Thane

S

SilverHood

"and now class, for the anytime sword style, on your toes, a small jump and a 360 degree turn.... hopla!"

"Even trolls can do it"

:D

(damn nice server btw, took less than 2 mins to DL, though it cuts short)

K

kjel

vid ends a little bit early, and could only play it using my DivX play, windows media player and my realplay thing both don't like it.

C

cerbie

Same with me, can't play it /cry

Would have loved to see Grivne as a hollywood star :D

C

cerbie

Yessssssssss saw the movie with Grivne. Great fight.

Hmmm I want my thane to be level 50.

What did you took with rps Grivne ??

K

kjel

What RA's do you have gimpmotron? is what Cerb's asking (I think)

K

Kelmorian

Ah =]

Well...the usual...

IP/Purge as Active.

Aug dex 2.
MoBlock 2.
MoParry 1.
MoPain 2.
AoM 1.
Toughness 2.
Aug con 2.

and thats at 6l5 =]

J

jammin0o

bah my faith to get decent RvR groups for jammin has almost gone, i get sick of doing the normal thane thing of standing around for hours waiting for a group, so i have taken the art of leveling alts!
If any of you would like a wonderful thane to play with then dont hesitate to pm me! ;)

C

cerbie

I suppose you didn't saw the video with Grivne then, hihi, he took a lot on his own, that was great.

Yes thats what I meant what ra's he took because he stayed alive a long time.

So I am really convinced Thanes are great, can't wait till mine is 50. Don't think I will need a group all the time to take some out.

Besides I once saw Blej running into a zerg with his thane and he even managed to protect me (healer) and stayed alive the longest of the whole group. Thats why I started my thane :D

C

Cush

Originally posted by cerbie
Besides I once saw Blej running into a zerg with his thane and he even managed to protect me (healer) and stayed alive the longest of the whole group. Thats why I started my thane :D

OMG!!!

hes uber!

(runs off and start lvling mt thane)

K

Kelmorian

Thane use to be very great solo, fun to play and all...but then the bots came to be over used....

Thane is a very fun class to play and i love mine...but its not the way to go if you think you will find a gank group fast or able so solo everything or even something.

K

krill-nyd

I survive in fights a lot if I have my medium shield on. For some reason, if I have my small shield on I attract a lot of attention.

K

Kelmorian

aye krill, thanes benfit nicely from buffs and that makes us better in groups then solo =]

S

Solid

stop kidding yourselves

We are Rogues in Chain with MASSIVE INSURPASSABLE MEZ Breaking potential

Thats not necessarily a bad thing, I like to roleplay a sneaky stealthy viking with a giant moustache and a giant hammer :D

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Solid
stop kidding yourselves

Thats not necessarily a bad thing, I like to roleplay a sneaky stealthy viking with a giant moustache and a giant hammer :D

we just need stealth and we'll be midgards answer to minstrels

S

scarffs

Stealth and climb walls, safe fall etc.
Now that would be a reason to level my Thane the last 3.5 levels.

K

krill-nyd

Stealth? Nah, what thanes need is a mes on Mjollnir. We can go from mes-breakers to mes-makers.

S

Solid

I kinda like that idea tbh Krill.

Mjollnir = AE Mez :D yes plz :D

A

_anarky_

give thanes plate, stealth, safe fall, self speed buffs, inst lifetap, insta dd, unlimited power, 400% more hp and Determination

Oh, and a rocket launcher too plz :D

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by krill-nyd
I survive in fights a lot if I have my medium shield on.

I'd rather have my large shield and not be an AoE mez breaker! ;)

Edit - Sorry, I'm just a grumpy warrior - I see Thanes AoE casting and getting easy RP's in RvR while us poor old Warriors have to physically go up to the Invader and whack him... RP's easier to get for a Thane - I'm only jealous! :) ... Still like my large shield though! :clap:

K

Kelmorian

Originally posted by Solid
stop kidding yourselves

Oh me to me to!!

And as Korvarn once said: Mjollnir is a form of CC too, you cast it and the enemys screens freeze.

Now we only need wall climb and we can work as minstrels :p

P.S Thors rocket boots of Lightning would be nice too :p

C

cerbie

Well I wish I could stealth as a healer, that would be great, mezzing everything without them seeing me .........
And I would like to have a sword (a big one) not a small pink hammer :D
And plated armor like the tin cans

Walks off dreaming ..........

S

si1verwolf

Cerbie, does your husband know that you have a small pink hammer?, or is this something he found out on the wedding night?? :eek:

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Kelmorian
Oh me to me to!!

And as Korvarn once said: Mjollnir is a form of CC too, you cast it and the enemys screens freeze.

not as much now that SI improves the engine, but me (korvarn), glorebard and zaksoth could cause 20 sec freeze lag at the milegates.... add in the rm's pretty lights, and you're talking about 30 seconds immobiliy.... maybe mythic considers this as a "skill" of the thanes, hence we cannot compete on paper (nor in game, for that matter)

a thane alone will die alone, but a hundred thanes together will go linkdead together

or something.

K

krill-nyd

I've refined my 'ideas' about thanes. We need two forms of mjollnir, keep the current and add one that has mesmerisation rather than damage. Then I can break my own mes's, the ultimate thane ability.

Users who are viewing this thread