Thanks GoA!! (Story Inside)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I dont understand why GoA has to provide evidence to cheating all that it would do is give the cheaters a means to get around it. Why cant you just accept that the GM's Caught this person cheating in what ever way and they chose to ban. It could be somthing like window dragging to escape an enemy they could have been hidden in a chat group listening to one of them advocate using this cheat and hint guide.

just by saying "o btw go to xxx website and download this cheat book i found" that could have been grounds for the cheating.

peeps seem to be under the asumption just because they do a /who 100 and it shows no GM's online that they arnt watching. A gm can appear in game in any form without broadcasting.

the point being in all these cheat exploit posts/flame wars has goa ever been the first to make the post, no its always the cheaters who make the post tbh if goa caught you cheating then good riddens we dont want cheaters in the game. And anyone defending them cheating should be watched very carefully

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
kinda says it all that the only person sticking up for gimmly is his alt account...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Awarkle said:
peeps seem to be under the asumption just because they do a /who 100 and it shows no GM's online that they arnt watching. A gm can appear in game in any form without broadcasting.

Thats so true, only yesterday i was on my Paladin and a GM said "Hi im gonna play Bahumat for a bit" i said "yeah sure, as if you can", then all of a sudden my char's stats were increased to 500 str dex con quick, i was thinking "yeah gonna kick some a$$ now" untill he started to craft with my character.

I typed the handy hack command /macro hoff /enable hoff then a HUGE hasselhoff appeared and kicked that gm's ass!

we all got drunk and naked then went round thadius's house, but he was not in so we just went to Ezteq's and pee'd through her letter box!

*Yes dad, yeah i'll go take my pills in a minute*

pip

Banned
sentimos=nice person

gimmly=evil person

gl irl sentimos dont follow your brothers footsteps:) i quess story of 1 nice 1 evil

wont miss ya pms tho telling me to get artis

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
No, unless you'd been previously warned for doing exactly the same thing previously and had it spelled out to you that any further marks on an already appalling record of cheating, harrassment and other serious breaches of our rules would result in all of your accounts being permabanned. In that case you probably would be banned, but it's not likely is it? Because you'd never be that stupid.

:worthy: :worthy:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
ok that was interesting reading..

Summary for me is:

People can say wtf they want in the forums, it is still GOA that sit what whatever evidence they needed to justify a ban. We cant see it, we wont see it and rest is only pure 100% speculation. End of story.

Assholes that deserves bans get it sooner or later I think, its only right and I'm happy to see that GOA work on things like this. I'm a happy GOAbasher when I believe they deserve it, as many others, but I try to give positive feedback aswell when they deserve that aswell...

Good job GOA, one less cheater/abuser is one small step towards better servers for the rest of us to play on.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Good job GOA, one less cheater/abuser is one small step towards better servers for the rest of us to play on.

yea. now give me back my feking items you have lost :twak:

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
got bored on page 6...

good to see GoA actively getting rid of naughty cheaters..

and some well thought out views in this thread, amongst the blaintant post farming and +1ing... :m00:

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Tickles me to see this kind of thing and people wondering why they get banned.

'You*' agreed to not share your / not cheat / and fully abide by the COC and EULA.

* = everyone who plays DAOC. Including members of your family who may or may not use the same internet connection as you.

Your brother was banned because he abused both the COC and the EULA = perma ban. Quite right to do that...

It also says somehwere in the 2 that they can ban someone without giving a reason. They gave a reason. Watching an 11 page whine on FH isn't going to fix the fact you got banned.

Well done GOA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom