Thane Feedback

A

Astraad

For you guys that still play your thanes. The Thanes TL report feedback is up. Makes for an unsurprising read :/

G

GrivneKelmorian

heh...dude giving the feedbacks plays hib, rather fun eh? last dude who was doing the feedbacks was afaik same guy as wiz TL :p

on the thane feedback...erm...why not cut off our legs and shove em down our throat too?

S

SilverHood

This seems to be a general complaint about defense. Most classes have to make trade off decisions between offense and defense, and this is a dynamic that will never change. I don't really see the Thanes as being in any unique situation here.

lmao

we get shitty offense, shitty defense

where's the trade off? We get 10% less time rez sick than the trest of our group due to dying first?

This guy summed it up well:
The problem as I see it, is that there are 2 types of hybrids, offensive/defensive hybrids and spell/melee hybrids. Mythic in their wisdom, decided to make thanes both. And it does not work.

H

hoden

looks like i wont be doing any rvr with hoden anytime soon :(

A

_anarky_

hmmm so basically our job in rvr is to /stick a healer, guard him, and go afk..
welll atleast we have a purpose now....says mythic....

C

Cozak

Mythic should make a one on one arena where you can only enter if you are self buffed, we would rock then :p Give us det5 evade1 and some nice group RA's and we sorted

G

GrivneKelmorian

Originally posted by _anarky_
hmmm so basically our job in rvr is to /stick a healer, guard him, and go afk..
welll atleast we have a purpose now....says mythic....

1 step in mythics cunning plan to remove the midgard realm.

B

Bagloor

Instead of putting so much bullshit in that feedback he just could have typed: "I don't have a clue and Mythic don't give a shit" :(

/dismiss

F

-foadon-

Originally posted by Cozak
Give us det5 evade1 and some nice group RA's and we sorted

det is only for tanks, why keep freaking nagging for it when u know your not a full tank. If you want det and cheap RAs etc then give up the hibryd magic spells

people always want more for their char then reason, have you thought about what you would be if u were given det? ud be better then a warrior for rvr more or less, with a dmg add, spells etc..

D

Derric

Originally posted by GrivneKelmorian
1 step in mythics cunning plan to remove the midgard realm.

It's funny when people say such things after receiving savages and bonedancers. :)

C

Cozak

Originally posted by -foadon-
det is only for tanks, why keep freaking nagging for it when u know your not a full tank. If you want det and cheap RAs etc then give up the hibryd magic spells

people always want more for their char then reason, have you thought about what you would be if u were given det? ud be better then a warrior for rvr more or less, with a dmg add, spells etc..

The majority of groups that im in iam the tank seeings that i have 79 shield, thanes are probably the second best tank in mid so some RA's to reflect would be nice. And thanes becoming better than warriors oh we wouldnt want that to happen somone might find a use for them in a rvr group then.

F

-foadon-

The majority of groups that im in iam the tank seeings that i have 79 shield, thanes are probably the second best tank in mid so some RA's to reflect would be nice. And thanes becoming better than warriors oh we wouldnt want that to happen somone might find a use for them in a rvr group then.

your the second best defensive tank yes, not hard to be that considering mid only has 2 shieldspeccing tanks...
and wtf its not a matter of wouldnt let it happen, it just is, whats the point of having warrior class if u can do the same with a thane, not my fault that they dindt make thane balanced in group rvr, doesnt mean improving it so another class becomes worthless...

S

SilverHood

thanes should never get determination, but sticking us on the hybrid dmg / hp table would be enough to sort a lot of problems. Then making our self buff atleast as good as the best Shammy one would go a long way too.

Z

zapzap

My healer has MOB 1 so iam third best defencive tank ?

Cant have DET and power bar is simple, iam sure champs would love to get Det also would be so overpowered and so would thanes. Thane with det could own any CC class in the game.

Zapsi

S

SilverHood

as I said, Determinaton is not the answer to the Thane problem -

one major gripe I personally think could be easily solved is the self buffs.
Why do we have them? So we can boost our performance vs non buffed enemies.
Everyone is buffed anyway, so it hardly matters.
It just means they got better buffs than the Thanes (and champs I thnk) who spec 50 SC to get that final buff..
Make the self buffs better than anything other classes can give.

One problem solved :)

L

lakih

What is the role of a thane?

Look at all midgards classes and then ask yourself, what is the role of a thane?

IMO, remove (or tone down alot) determination, that way you never get to hear the awful "Sorry mate, we need a tank with determination" again.

A

_anarky_

the role of a thane nowadays is to clean up the mess the savages made in emain :eek:

O

old.Gromnir

Thane use to be good for speed pulling ... and thats about it.

D

Derric

Originally posted by old.Gromnir
Thane use to be good for speed pulling ... and thats about it.

Lies,I think the hamm0rs of doom looks impressive. :(

B

Brunore

Originally posted by Derric
Lies,I think the hamm0rs of doom looks impressive. :(

Yus, and they have nerfed that as well I think. :(

L

lakih

I dont recall hamm0rs of doom getting nerfed, and derric, they still look funky

B

Brunore

Its on VN somewhere, I read it a while ago.

They have nerfed the was teh hammers and golden spears look :(

(gold spears is runi ae spell)

T

TodinStark

Thor gave us lightning!
Thor gave us hammers!
Camelot gave cage of faraday to our enemys :(

Users who are viewing this thread