Supercool dudes, I know you're out there.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Drinking lots of water will also probably help your crying whilst shating, as it helps them to 'pass'

Oh and I agree with the general sentiment of just do what you want to do and be happy with that. However there seems to be a growing trend of dirty fucking scruffy indie kids. It's the new 'black'. Dumb fuckers are wearing scarves in a night club...and shades. They also have the aforementioned 'bed-heads' - faggots.

But then again i'm a dirty mosher.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
you have to be shit to be hip though.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Oh and laser eye surgery is meant to be ace. I've known a couple of people who've had it done and just been like "wow". The technology is ace.

Unfortunately it is expensive, and they ask for you to be about 21 or over, as they need to make sure your eyes have "settled" into their routine of how they see... performing laser surgery too early could blind you. :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
1) Healthy eating is way over-rated. I eat chips 6 nights a week, drink at least 6 cans of Pepsi a day, have fast food about 4 times a week and fry my bacon instead of grilling it. And yes, I leave the skin on chicken. It's the best bit! Yet with this "bad" diet I'm 6 foot 3 and 11 stone, not overweight by any stretch of the imagination and have all my own teeth. The secret? If you want to eat unhealthy food, just eat less of it. Simple innit.

2) Am currently busting the greebo student look so probably arent the best person to ask, you can't really go wrong with jeans trainers and a hoody. Just don't buy your casual clothes from JJB and I'm sure you'll be OK. Just buy what you like innit.

3) You care about your hair? What sort of girly shirt lifting tosspiece are you?

4) See above.

But the main thing to remember is don't try too hard to be cool. People will think you're far cooler if you just relax and be yourself than if you try and impress them all the time. That just looks sad.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Okie doke. Going to give just hot water a try, I can't actually believe it'll work, but what the hell do I have to lose. :D

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Mobius said:
Okie doke. Going to give just hot water a try, I can't actually believe it'll work, but what the hell do I have to lose. :D

Just remember to dry your face afterwards, or it will just get worse.
Took about a week before it made any difference to me.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Oh and laser eye surgery is meant to be ace. I've known a couple of people who've had it done and just been like "wow". The technology is ace.

Unfortunately it is expensive, and they ask for you to be about 21 or over, as they need to make sure your eyes have "settled" into their routine of how they see... performing laser surgery too early could blind you. :D

Damn, don't want to wait 3 more years. Guess I'll need a nice pair of glasses...walking around and not even recognising people I know is getting annoying.

Marc

FH is my second home
Healthy eating will defo make you feel much better. A balanced diet will do wonders. Breakfast, dinner and evening meal. Dont stack in between. Make sure you eat breakfast though. If you dont get much exercise, pop on a walkman and just go for a daily walk, say 30 mins. You will notice the difference within a few days. As for skin care, take a trip to your local boots and ask the lady behind the skin care dept what is best for our skin. They can take a look at your skin and will recommend the skin products you need. If you wet shave, use Clinique shaving Gel. Do not use shit like Gillette. Make sure you use a moisteuriser after each time u shave. The clinique stuff is expensive but a million times better than Gillette. In fact, im pretty sure, all boots stores, have a clinque section, full of skin care products. Face masks rock for sorting your skin out. You may think its girly or gay to use face masks but you will be surprised by the amount of men that use them (although they wont admit it!). If you use aftershave/eau de toillete, try and use alcohol free ones as they wont dry your skin. I use alcohol free for work, and then use normal ones when i go out on the lash. Also, in a strange kind of way, Sunbeds are good for your skin, yes they cause skin cancer, but they are actually good for your skin, the UV rays nourish (sp) your skin. Also, i guarntee you will feel a million times better about yourself with a tan. But dont hire one, go to a sunbed shop where they have fast tanning beds. Are there any gyms near you? If so, ask if they have a sauna and use the sauna if they do. These are so good for your skin, as you sweat out all the shit from your skin.

Hair. Dont be embarrased about going to a stylist like Toni & Guys. They arent going to laugh at you. Just tell them u kinda want an image change, they will offer you a can of beer or glass of wine and sit you down and show you some styles that they feel will fit the shape of your face. They will make u feel totally at ease. If you feel a proper hairstyle isnt for you then just get a close shave a la beckham, but DONT do it yourself and dont go to a barbers for it. Go to a stylist for it, as its not as simple as just shaving your hair.

As for clothes, buy clothes that look smart. You dont have to go and spend £120 on a lacoste shirt (although they do rock!). you can pick up smart clothes pretty cheap from department stores, house of fraser etc. Try to avoid bright clothes, ie, dont buy green jeans and a red shirt. The more conservative the better. Me personally, woulsnt buy any colour jeans other than blue and maybe black. Shoes wise, you cant go wrong with a pair of rockboot boots. Ive been wearing them since before they were FOTM (about 10 years), and i wont wear anything else. Most "fancyboys" like to wear loafers, but you arent a "fancyboy" so dont try and be something you arent.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
2 - tight blue jeans, stripy top, blazer, aviator shades

blatantly.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I think you should all take pictures of yourselves so he knows who to take advice from.

Full bodied in your good clothes with an indication of fat percentage and daily diet list.

Tilda

SilverHood said:
Just splash hot water in your face when you get up, and before you go to bed. Make sure you use a towel to dry your face, or your skin will dry out.
I'd disagree with this, I wash my face with a flanel and hot water but I find it gets dryer if I towel dry it rather than just letting it air dry, if i'm in a hurry I'll dab it dry which works ok.

SilverHood said:
I've always thought going to a stylist is a bit overkill. Go to a "hip" hairdressers (NOT! a barber), either for males, or unisex , and and tell the hairdresser to see what they can do with it. 9 out of 10 times, it will look better than anything you can come up with yourself, and 9 out of 10 times, it will look just as good as what the stylist came up with. And It will cost you around a tenner, depending on where you live.
I agree, i've had the same hairdresser for all my life, she rocks, £8 a time and always makes it look cool.

SilverHood said:
To be honest, I'd also reccomend a bit of exercise now and then, it really makes you feel a lot better. Even a kick around in the park once a week is better than nothing, or maybe a quick run round the block with your carpet eating dog perhaps :)

Again I agree, I try to walk one way or the other to uni every day, in the summer i'll be doing cycling, tennis and hockey, your supposed to do about 2-3 hours per week, generally split into 30 mins, but two lots of an hour would be find.

About the food, I first noticed this at school about me, but my skin would be find most of the time but then in the last few weeks of each term it would get mega spotty/greesy, I eventually realised that it was because of the chocolate everybody bought in to give to people. Now I dont really binge on chocolate (sure I have some every now and then) and my skin has been fine.

I use some mositureiser that my mum has, i just was using hers and she got me a bottle, I only really slap it on after I shave (often feel very dry) and sometimes in the evenings before I go out because it makes me feel like the king of the world.

Clothes, I can only echo what the others have said, you have to be comfortable, but I'd also be tempted to move away from black T-shirts. I like a lot of the stuff gap has, and as has been suggested, try to introduce some colour. Take a lady friend ask her what she thinks, get her to pick stuff out for you, try everything on, make some good general purpose outfits :D

About diet, im not sure how your day is structured, but I'd deffo get a good breakfast, I have 6 weetabix with milk for breakfast. Then a banana for 11'vansies between lectures. Then for lunch I'll go home and have sarnies (wholemeal bread!! get it!) or perhaps some soup.
I dont know what you do about main meals, but cooking for myself I'll have curry, bolinaise(sp), stir-fry, stew, and loads of other stuff. Try to have orange juice with your meals and then atleast 3 types of vegetables, ie, carrots, peas, peppers or something.
Variety is the spice of life!

Tilda

tris-

6 weetabix? ffs mate how the hell do you manage to get the shit out without rupturing your internals?!

Tilda

tris- said:
6 weetabix? ffs mate how the hell do you manage to get the shit out without rupturing your internals?!

I think the fruit and veg ballance it out, I've never really had a problem tbh :p

tris-

but you must have big turds though? get pics tbh, sounds like an anomalie to me

Bodhi

Why do the proponents of healthy eating always manage to make it sound so fucking dull? Christ, all this talk of vegetables and wholemeal bread makes me want to go on a crisps binge. My current record is 8 packets of Walkers in one hour. Don't make me break this!!!!

P.S Marc, go to a stylist to get your head shaved? They saw you coming clearly....

tris-

you can grow your own veg stuff to if you orgasm over healthy food.

do a search for bio snacky on google. its a mini green house on your window sill. buy the jar, put some of their seeds in and wait 5 days. you get the sprouts of the veg which is more healthy than the fully grown thing.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, Bodhi :( All I've eaten for the last few days are bananas and apples, and I am FUCKING STARVING. I've since caught a cold, runny nose, and general drowsiness. I'm beginning to think kebabs were good for me!

But in good news, my face has started looking better. I shall continue the experiment!

Marc

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
P.S Marc, go to a stylist to get your head shaved? They saw you coming clearly....

Ive never had a skin head. Any mongoloid can shave his own head. To do it properly, to fit the shape of your face a stylist should do it.

Tilda

Mobius said:
I agree, Bodhi :( All I've eaten for the last few days are bananas and apples, and I am FUCKING STARVING. I've since caught a cold, runny nose, and general drowsiness. I'm beginning to think kebabs were good for me!

But in good news, my face has started looking better. I shall continue the experiment!

You shouldnt *just* eat them, you gotta have a ballance, if you just eat fruit, you'll get the runs.
Eat some Carbs/Fiber stuff, like pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, weetabix etc etc. That should fill you up.

Bodhi

Yeah but so will a plate of steak and chips, like the one I'm currently digging in to.

tris-

eat pasta, but your gonna need to work like a bitch to buy off any calories if you eat an ounce of it. tbh meat fills you up, and if grilled in a george foreskin its really good for you. mainly has protein so then you can get to the gym and gain some muscles.

Marc

FH is my second home
tris- said:
eat pasta, but your gonna need to work like a bitch to buy off any calories if you eat an ounce of it. tbh meat fills you up, and if grilled in a george foreskin its really good for you. mainly has protein so then you can get to the gym and gain some muscles.

The george foreman machine is a myth. It doesnt make food anywhere near as healthy, as the adverts may suggest. If you are gonna diet, ignore red meat at all costs and stick to grilled chicken or fish.

tris-

ok mate, i will ignore the many mils of of fat that comes out the burgers that i make. your right, it wouldnt make the slightest bit of difference if i ate all that oozing fat. if you like it so much i will send you all the fat off two burgers for you to drink it, like you say it makes no difference.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
tris- said:
ok mate, i will ignore the many mils of of fat that comes out the burgers that i make. your right, it wouldnt make the slightest bit of difference if i ate all that oozing fat. if you like it so much i will send you all the fat off two burgers for you to drink it, like you say it makes no difference.

Mmmm, oozing fat...

Marc

FH is my second home
tris- said:

Show me where I said it makes no difference and if you cook a burger properly by grilling and draining the excess fat you have a healthier burger than the george foreman can produce. I know this as our rugby team's nutritionalist tested it out with various products and in every single case, the george foreman machine only produced food with marginally less fat than when you fried it in vegetable oil. Dont believe everything you hear on TV. Next you will be telling me that cans of red bull actually give you wings.

tris-

im not going by adverts, im going by using my own foreskin to make my own burgers. ive seen how much shit it takes off, the burger even tastes nicer without it. but if the fat that comes off doesnt make the burger any more healthy then why dont you want to drink my fat? i will send it in a bottle free of charge!

Marc

FH is my second home
tris- said:
im not going by adverts, im going by using my own foreskin to make my own burgers. ive seen how much shit it takes off, the burger even tastes nicer without it. but if the fat that comes off doesnt make the burger any more healthy then why dont you want to drink my fat? i will send it in a bottle free of charge!

Rather than trying to be a (bad) wannabe comedian, why dont you actually read my posts and digest what im saying? I said it makes it healthier, just no where near as healthier as you may think. When you fry a burger, the same amount of fat comes out of the burger as when you use a george foreman machine, just that when you fry it, the temp is much higher than a GF machine and the fat wont solidify, however, a small percentage of fat will be soaked up by the burger, as it will when using a GF machine. There will also still be a high content of saturated fat still present in the burger and this saturated fat is the big no no as it is harder to work off than normal fat. The GF machine makes you think its a lot healthier as you see a load of fat draining off, the same fat, that when you fry, is soaked up by the oil but can easily be taken off the burger once cooked. Proper grilling is the healthiest way to cook any red meat. But yeah, if you wanna be as slim as big george carry on using the GF machine.

tris-

trying to be comedian? lol, i just want to you drink my fat and see how healthy it is.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Bodhi said:
My current record is 8 packets of Walkers in one hour. Don't make me break this!!!!

48 packets of Space Raiders in three days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom