Thane Respec

O

old.Max Payne

Oki, mainly need Solid for this cause he knows alot about our class so ... :)

What's the BEST respec that I can do?
These are the choises:

- 42 Hammer - 42 Shield - 48 Stormcalling - 0 Parry
- 42 Hammer - 42 Shield - 46 Stormcalling - 13 Parry
- 44 Hammer - 42 Shield - 46 Stormcalling - 3 Parry

.. or all the same specs but with Axe instead of Hammer.

Help a gimp (ATM) Thane!

S

Solid

Cos I am here and can help him.

K Max unless ur going 50 in a weapon, imo Hammer is still the best choice for thanes, esp Slam thanes.

Why you ask? well cos Axe's best style combo is Havoc/Tyr's Fury (Tyr's being the 50 style, and something a Slam thane will not spec to)

The damage types fare quite evenly as Hammer is good vs alb tanks and assasins/friars bad vs hib tanks and alb chain. Axe being good vs Hib tanks and neutral to all Albs.

I say pick hammer for the styles. Revenge/Thor's answer is the best Thane combo going currently for any Slam thane. You got high Shield, block opener, massive damage and 6 sec stun. IMO Axe sub 50 spec cannot compete.

I am still not sure whether to go 44 Hammer 46 Storms 42 Shield for the COncquer follow up (Sledgehammer) or go 42 Hammer, 48 Storms 42 Shield for the last castable DD.

But imo those are the best Slam templates out there, parry is just not good enough a skill at low spec on a class that doesnt gain dex with levels and finds it hard to add dex with items.

I like my 48 DD because its nciue damage and usually enough to finish off fleeing enemies that know they cant beat me.

O

old.willowywicca

just to mention one thing solid.. if you're speccing for slam then the reactive 6 seconds stun style in hammers is not likely to be useful (since 1 min immunity after slam..). On the other hand, if you go to 50 in axes since you dont want a stun style in weapons, you cant really get slam too.. sort of a catch 22 situation I guess..

anyways.. my opinion would be that you should spec axe/sword not hammers, even tho you can't spec it to 50, since it gives + to hibs, and neutral to albs, unlike crush which is + to albs, and resisted by hibs.. however I have no experience with midgard styles (cept being hit by em, but doesn't tell ya the style used then ;) ) so maybe the damage on Revenge/Thor's answer is better even given that on average you'll have greater resists to your damage type..

Also from a personal point of view, I would prefer you to go crush as then you won't hit for hardly anything vs me.. but I think slash would be the smarter choice..

S

Solid

Hehe well I wont respec to Axe untill I get myself an Axe of Balefire, once u tasted Legion, you dont go back :D

S

Solid

Also tbh Thanes dont stand a chance vs Champs or Heros so bonus/resist vs scale is largely irrelevant, I would rather get bonus vs classes with low hp and poor Absorb armour as my job is NOT to engage melee classes up close but to attack weak casters and leather wearers/healers.

D

-dewey-

I think the thing about syles having a stun is they (presumably) have a to hit bonus where as slam does not and can be hard to land on someone with epic armour. Having another stun which is lower duration but easier to land just gives you more options in a fight, plus you could use 2H weapons for stun instead of slamming with a shield and swapping back to 2H.

They key is versatilty, I wouldn't want to try and land a slam agaisnt a level 50 assassin with epic armour plus dodger. Having a weapon style with +hit that stuns just increases your chances agaisnt certain classes.

The way I see it durablity is the key, you can't just rely on not meeting assassins and just fighting classes with low defence.

O

old.Max Payne

Originally posted by blain
Why not have a look on catacombs?

Like I said .. cause Solid knows alot about Thane's, and since he's hardly online anymore...

Anyway, I went for 44 Hammer, 42 Shield, 46 Stormcalling, 3 Parry and after playing a bit, it's kinda nice.

S

Solid

I just respecced too, 42 Hammer 48 Stormcalling 42 Shield 0 points spare :D AND OMG SLAM IS AMAZING!

A

Ardrias_Mid

I was crafting before I respecced, and made a masterpiece Arcanium Doublebladed Axe, so I went:

42 Axe 48 SC 42 Shield ;)

Havent tried it in action yet, but it cant be worse than before anyhow, and I most likely wont play the gimp much anyway (yes, despite respec, a thane is still a gimp. Read Solid's explanations why)

V

vladamyr

heh nice to se the respecced thanes and all i can say is WELCOME to Slam land :D Slam is amazing IMO, im not respeccing weopons tho i feel hammer is nice and im just so in love with provoke as for combos in RvR the thors answer combo is hard to pull off as are all combos however conquer+sledgehammer is very nice hes right about the immunity thingy tho ;/

gonn bee strange seeing ard with an axe tho o_O

O

old.mattshanes

Max your new spec is good,you doing a lot better in rvr now.

And you are one tough bastard!:D

O

old.Max Payne

Allmost kicked your ass if your friends didn't save you, didn't I :)

O

old.mattshanes

Well i got nuked or something before it so was down on hp a bit but you have improved:p

O

old.Max Payne

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Well i got nuked or something before it so was down on hp a bit but you have improved:p

Yr.. I was the only one on that side of MG... that nuke was my nuke.. I can cast spells you know?

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by SilverHood
always excuses

Well mids never fight 1vs1 you know especially sbs:p dam gimps:rolleyes: but max does fight 1vs1!:D

S

SilverHood

in my soloing carrier, I have soloed a total of 4 people I remember

Balth, a chanter when I was in my low 40's,

Shane, a lvl 50 pally gimp
Barrin, a lvl 50 wiz (root a thane as cc? gotta be joking)
Slayn, a lvl 50 spearo... I used IP, and someone else got the last hit him him, damn mids cant keep their fingers to themselves. would have won even if the other guy hadn't taken the last 2% of him

Now, i run about solo all the time, infils like Niar and Xenon get their buts kicked when trying to solo me... snare always means they run away like girls who realised their brah's are slipping

That said though, Shane has killed me before solo as well, and so has 1000 others. But then again, thanes are not solo characters, we do better in groups

unlike albs, who only do well in huge zergs with a 3:1 advantage (soon to be 4:1 from the looks of emain)

O

old.willowywicca

Slayn, a lvl 50 spearo... I used IP, and someone else got the last hit him him, damn mids cant keep their fingers to themselves. would have won even if the other guy hadn't taken the last 2% of him

lol this is a good one to keep, slayn is rock hard.. make of poster of this and stick it on your wall :D it's your best claim to fame ;)

O

old.mattshanes

unlike albs, who only do well in huge zergs with a 3:1 advantage (soon to be 4:1 from the looks of emain)

LOL you what?:rolleyes: i never hardly see that,doesn't every realm zerg now but more evened out now bindstones are near portals?

O

old.Max Payne

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

Well mids never fight 1vs1 you know especially sbs:p dam gimps:rolleyes: but max does fight 1vs1!:D

And I'm good at it too.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by old.Max Payne

And I'm good at it too.

Yes you better than most i have fought who seem to fight me in pairs or groups hehe.

S

Solid

Question is why fight solo when u can fight clever? (aka group, this being Realm vs Realm and not a game built around Solo Player vs Solo Player) some classes will completely get owned 1v1 aginst others, dont make the player uber.

Take a Critblade soloing a Caster, the caster dies 99/100 times, does that necessarily make the Critblade a good player?

L

Lochlyessa

Originally posted by Solid
Question is why fight solo when u can fight clever? (aka group, this being Realm vs Realm and not a game built around Solo Player vs Solo Player) some classes will completely get owned 1v1 aginst others, dont make the player uber.

Take a Critblade soloing a Caster, the caster dies 99/100 times, does that necessarily make the Critblade a good player?

Good point solid.. pre patch everyone touted clerics as 'the best 1v1 cleric' which in most cases was true, but Luona(50 warden) killed me and blaen in separate fights, and altho my fight took a while, she managed quite well.

Does this make wardens 'the best 1v1 class' cos they can beat clerics?

F

Fafnir

I love my 42 42 48 respec. BT is a hell but use your hammer first then slam.

S

Solid

Wise choice Faf, where did you get the inspiration to follow in TPT's footsteps :D

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Solid
Wise choice Faf, where did you get the inspiration to follow in TPT's footsteps :D

I got it before you. :p And look on our page got three specs there. :) hhheehehehehe

S

Solid

bah come on admit it your a TPTite, you worship TPT and his fountain of knowledge of all things thunder and lightning :D

Users who are viewing this thread