News Tesco unwittingly selling horse burgers...

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by rynnor, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Unemployed Bum Travelling The World.

Or just food shop at M&S - they are too posh to sell horse anything but intentionally ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

In the same way that Findus Ireland product came from the UK. But didn't, because of secondary supply from Poland. Being manufactured in Sweden is no guarantee of quality (have you tasted IKEA food?), because the same EU food hygiene laws apply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

Yeap, but UK incidents don't apply to all countries. This incident is ofcourse wrong, should've told people it's horse, but it doesn't imply fault in all ;)

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  4. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

You make a big one fresh, then split it into 6 or 8 meals and freeze what you don't eat. When you want a lasagne after that, bosh, 5 minutes in the microwave. Home-cooked lasagne with ingredients you can identify :)

And as for certainty - I've said many times - it's not about being 100% certain - it's about hedging your bets.

I for one don't want food where the meat has been reclaimed from the skulls and bones of butchered animals - it's implicated in prion diseases for one. If I'm to eat meat that's been dyed red and pumped full of vets drugs then at least I want a quality cut.

It doesn't exclude it. But beyond that - even if Findus Finland is actually a beef product - what sort of totally legal but low-quality brain scrapings are you prepared to put up with?

I eat quality product. Not reformed chicken, hosed-off beef and spinal column of sheep.

5. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

3 horses dosed with bute may have entered the food chain.

6. old.Tohtori

Scouse you're starting to sound like the vegan preachers you hate so much :p

7. Scouse

What part of it?

The part where I point out that ready meals are made with brain-scrapings and incredibly low quality meat even when they're meeting the legal requirements?

8. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

People laugh at me because I wont eat any offal..cheap mince..gunged..reformed..grisly..floor scrapping..pressure reclaimed shite..it causes problwms at diner parties because so much of what we eat is that crap...whos laughing now eh?

9. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Unemployed Bum Travelling The World.

Great. I won't need to buy any Ketamine this weekend, just some lasagne for a fraction of the price.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. old.Tohtori

Pretty much the whole black&white of it, just the same as the sanctimonious vegan preaching on how they are better people and lols to the rest ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  11. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

Someone doesn't know how cheap ket can be :D At least, when I was younger it could easily be obtained for about the same price as a frozen lasagne.

And it's lasagne, not lasagna everyone. We're not Yanks.

12. Lethul

Lethul FH is my second home

Considering Swedish lasagna from Findus DOES containt horsemeat I would be surprised if Finnish doesn't :p

13. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

yeah there was a story yesterday in papers that nearly 7000 horses are "missing" in Sweden :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lethul

Lethul FH is my second home

And I actually checked Surimi ingridients and it was 35% fish (cod) and egg/water/etcetc for 65% :p

15. rynnor

Just had a rather fine barbary leg of duck - no horses in that :p

16. Scouse

What black and white? I've stated many times that you can never be 100% sure - but that you can hedge your bets by choosing fresh readily identifiable product.

You can't do that with ready meals. They're 100% on misplaced trust and guaranteed lower quality all the time even when legal.

17. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

I walk c9000 on non gym days (I wear a fitbit) the most I have done was on a travel day when I was able to gym I the morning and I did over 20k....

18. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

Why do you have to bring race into everything :(

19. old.Tohtori

'cause i hate chess :unsure:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

We're having roast chicken tomorrow night. If I get given a 3ft leg, I might start getting suspicious.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Invite me...

22. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Only if it's got a running blade on the end.

23. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

BBC is SO evil:

lolhorse.jpg

24. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

25. Olgaline

Olgaline FH is my second home

Right,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. rynnor

27. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

I made meatballs at the weekend. They were smashing.

I did wonder at the time as the ones you buy are called meatballs, technically they could put whatever animal they like in them as they would still be meatballs, not beefballs.

28. old.Tohtori

29. rynnor

Yeah its not so bad except in countries like the UK where horsemeat isnt part of our diet due to taboo's - so far its only been found in Czech.