Supercool dudes, I know you're out there.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
tbh, im not totally certain WHY you thought that would make spots disappear?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno, vitamins, water nourishes skin. Less Kebabs/drink/choco = less fat and grease. :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ermm, ok :eek:. like i said goto the bodyshop and get some face cream.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
i know where i can get you some man made face cream, with extra protein

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing wrong with using an electric razor anyway. I find that it irritates the skin less and doesn't shave as close which is nice because I feel naked without a bit of stubble. Just need to clean it regularly especially if it's a philishave, all the hair gets stuck in the blades so it start pulling hairs out instead of clipping them after a while and you end up all patchy.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Mobius said:
Its not bumfluff! Its rough, but it just grows slowly so it looks shitty. I've been eating apples and bananas, and drinking nowt but water for a week now and I still have spots. :(

You could just be cursed.

If water doesn't fix it after another, go get face cream.

Hows your new cool going anyway? Feeling better generally? Or still the same old same old?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Well I do feel healthier. I poop regularly, and don't keep burping/farting like I used to, and I'm finding I get to sleep alot quicker. Also I'm starting to find it easy to turn down junk food, and even bananas are starting to grow on me! Just pissed off about my face, its not even REALLY spotty, just a few that keep popping up. :( Haven't got my hair done yet, and not sure what clothes to buy...being summer and all. Gonna go to london and look for some nice summer clothes though sometime next week.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Mobius said:
I dunno, vitamins, water nourishes skin. Less Kebabs/drink/choco = less fat and grease. :(

Sorry but this is bollocks. As I've said I've eaten greasy food as long as I can remember, and wolfed down extra large doners after a night on the beers. You know how many spots I've had on my face in my entire life??

Four.

I think Swift had a point to be honest, all these face washes seem to do more harm than good. I've only ever used water meself and my face is fine.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
When i was a teenager i went through a patch when i got quite spotty (about the same time i started to shave regularly). I found that continuous washing only made it worse as you strip the skin of it's natural oils, so it produces even more oil to compensate which can cause more spots.

I went over to (hate to admit it) some Loreal face wash for sensitive skin that was antibacterial. I coupled this with (hate to admit this as well, but desperate times) a good sensitive skin moisturiser (Oil of Olay :p) and my skin improved dramatically. It wasn't perfect, but it made it less dry and less irritated.

Bodhi speaks the truth, diet has fuck all to do with spots (google for it, fats and oils are broken down like everything else) although a healthy diet should generally improve the condition of your skin and there's not harm in keeping a healthy diet. Try taking zinc supplements too (buy them from Boots), as this regulates healthy skin/hair/nails.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I went through a period of using face wash, scrub etc to try and keep my skin in good condition(after the teenage spotty years) but I've stopped now and my skin is still as lovely as ever. It was just my age, and it cleared up....more than likely you're the same and no amount of product is going to change that. It's just something you'll grow out of.

I do moisturise though, it stops my skin from feeling like i've just scraped it with a piece of metal for 10 minutes....

I echo Bodhis sentiments about eating junk...it might be destroying my insides but i'm still waif like and healthy skinned. It just depends who you are....your diet DOES affect your mood and energy levels though. So you might want ti think about sorting out anyway.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Teen Angst forum!!!

Or would that just mean renaming General?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
If we're having Teen Angst, I want a sub-forum linking to jackinworld's "technique of the week".

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Hey Mob,

This would be my opinion, and this is exactly what I do. S'not "ooh, you could", it's what I do. I'm not overly muscular, but I've got nice enough skin, healthy hair, I'm not fat, greasy etc...

1# Healthy Eating

You need at least 2 good meals in the day. Pish bollocks to Junk Food. Alot of my knowledge has come from the Army, but it works!

So, morning, breakfast. I usually start with a fry, or a good-sized bowl of Special K depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have. For breakfast, you wanna stay away from overloading on sugars. Fats will give you a nice full stomach, and break down slowly over the day to keep you not-hungry throughout. You might want a nice sweet glass of Orange Juice or something to give you a kickstart. Personally, I stay away from coffee, it's too start-stop for my liking.

Lunch, if you've had a good breakfast, this doesn't need to be that big. When I've been out in the field, we get biscuits (read rivita) and a chicken pate (read processed chicken gunk) and a bar of choccy. You don't *need* to have lunch, but a little something is always a good idea. Sandwitch maybe, couple of apples. As I say, if you've had a good breakfast this shouldn't really affect you till late afternoon, when it's just an hour or so till...

Dinner. You've used up your energy supply from the morning, so you need to replenish it. Meat & 2 Veg is pretty good, I'd stay away from most junk foods (read McD's or Burger King). Vegetables are really pretty important to keep your bits working...that includes keeping your hair healthy, and your skin soft.
People might shout "Bollocks!" but when I eat too much crap, I break out in spots almost the next day.

Supper. Stay away from anything fatty, as it'll give your body a hard time digesting it while sleeping. Sweet tends to make you buzzy, so don't eat anything sweet before bed either...maybe try some fruit again, or a tin of soup or something (you shouldn't really be hungry after dinner, but some people are).

As you see, it's not "omfg, stay away from starch", it's a sensible approach to eating. Fats are slow release to keep you going throughout, Sugars for a quick happy-release.

Sadly, it doesn't really matter what you eat unless you exercise. You need to get a bit of cardiovascular stuff (i.e running, cycling, a decent amount of walking or swimming) in each day to keep your body ticking over I personally feel. If you get into a routine, take a week for example. If you run every single day of that week, maybe before breakfast (*shock*), by the end of that week you will be craving that run in the morning and would rather do it than not.
Add in a bit of muscular work, something easy like pressups and situps, maybe some weights (can get dumbells for dirt cheap), maybe a pull-up bar...you'll be a lean, mean, *healthy* machine in less than a month.

#2 Clothes

I'll admit straight away I'm not that fashionable, but as far as I can see there is fuck all wrong with Jeans and a T-shirt, as long as they are clean & ironed. Jeans you can get all sorts of colours and patterns, I've got a few types. T-shirts you can get anywhere, nuff said. Try not to get too much black, you can wear black T-shirts with blue jeans, but don't go black black black. As for shoes, if you get baggy enough Jeans, it doesn't really matter what shoes you wear. I wear comfy trainers.

Don't wear clothes that you don't feel comfortable in. If you ain't happy, it'll show. Just be yourself I guess.

3# Hair

It's always kinda tempting to go and spend 40 odd quid to see your hair being done nice, but I've never done it myself. I've got a slutty young female barber who cuts my hair and pushes my head into her considerable cleavage for most of the session for 7 quid, and I don't really give any input to what I get. I sit down, she cuts my hair, I leave. It's usually short round the side, the n a little longer on top where I can gel it when I'm going out, or leave it scruffy if I cba or I'm out in the field (read army, they dun't like colours or gel).

Dead easy, not alot of effort, looks good up and ok-ish down, then I just wait till it's too long or the gf complains and I get it cut off.

See piccy

Image004small.jpg

4# Facewash

I've found exercise and good eating stops your skin from becoming very greasy, and like Tom suggested, I also use Dove soap. It's moisturising enough to give you a little help, and you don't feel like a fucking girl putting it on. I use it in the shower, and all my skin is nice and soft

Hope this gives you a little advice mate, good luck with the girl you are trying to get ;)
(This *must* be because of a girl....it's gotta be)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers for the reply, Milkshake. It is indeed about a girl, but its sort of dawned on me now that I have absolutely zero chance, so I'm just going to leave it be, and forget about her, as we finish 6th form in about 2 months and I'll likely never see her again, so whats the point worrying about it?

I'm considering growing my hair long as everytime I get a short cut from my barbers it looks shit. Is there a particular path to take with long hair or do you just leave it and let nature do its thang?

About running...I've heard that running on paths can actually be bad for you, because your legs hitting the hard surface can cause damage in old age? Is that true or just a lame rumour? Would it be better to run on a field or something?

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Uhh...if you wear the proper training shoes, it should be fine. If not, I'm fucked :)

Means you get to sit around and play Computer Games when you get old ;)

(or older, ey Xtro? :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom