News Tesco unwittingly selling horse burgers...

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Or just food shop at M&S - they are too posh to sell horse anything but intentionally ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually the findus finland department said they don't have any horse products for sale, findus finland products come from sweden ;)

I believe it's SGS who tests all products in finland(might be others too), but products go through screening.

In the same way that Findus Ireland product came from the UK. But didn't, because of secondary supply from Poland. Being manufactured in Sweden is no guarantee of quality (have you tasted IKEA food?), because the same EU food hygiene laws apply.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In the same way that Findus Ireland product came from the UK. But didn't, because of secondary supply from Poland. Being manufactured in Sweden is no guarantee of quality (have you tasted IKEA food?), because the same EU food hygiene laws apply.

Yeap, but UK incidents don't apply to all countries. This incident is ofcourse wrong, should've told people it's horse, but it doesn't imply fault in all ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
hell if i'm making lasagna from freshly sliced cow every time i feel like one :p

You make a big one fresh, then split it into 6 or 8 meals and freeze what you don't eat. When you want a lasagne after that, bosh, 5 minutes in the microwave. Home-cooked lasagne with ingredients you can identify :)

And as for certainty - I've said many times - it's not about being 100% certain - it's about hedging your bets.

I for one don't want food where the meat has been reclaimed from the skulls and bones of butchered animals - it's implicated in prion diseases for one. If I'm to eat meat that's been dyed red and pumped full of vets drugs then at least I want a quality cut.

but it doesn't imply fault in all

It doesn't exclude it. But beyond that - even if Findus Finland is actually a beef product - what sort of totally legal but low-quality brain scrapings are you prepared to put up with?

I eat quality product. Not reformed chicken, hosed-off beef and spinal column of sheep.

rynnor

Rockhound
3 horses dosed with bute may have entered the food chain.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse you're starting to sound like the vegan preachers you hate so much :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse you're starting to sound like the vegan preachers you hate so much :p

What part of it?

The part where I point out that ready meals are made with brain-scrapings and incredibly low quality meat even when they're meeting the legal requirements?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
People laugh at me because I wont eat any offal..cheap mince..gunged..reformed..grisly..floor scrapping..pressure reclaimed shite..it causes problwms at diner parties because so much of what we eat is that crap...whos laughing now eh?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What part of it?

The part where I point out that ready meals are made with brain-scrapings and incredibly low quality meat even when they're meeting the legal requirements?

Pretty much the whole black&white of it, just the same as the sanctimonious vegan preaching on how they are better people and lols to the rest ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Great. I won't need to buy any Ketamine this weekend, just some lasagne for a fraction of the price.

Someone doesn't know how cheap ket can be :D At least, when I was younger it could easily be obtained for about the same price as a frozen lasagne.

And it's lasagne, not lasagna everyone. We're not Yanks.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Yeap, but UK incidents don't apply to all countries. This incident is ofcourse wrong, should've told people it's horse, but it doesn't imply fault in all ;)

Considering Swedish lasagna from Findus DOES containt horsemeat I would be surprised if Finnish doesn't :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yeah there was a story yesterday in papers that nearly 7000 horses are "missing" in Sweden :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Well this processed crap has gone to far. Was buying crayfish tails in herbsauce, said on the packaging big font Crayfish tails. Turned it over read the ingredient list, no crayfish what so ever, 100% surimi in the crayfish lookalike. Checked the prawns next to it, in garlic sauce, same there surimi...

And I actually checked Surimi ingridients and it was 35% fish (cod) and egg/water/etcetc for 65% :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Just had a rather fine barbary leg of duck - no horses in that :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pretty much the whole black&white of it

What black and white? I've stated many times that you can never be 100% sure - but that you can hedge your bets by choosing fresh readily identifiable product.

You can't do that with ready meals. They're 100% on misplaced trust and guaranteed lower quality all the time even when legal.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
TdC said:
tbh I think his point is that the average lifestyle of the average american makes the average american fat. I was most shocked by the 5k steps / two miles thing, and iirc he also had to take a cab for anything over 5 minutes distance. I wonder how much *I* walk?

I walk c9000 on non gym days (I wear a fitbit) the most I have done was on a travel day when I was able to gym I the morning and I did over 20k....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
We're having roast chicken tomorrow night. If I get given a 3ft leg, I might start getting suspicious.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Right,
6580261_460s.jpg

my-lidl-pony.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I made meatballs at the weekend. They were smashing.

I did wonder at the time as the ones you buy are called meatballs, technically they could put whatever animal they like in them as they would still be meatballs, not beefballs.

rynnor

Rockhound
I made meatballs at the weekend. They were smashing.

I did wonder at the time as the ones you buy are called meatballs, technically they could put whatever animal they like in them as they would still be meatballs, not beefballs.

Yeah its not so bad except in countries like the UK where horsemeat isnt part of our diet due to taboo's - so far its only been found in Czech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom