Supercool dudes, I know you're out there.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Right, I want to change. (Yes, its to do with a girl, etc) I need the following advice.

(I'll put all my stupid quests in 1 thread, rather than clutter the forums with my idiocy!)

1# Healthy Eating

I'm sure I've said this a hundred times before, but I really want to start eating healthily. I feel physically sick most of the day, as if I've got something nasty in my stomach. I am constantly burping and farting, and I cry when I shat.
How can I go about eating ZERO chocolate/crisps/kebabs, etc? I am out of the house most of the day, so find myself spending a good few quid on junk snacks whilst out. What can I buy to keep myself from feeling hungry, I like apples etc but I've heard that to much fruit gives you the shits. Also instead of coke whats a good drink? I'm not to keen on water...its just so plain.

2# Clothes

I'm not really one of the social elite. I like to hide in the background trying to blend in so that people don't notice me. My wardrobe basically consists of an Arsenal home and away shirt, and lots of dark coloured clothes. I'm not sure if wearing black shirt/jeans/shoes and jacket looks normal, or really stupid. I have absolutely no idea about this type of thing. I think the only positive comment I've ever had about my clothing was when I bought a pair of K-Swiss plain white trainers. (They are a size to large and I have to wear 4 pairs of socks to keep them from falling off.) I hate being served to by a hot women, you feel pressured to just accept the first pair they bring out. :(
So like, whats the latest "fashion" (if its still called that) I have a bit of money to spend, I'm not a chav, gangsta, nor a goth. I just want something normal. Nothing to outrageous. Any ideas?

3# Hair

Usually I just wait for my hair to grow to a size that It looks very scruffy, and then I get it all lopped off. Nowadays it seems to be the norm to have lots of scruffy hair, but I'm guessing the people with this hair go to a stylist or something. How do you go about getting a stylist to sort your hair out? I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to ask for, would they decide for me or would they see me as an idiot and overcharge me for something crap? At the moment I just go to a plain ol' barber who smells and touches me. (It only costs 6 quid) How much are the proper places...and what sort of stuff do you ask for? I've got quite a bit of hair at the moment, so I figured its a good time to sort it out.

4# Facewash

I'm currently using the old Soap and water method, and it leaves me dry and chapped. Is there any particular brand of face cream that works well on sensitive skin? I'm very greasy so I need something non greasy!

--------------------------------------------

I've got 2 weeks from 6th form now due to Easter holidays, so this is a good time to sort myself out. You've never steered me wrong yet Freddyshouse, do me proud!

Thanks in advance.
Your friendly neighbourhood berk.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
1: Its easy to stop eating choccy/crisps etc; just stop eating them. Eat Bananas if you can, apples and oranges are ok but they contain mucho sugar so don't eat too many. You'll find that after a few days of abstinence, you won't particularly crave sweet things. 7-up is ok, but I'd recommend the diet ribena drinks. Even the clear watery 'hint-of' drinks contain tons of sugar.

Its the sugar and caffine thats giving you sleeping problems. Which is why if you want to drink diet drinks, drink the caffine free ones.

2: No fucking idea :D

3: See 2

4: Dove soap, also try the body shop for one of those gritty facewash thingies before you moisturise your face again.

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
1. It's pretty simple really. See Tom's post. Also, you could try making yourself a salad or something for lunch, so you don't have to buy anything? Bananas are very good. Lots of fibre too, so should help with the crying part...

2. That's very very difficult without seeing you. I tend to take my friends shopping. My advice would be find someone whos dress sense you like, and then spend a whole day going round trying things on. Again, which shops to use depends on your personality, what look you're going for, how old you are etc. But as a general rule I like next, topshop, burton, that kind of thing.

3. Erm, this is harder, because I'm a woman! Getting your hair done properly will cost you more. Say around £20. (It depends which part of the country you live in though...) You would need some idea of what you wanted doing. Try looking through magazines to find some styles you like, and take them along. A good stylist should listen to what you want, and make suggestions, but not force you into anything.

4. It's kind of a case of finding what suits you. There's a lot of face washes available. I use the cloth things. They're designed to remove make-up, but they work really well to clean your face without drying it out. There's hundreds around, but they'll all be in the women's cosmetics section. Don't worry though, a lot of them are unscented, so you won't smell like a girly :)

Hope that helps some.

Jo

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
1: I'm about to offer some tips and I am about to take them myself. I feel crap each day and know its down to what I eat and little exercise (eyes up rowing machine in corner). Drink lots of water (add flavouring if needed) and eat an apple a day. Eat 3 meals and dont snack inbetween. After a few days you'll not miss chocolate e.t.c, but do treat yourself once a week to a maccy D if the urge is still there but only once!

2: Wear what you want to wear. If you are interested in getting a girlfriend you need to be confortable in what you are wearing. If you have a female friend ask them for some tips :). Don't go for to many dark colours. Just make sure the clothes you wear are clean and tidy and ensure hair is looked after e.t.c. Trust me it gets noticed :) Shops to check out: Burtons, Next.

3: Difficult one this. Take a look around and see what hair styles you like the look of. Ask a few friends (female if possible) as well. Get some idea what you like and also ask the guy/girl in the hairdresser. They live and breath hair and like people asking their view. Again you have to 100% comfortable with it.

4: Grab oxy facal wash. Never use soap on your face its like acid, rips layers of skin away :/

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
hi there :)

1# Healthy Eating

First off Id say its not about not eating any of your favorite foods, its about balancing them out so that your not eating that crap all the time. As suggested by Tom eat some fruit. The best thing about eating is variety dont eat the same meal every damn day its no good for you what so ever. Also get yourself a box of Multi Vitamins to help supplement your daily allowance. Eat at Breakfast time, Bowl of Cereal or couple slices of toast. That way you should be able to get to Lunch with out to many hunger pains. If you feel the need to eat buy some of those breakfast cereal bars, (not the Frosties ones) proper cereal with fruit and nuts in. Anyhow The most important thing about eating is that you enjoy what you eat. No diet/healthy eating plan will work if you hate the taste of the stuff your trying to eat. With regards to Drink I know water is boring but making yourself drink a couple of pints a day wont exactly kill you :) then it becomes routine and you dont mind. By cutting most of the sugar & caffiene intake you will also notice an improvement on your skin, you will start to look more healthy which in turn will make you feel a lot better about yourslef.

2# Clothes

I would advise a trip to the local House of Fraser store, Tucci & Ashton :) look in the male clothes section and whatever you see in abundance stay clear of :) this is what the majority of we wanna look alike people wear.

I tend you have a look round and pick something again that you like the look of there is loads of nice stuff out there you just gotta to be ready for when the lookalikes decide its cool. because the next time you go to your shop instead of 1 shirt there will be 18 racks of your shirt in every fucking colour.

Im into cords at the moment :p got a nice couple of pairs from Gap, they go nicely with trainers or shoes and can be worn for casual or dressed up events. The most important items of clothing are t-shirts/tops. Try and pick a top that will go with more than one pair of pants, this way you get more than one look. There are hundreds of t-shirts/tops out there just have a good look and you will see something you like.

3# Hair

I would say go to a Stylist, but only once. Just pop into your local stylist make sure you tell them taht you dont want to look like every other guy that gets his hair cut there :) as in the mullet with dyed streaks and pointy bits. Tell them that your looking for something that is easily syled in the morning and easy to handle. With regards to length you decide do you like your hair better short or long. Tell them what you want if you have any ideas. You will probably get charged about £40 pound for the cut and style. But after you have been you will realise that they are just an expensive Barbers that wash your hair before cutting it. The benefit of going to the stylist once is once you have been you can then go to your barbers and you can ask for him/her to cut your hair how you like.

4# Facewash.

For skin care I use Clinique (sp) for men. Soap, facewash and shaving cream. I use the facial scrub once a week, wash with the soap everyday. I would also advie Aapri facial pads aswell, great for cleaning the pores on your face. After washing your face, put moisturiser (sp) on about a pea size amount on your finger dab it on you nose, cheeks, forehead & chin then massage it till it dissappears. This combined with the cutting out sugah & caffiene and crap you eat. You should notice an improvement in your skin within 2 weeks.

Well thats my advise, hope you can take something from it. Give updates to inform whether or not any of it works :)

Stephen

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Bunch of poofs!

Whatever happened to the manly men? Whatever happened to working down the pit and fighting tigers for fun?

You all should dress as a woman and be done with it :eek:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks dudes (and dudettes :))

Should've mentioned, I'm 18 years old, about 6'2, pale skin, and I guess I'd be considered skinny (I weight 11.2 stone). My hair is kind of light brown.

Some questions...

Bleaching/dying/highlighting hair, is that a Neddy no no?

I've tried that Oxy wash before but it seemed to bring my spots out more than before, although that may have been due to the diet I was combining it with.

What colours are definately not a good idea to match clothes-wise? I've never understood why certain stuff looks better than others, etc.

Dr Jo said:
Again, which shops to use depends on your personality, what look you're going for, how old you are etc.

This is the tricky bit. Music wise I like Metal and stuff, but I have no intention of dressing like Marilyn Manson or someone equally lame. I usually wear Jeans and a black tshirt with a band logo or something, on which I quite like, but I need a jacket to go with it though because I only own 1 jacket, and its a huge thick black one...I was sweating madly yesterday. Need a new one asap...summer is here. :)

And finally...shoes? Trainers? What is best?! Any decent recommendations? I need a pair of both ideally.

Once again, thank you!

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Trem is right, you're all pansy girly-men.

*keeps an eye on thread for tips*

Calaen

Mobius said:
Thanks dudes (and dudettes :))

Bleaching/dying/highlighting hair, is that a Neddy no no?

What colours are definately not a good idea to match clothes-wise? I've never understood why certain stuff looks better than others, etc.

And finally...shoes? Trainers? What is best?! Any decent recommendations? I need a pair of both ideally.

Once again, thank you!

Bleaching dying, depends its just currently all the men that are getting bleached are getting the same style.

Colours you need to find colours that suit you, for example I have blue eyes and Brown hair (slightly reddish in parts) yes im a ginge :p I suit green, it brings my Eyes out :) This summers fashion seems to be a mix of loads of different colours on each top. stay clear unless you want to bump into your twin while walking around. Currenlty over worn clothes are Old Glory everyone is wearing these, (multi coloured loose threads to make them look old)

I tend to Buy Diesel/Duck and Cover clothes, V good brands but they never make loads of the same items so you can pretty much guarentee that every Tom, Dick & Harry wont have one. Again you will generally find a Diesel section in any good clothes store, but they wont have as many items out as every other clothes maker. because they seem to understand the fact that some people like to wear something different. eith the Summer coming i would advie you to buy a couple of hooded/non hooded zip up tops. loads out of there you can wear and look classy and not like some chav.

For Trainers I buy Diesel dressy and comfortable. For shoes I buy from Next alot of v nice stuff.

Stephen

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
1. Just don't put the chocolate into your mouth. If you do, spit it out.
2. As long as you don't stink no-one's going to notice what you wear, realistically.
3. Hair is hair. Styling it is the biggest waste of time/money in the world. Leave it be like you are atm imo.
4. Use nothing. Your skin will be SO much better off for it. I used to have greasy skin, and the only thing that fixed it was to stop putting shitty chemical based products on my face. Nature is your friend and will give you the best skin and hair it can if you leave them alone.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
2) i wear a hoody and jeans, i would probably be considered to be a skater boy. But i couldn't care less what people label me as. If it is about a bird then she *should* like/love you for who you are not what you wear.

3) I used to have my hair spikey, but then last year i realised i never had shaved my head, so i tried it once. and liked the look. So i bought a pair of clippers and did it myself, and saved money ever since. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I am actually thinking of shaving all my hair off, you know, totally bald.

Its about grade 2 at the moment but during my research I have noticed that slapheads get all the women.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
people with serious recceding hairlines do that.....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
All i can say about hair salons that their f*cking expensive. Got a slight curl and cut on my long hair and the price tag went to 80 euro....bloody hell i would've drank two weeks, well, one weekend atleast with that.

Clothes: Wear what you want.

Hair: Wear it as you want.

Eating: Eat what you want as long as you don't feel like crap. If you do, eat something else.

Facewash: ...err....water? I do this in the shower with the rest of the bod so...

Main point, f*ck all and do what you want as long as your cool with yourself.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
None of this matters if you have a face like a baboon's arse and the social graces of an American. If you don't, then;

1. Food. You really shouldn't be suffering on the khazi at your age. Eat a decent cereal for breakfast (not cocopops :)), something with lots of fibre, and as they say, "these things shall pass". Don't deny yourself chocolate, just don't go nuts (a bar every other day isn't the end of the world). Burgers and stuff, don't swear off completely but try to cut back to once a week or so. Bin coke if you can, rots your teeth. Switch to smoothies (still rot your teeth but better for your digestion and full of vitamins). Salads can be interesting, and stir frys are OK too.

2. Clothes. Burn the Arsenal shirts (not because it'll help your sartorial elegance, I just want you to burn them). You sound like you dress like a IT geek, nothing wrong with it if you want to be lonely for the rest of your life and/or you're obsessive about Star Trek. You don't need to buy Armani, just inject a little colour into your wardrobe - black doesn't wear well. Earth tones, (greens, khakis, tans) all 'go' together, as do blues, greys and blacks. I'd suggest you start with these kinds of combos before you graduate to the flowery hawaiian numbers.

3. A good haircut makes you feel good about yourself. If you spot a style you like in a magazine or something, just take the picture along to a decent hairstylist (for blokes, £25 is enough). Nothing wrong with dying it at your age so long as you're comfortable with your mates taking the piss - this isn't about impressing them (I did all kinds of wierd shit with mine).

4. Unless you've got spots, just use water. When you get a bit older (25+), moisturise. This is not gay.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I think I'm going to stick with the plain old jeans and tshirt style, I don't want to seem to outrageous. Gonna try your eating ideas, as I do like tuna. Are those packed sandwiches and baguettes from shops okay cold, or are they shitty stuff? The ones full of salad and stuff.

Swift how'd you mean use Nothing? Just water do you mean, or don't even tough your face ever?

Gonna book Toni and Guy's or something similar soon, hopefully they can save my barnet.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
D'oh, completely forgot one other thing I wanted to ask

Has anyone ever had laser eye surgery? I have terrible eyesight but I couldn't wear contacts (got a thing about eyes, fucking things!) and I can't seem to find a decent pair of glasses. How much is surgery and how successful is it?

Is there anyway to look good in glasses? :(

Calaen

yes go down to your local opticans and they will pretty much try out every frasme there for you to see what it looks like. A friend of mine has had laser eye surgery and thinks it was great not sure on price tho. He isnt in work to ask at the moment.

DaGaffer

Mobius said:
D'oh, completely forgot one other thing I wanted to ask

Has anyone ever had laser eye surgery? I have terrible eyesight but I couldn't wear contacts (got a thing about eyes, fucking things!) and I can't seem to find a decent pair of glasses. How much is surgery and how successful is it?

Is there anyway to look good in glasses? :(

I had it done last year - its brilliant. Not cheap though, nearly 2 grand. Cheapest I've seen since is about 1400. Over the years before I had it done, i bet I spent that kind of money on glasses, sunglasses, contacts.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Cool. :) Do you know if it runs out? I was speaking to someone who said that within a few months the effect can wear off and you'll need it done again.

DaGaffer

Mobius said:
I think I'm going to stick with the plain old jeans and tshirt style, I don't want to seem to outrageous. Gonna try your eating ideas, as I do like tuna. Are those packed sandwiches and baguettes from shops okay cold, or are they shitty stuff? The ones full of salad and stuff.

Careful with sandwiches, Pret a Manger and places like that often sell sarnies that contain more calories than a Big Mac - avoid mayo (75% fat), which is on most of these sarnies

Mobius said:
Swift how'd you mean use Nothing? Just water do you mean, or don't even tough your face ever?

I think he means just water.

DaGaffer

Mobius said:
Cool. :) Do you know if it runs out? I was speaking to someone who said that within a few months the effect can wear off and you'll need it done again.

Nah. For most people you only need it done once. Eventually most people who are short-sighted will go long-sited and their forties and fifities, but that just means reading glasses a few years down the line.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Mobius said:

Just splash hot water in your face when you get up, and before you go to bed. Make sure you use a towel to dry your face, or your skin will dry out.

I've always thought going to a stylist is a bit overkill. Go to a "hip" hairdressers (NOT! a barber), either for males, or unisex , and and tell the hairdresser to see what they can do with it. 9 out of 10 times, it will look better than anything you can come up with yourself, and 9 out of 10 times, it will look just as good as what the stylist came up with. And It will cost you around a tenner, depending on where you live.

To be honest, I'd also reccomend a bit of exercise now and then, it really makes you feel a lot better. Even a kick around in the park once a week is better than nothing, or maybe a quick run round the block with your carpet eating dog perhaps :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
With regards to soft drinks - just drink volvic. It's tough at first, if you're like me you'll find you crave sweet drinks all the time but if you just force yourself to drink loads of water when you're thirsty it'll soon be all you'll ever want. Feeling shit all the time could be you being dehydrated so this'll help that too. Tbh, the same goes for food of all sorts - it's very difficult at first to move from shit food to healthy food, but if you force yourself to keep at it then it becomes routine and sooner or later you stop thinking about big macs or burger kings or kebabs etc.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
1) i heard the best thing is, you know, not to eat them. eat carrots for a start. in our culture there is nothing wrong with walkin around, lookin like a nob and eating a carrot. at least you will be accepted and can eat healthy food at the same time. if you still need coke like a cocaholic then drink pepsi max. it tastes better than the full sugar stuff and has nothing in it except brown water and some E numbers. it gives you about .4 calories aswell so you will still keep your energy up.

2)goto Burtons, they have everything from every fashion you can think of. failing that then river island but thats a bit more fashion freek. as a last resort goto the most expensive shop you can find and buy a £200 pair of jeans and a £150 t-shirt. they are expensive so they are bound to look good and impress.

3)ask to have it a tiny bit shorter but you want it to look like bed head, all wavey and messy shit, you know what i mean?

4) go into the bodyshop, tell the hot chicks you need face cream for your girl friend. describe your issues while pretending its not you. everything in there is for girls so it will be ok on your skin.

after all that you will be a pure dude.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
nath said:
With regards to soft drinks - just drink volvic.

Must agree here... I couldn't drink the water at my halls of residence, so lived of bottled water for 9 months. Now I hardly touch fizzy drinks.

Only problem with drinking lots of water, is that you need to go for a piss quite often :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Only if you've got a tiny ass girly-mans bladder. :D

tris- said:
goto the most expensive shop you can find and buy a £200 pair of jeans and a £150 t-shirt. they are expensive so they are bound to look good and impress.

Everything that is wrong with our society so perfectly summed up in a paragraph.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Aye mobius, in regards to washing hair and face:

Face gets splashed with water. Might at most get a bit of shower gel on there if I'm feeling frisky once a week or so.

Hair gets washed about once a month.

I have soft skin, and very fine and soft hair now. I used to have greasy hair and face, then I stopped trying to fix it. The worst thing you can do IMO is get special facewashes or shampoos. I remember having a couple of spots when I was around 15 or so, using some Clearasil and watching about 20 more appear during the next two weeks. It was clear the wash was causing it, so I stopped and I never get anything other than the odd spot like everyone else does. :D

Oooh and regards to that sandwich thing. Try not to eat packaged sarnies from supermarkets etc. as they add a HUGE amount of salt into them. I didn't believe it until I checked the packets carefully, a lot of sandwiches contain over 2.5g of salt, which is completely unecessary. I once ate a sandwich with over 4.3g of salt in it. Imagine 4.3g of coke in a pile. Now change it to salt. Bad.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i know, thats why im taking the piss :D. you know its all true, so if you need to fit in you better become a sheep and get some credit cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom