News Tesco unwittingly selling horse burgers...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Don't be such a nag Raven, of course it's a bad thing. It's a bit of a 'mare if the truth be told.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Don't be such a nag Raven, of course it's a bad thing. It's a bit of a 'mare if the truth be told.

Well, you kill horses and you live in France so you eat them as well. Not sure why you're braying on about it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Horse is a perfectly acceptable thing to eat, only you commoners dislike it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually I would be more worried about the pork content for weirdos who don't love the bacon.

rynnor

Rockhound
Actually I would be more worried about the pork content for weirdos who don't love the bacon.

Its only traces from being prepared in a place that also does pork - these burgers arent Kosha/Halal so no one really offendable should be eating them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And more importantly - why does the article not name the products in question so we can, if we want, remove them from our freezers?

That's what you get if you buy pre-prepared food tbfh. I quite like horse, but when I want a beefburger I get lean mince and make my own. They're a bazillion times better and healthier than the shit you get from the supermarkets tbfh.

In fact, my purchasing of pre-prepared food is at an absolute minimum. Other than cererals and, erm, nope. Can't think of anything else.

BTW - horse is quite nice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

rynnor

Rockhound
What I dont understand is how they can say theres no threat to health when the horsemeat would have had false papers and could have come from diseased animals...

TB burgers - yum!

Poag

m00?
Screen-Shot-2013-01-16-at-13.14.38-500x421.png

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I'm not sure a modern supermarket can "unwittingly" sell anything. if they're selling a beefburger than contains horse, then they're being scammed, pure and simple.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
tbh I'm not sure a modern supermarket can "unwittingly" sell anything. if they're selling a beefburger than contains horse, then they're being scammed, pure and simple.

They don't mind being "scammed" is the problem - because it's a nice way to improve their bottom line in a way that they can plausibly deny.

I have a cousin who's currently being hounded by both corporate interests and mafioso as he campaigns and advises governments (including EU and UK) on how to get fish policy correct. A lot of companies import illegal fish stocks because of price. The black market is huge in fish feed products (usually illegally caught fish, sold to fisheries to feed fish - and it takes 4lbs of illegally caught fish to produce 1lb of fish for our supermarket shelves - go figure eh?).

He regularly receives death threats and has had to move country several times on the advice of police and security services. Sometimes he gets arrested going into countries as corporate interests are using their money to persecute him.

Good on him tbfh.

Poag

m00?
From what i've read these are the value, lowest price "own brand" burgers. Rather than normal or premium. The meat that goes into those things is the worst parts of the animal. Adding horse to it probably brings up the overall quality of the meat ;)

Horse meat is also fairly expensive, adding it to value burgers would end up costing them, unless theres something wrong with the meat....

Re the second part of the story which is trace pork in burgers...this is more than likly down to a machine not being cleaned properly between mincing pork and then mincing beef.....but i'm sure there will be an Aldi on fire soon..

ileks

Part of the furniture
I think it's more a case of if horse is in the burger then god knows what else is.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
They don't mind being "scammed" is the problem - because it's a nice way to improve their bottom line in a way that they can plausibly deny.
That's what I meant.

Good on him tbfh.
totally agree.

From what i've read these are the value, lowest price "own brand" burgers. Rather than normal or premium. The meat that goes into those things is the worst parts of the animal. Adding horse to it probably brings up the overall quality of the meat ;)
heh, sometimes it's better to not look in the kitchen (not literally natch).

i'm sure there will be an Aldi on fire soon..
yup. I guess you're right.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Hopefully will get people thinking about what 'processed food' actually means.
The meat came from an Irish company, which was sourcing it from the continent.
People wonder how supermarkets are able to undercut local retailers, this is the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom