said:
Kadayn, you are so full of shit it's untrue :rolleyes: Read what I put - I told you they only take the ebay as an indication someone may be up to no good, then base investigations around that - they don't need details from ebay if they subsequently find all the evidence they need in their own server logs.

As for whether GOA should concentrate on people cheating - concentrating on the source of the cheats, ie the seller, is doing that but in a far more proactive way.... sounds to me like you're just a GOA-basher for the fun of it and don't take rule-breaking very seriously at all... wouldn't suprise me if you were cheating yourself, given your apparent support for those who promote it :twak:
Is their server logs this time?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :m00: .

Gamah

Banned
Kadayn said:
Is their server logs this time?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :m00: .

How do you know? You have some speical power that can see into the cheat reports of GM's :O?

Kadayn

Banned
Gamah said:
How do you know? You have some speical power that can see into the cheat reports of GM's :O?
No but GoA usually post and last time Gimmly posted the logs.

Would carry this argument on all day but no one knows if there was logs or not and GoA are not going to admit they fucking hated the guy

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You think they are going to explain exactly how they caught him in their message?

GOA: Hey, we caught you doing bad stuff, and we caught you because you did this and that and that and this blah blah...

Bad Guy: Oooops, ok GOA, my bad, sorry, fair cop.

*Bad Guy nips off to create a new account with new found knowledge on how GOA caught him out*

Yes, perhaps Sentimos isn't quite as bad as Gimmly, but seems to me he's let him use (or not adequately prevented his use of) his FH account and/or his DAOC account...

Gamah

Banned
Kadayn said:
No but GoA usually post and last time Gimmly posted the logs.

So thats your definative proof there is no server logs? Good work detective you have solved the case!

Kadayn

Banned
Jupitus said:
You think they are going to explain exactly how they caught him in their message?

GOA: Hey, we caught you doing bad stuff, and we caught you because you did this and that and that and this blah blah...

Bad Guy: Oooops, ok GOA, my bad, sorry, fair cop.

*Bad Guy nips off to create a new account with new found knowledge on how GOA caught him out*

Yes, perhaps Sentimos isn't quite as bad as Gimmly, but seems to me he's let him use (or not adequately prevented his use of) his FH account and/or his DAOC account...
Would you let your brother use your fh or daoc account? I wouldn't I don't even let mine touch my mouse :p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kadayn said:
Where’s the proof that he was selling them when they banned him then?

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=demon66666&iid=8244541502&frm=284

earlist one i could find
Not bad for 9 bucks but not really 20 pages just 20 tips
Buyer
27-May-05 00:46

Good Ebayer, Not happy with item. Not what it is made out to be.
Buyer
05-Jul-05 05:11

Thanks from www.Elite-Guides.com :)
Seller
14-Sep-05 07:54
(whats this he bought something from a know hacking and cheats website!! never!!)

Fast Delivery! Great Service! A+
Buyer
04-Dec-05 04:55

Good service
Buyer bladjk
17-Dec-05 15:29

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41011&item=8242131244

do you need any more proof he was selling them! when they banned him?

or are you blind!

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
well tbh im quite happy with the knowledge that GOA are actively banning people and sorting out the trouble makers.

GOOD JOB thanks :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom