News Tesco unwittingly selling horse burgers...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah and no one is disputing that, but that doesn't apply to all processed foods.

How do you know Toht?

The point is that you can't trust the labels. Why would you trust one label but not another?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How do you know Toht?

The point is that you can't trust the labels. Why would you trust one label but not another?

Same way you can trust your local butcher selling you good meat and not some gene manipulated tubemeat.

Trust is not a blanket cover that fits all subjects that are arbitrarily stuck in the same box.

Personally i know due to strict Finnish product laws ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Same way you can trust your local butcher selling you good meat and not some gene manipulated tubemeat.

Trust is not a blanket cover that fits all subjects that are arbitrarily stuck in the same box.

Personally i know due to strict Finnish product laws ;)

We "know" because of strict UK product laws.

But criminal activity works outside of the law, capiche?

My argument is, clearly, one of balance - if you buy fresh produce then you've a better chance (though clearly not 100%) of getting decent untainted food. If you buy ready-meals then, IMO, you're taking risks that you don't need to take.

I'm laughing at all the illegal horse-meat stuff - because it's not a problem that will ever affect me. I'm still disgusted that it happens though.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm laughing at all the illegal horse-meat stuff - because it's not a problem that will ever affect me. I'm still disgusted that it happens though.

You never eat out?

sayward

Resident Freddy
When I was little we used to get our butter and milk from the local farm. When it came to me having the TB jab the BCG skin test came up like a balloon. It's a miracle we didn't all have TB ( re knowing the provenance and not eating processed food)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We "know" because of strict UK product laws.

But criminal activity works outside of the law, capiche?

Clearly your laws aren't strict ;)

But guess according to you all processed foods come from Don Horsehead :p

The point was, very clearly; trust in products is like trust in your butcher, no difference.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I get the whole horsemeat thing. But why is there pork in beef products and vice versa? Is nothing what it seems? Or is that what we're all saying?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yeah. They are all "optional". More like guidelines than laws. We don't really have to follow them.

Take the other day, I murdered a pedestrian. But I said sorry so the police were like "oh, ok then"...

The point was, very clearly; trust in products is like trust in your butcher, no difference.

That's horse shit Toht (pun intended). You can't identify what the meat is in preprocessed products.

If you could then we wouldn't have the problem we're having...

But feel free to continue to feel secure in your Lidl Lasagne's old bean. Rofflez :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is nothing what it seems?

We don't know.

If you eat pre-processed meals then you're going completely on trust. If you buy fresh food and prepare it yourself at least you have a chance of not eating shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You never eat out?

At reputable restaurants, yes.

But you won't find me in Frankie & Bennies, TGI Fridays or Nando's. And that's as much for the type of people you find there as the quality of their food.

Like I say - you can't eliminate all the risks. But you can have a bloody good go.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

But guess according to you all processed foods come from Don Horsehead :p

They're your laws as well. Food standards are pan-EU, including the all the provenance documentation. In fact it was only because Ireland institute a new test that exceeded EU standards that all this came out. That would be why all the EU agricultural ministers are sitting down to discuss it today. Its not a UK/Ireland problem.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ooo - Atkins propaganda - I didnt see any details of her medical qualification on that site either - presumably she has some to proffer advice to the masses?

Atkins is/was a dude isn't he? Are you thinking of that fruitcake "Dr" Gillian McKeith?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Presumably every single person who bought aeal that doesnt contain the species stated on the box can sue the company....at the very least confidence on the brands is at zero..which is seripus as it gets...know anyone buying findus this week?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't know anyone who buys Findus, full stop.

/snob

rynnor

Rockhound
Atkins is/was a dude isn't he? Are you thinking of that fruitcake "Dr" Gillian McKeith?

Eh? No I was referring to the woman who wrote that article Waz posted.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Just FYI, the author is a dude, the pic at the side is just a stock photo.
Did atkins touch your donger as a child btw?

rynnor

Rockhound
Just FYI, the author is a dude, the pic at the side is just a stock photo.
Did atkins touch your donger as a child btw?

Lol no - you were too busy giving him head for him to bother me :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

This bird?
http://authoritynutrition.com/about/

kris-gunnars.jpg

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*zzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Especially for Wij xxx

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse i get your point, but was talking about trust in products versus trust in seller. There's variation. Much like you trusting one restaurant over another.

On the lasagna bit, i will, because i don't mind and hell if i'm making lasagna from freshly sliced cow every time i feel like one :p

They're your laws as well. Food standards are pan-EU, including the all the provenance documentation. In fact it was only because Ireland institute a new test that exceeded EU standards that all this came out. That would be why all the EU agricultural ministers are sitting down to discuss it today. Its not a UK/Ireland problem.

Guess it's a matter of law enforcement/regulation then.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the same findus lasagne is for sale all over finland toht and i would bet my backside they contain horse too :p

they are very very strict here in Finland about what goes into food (everything seems to be fat free, sugar free with xylitol etc) but if its not on the label or declared in any way and the manufacturer has got a nice EU stamp of approval how are they supposed to know if theres horse in it o_O

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually the findus finland department said they don't have any horse products for sale, findus finland products come from sweden ;)

I believe it's SGS who tests all products in finland(might be others too), but products go through screening.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So do most.

...anyway. You can make a big lasagna that will do you 4,5,6 meals in one go fairly cheaply. Portion it and freeze it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Though freezing it will kill all the nutritions and you get evil things from it, like saggy tits and uggo face ;)

You have to mince your own meat from a cow you killed with your bare hands, create your own lasagne pasta from flour grounded from the wheat you grew yourself , pluck the eggs right out of the arse of your own chickens and make it every day fresh to be certain *nod*

Product may contain parts of sarcasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom